Sunday, January 5, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

The Art of Shaving Preshave Oil, Unscented, 2 Ounce

The Art of Shaving Preshave Oil, Unscented, 2 Ounce

I am a woman. My husband talked me into giving this product a try due to my sensitive skin when it comes to shaving. I must say, out of all my years of shaving, I have never had such a close shave without irritation. I love this product! I think I may just have to dab into my husband's stash from now on! I don't write reviews often so this says a lot coming from me. Oh and my husband loves it too. He's been using it for about 2 1/2 years now. I am mad that I am just discovering its greatness now.

It's about $10 more than it's worth, but it is the best-quality pre-shave oil available. I've tried Maggard's, Stirling, another brand. The second best is Stirling for $12, a pretty close second. The AOS shave oil is a bit thicker and richer. I think the only reason I ordered this again over Stirling is that Prime shipping gets it to me in two days versus waiting 3-5 days for Stirling to get it to me.

I've been using Art of Shaving Products since I was in the U.S. Army. I found that their three step process of shaving helped me out with my ingrown hairs as well as my razor bumps. Yes their product is expensive but, you're paying for a quality made product that isn't massed produced only to be put on some shelf in a big box store. This product you'll only find at fine retailers(Saks Fifth Ave., Nordstroms, Macy's, etc.) and Art of Shaving locations.

This pre-shave oil is perfect for guys with sensitive skin or doesn't want their skin to smell like one of the other 3 scents. This doesn't have a particular scent but it does have hints of clove oil and lavender oil which are two of the ingredients. This little bottle should last you at least 2-3 months depending on your shaving habits. I haven't found a company that does a better job when it comes to pre-shave oil. If you're going to go with one, go with Art of Shaving.

If this review was helpful to you, please click on the YES button. This will make it easier for others to find the review so that they may be helped as well.

I'm beginning to think I really don't need to use pre-shave oil, having done so for several years now. I've begun whipping my shaving cream to a lather directly on my face and don't notice any increased difficulty or "pain" when not using the oil, which has a tendency to introduce a sticky coating to my sink in any case. It's best function probably is in trapping moisture in your beard bristles if you shave having only washed your face. After a hot shower, this doesn't seem necessary. I don't have a particularly tough beard, though. Only average, I'd say.

Gone are the days of Edge and Barbasol! I have been shaving my head since I was on tour with a band in 1997. I can't say enough about The Art Of Shaving products - everything from pre-shave, to shaving cream and after-shave balm. All their products are superior and I can't say enough good things about them. I will likely never use anything else - ever. My only regret is that I hadn't heard of this brand earlier. The high-quality products (all) last longer than I expected. They always arrive on time and are securely packaged. Extremely recommended!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The unscented preshave oil is the first step of the perfect shave
  • Shave Oil helps protect against irritation and razor burn by promoting razor glide.
  • Before shaving, rub a small amount of oil on your hands and massage into beard
  • Unscented Hypoallergenic Pre-Shave Oil
  • Softens the beard and protects the skin
  • Prepares the skin for a close and comfortable shave
  • Ideal for men with sensitive skin, ingrown hairs, razor burn or tough beards
  • Unique blend of botanical ingredients

Description

The Art of Shaving PreShave Oil, Unscented



Seems like something you don't need, but it DOES make a difference! I visited one of The Art of Shaving stores, and the gal that helped me gave me a few free samples of this oil... I was hooked the first time I used it! Even though it is not actually unscented, the scent is very pleasing (just mild sandalwood), and does not trigger my usual allergic reaction to perfumes. But, more importantly, it really does make for a significantly smoother shave. I shave in the shower daily and it takes me 10-15 more seconds to apply this oil, so it is also not something that extends your shaving routine in any way. The result is no razor burns, and a VERY smooth skin.

Gone are the days of Edge and Barbasol! I have been shaving my head since I was on tour with a band in 1997. I can't say enough about The Art Of Shaving products - everything from pre-shave, to shaving cream and after-shave balm. All their products are superior and I can't say enough good things about them. I will likely never use anything else - ever. My only regret is that I hadn't heard of this brand earlier. The high-quality products (all) last longer than I expected. They always arrive on time and are securely packaged. Extremely recommended!

First time shave oil user, and I have a caution for other first time users: don't use this with a soap based foam if you face lather. The bubbles in a soap based lather (a foam) come from little molecules called surfactants, and they can support the bubble walls or surround oil droplets to let them float in water, but not both. Working the soap-foam into my face with a brush after applying this face oil killed the foam the more I worked it. Worse, it left a this residue on my brush that I had to use dish soap to remove before it would lather properly again. I have no idea if the same problem happens with a cream or not.

That said, the product did result in less irritation after the shave, likely from the residual oil that the shave didn't remove. So the product has its uses, just don't let your lathering brush near your face after you've applied the oil. That is, form your lather elsewhere (eg a bowl) and apply with the hand.

As others have noted, this product is very thick/sticky in absolute terms. I have no idea how that makes it compare with other products, but I imagine that a thinner oil wouldn't leave as much product on post-shave.

I bought this for my husband which he has been using this product for years. He suffers from ingrown hair on his face and this really helps with lifting those hairs so he can shave them. It also makes his face feel nice and prepped for the harsh shaver. it's awesome that Amazon sells this because for some reason this brand has been discontinued in many stores such as Macys, Nordstrom, and Lord and Taylor and they even closed down the actual store in our malls.

It's pretty subtle and I actually like it, but for anyone interested in the unscented aspect of this - there is a scent. Kind of earthy/musky, a similar scent you'd experience with other shave products. The quality of the oil is great and works awesome for shaving, though I find it a bit overpriced for the amount you get.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment