Sunday, January 5, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Taconic Shave Barbershop Quality Bay Rum Shaving Soap with Antioxidant-Rich Hemp Seed Oil

Taconic Shave Barbershop Quality Bay Rum Shaving Soap with Antioxidant-Rich Hemp Seed Oil

First a confession: I'm been shaving for 4 decades but am relatively new to DE wet shaving. In a fairly short amount of time, I've become an addict and have accumulated a nice little cache of shaving products (soaps, creams, oils, blades and razors). At the rate you go through your average tub of creams and soaps, I figure I've got enough to take care of things for the next several years. It's gotten to the point where I find myself sneaking products into the house. There it is; I said it. Anyone else out there with the same affliction? Anyway, I bought the Taconic bay rum soap a couple months ago, didn't really know what I was doing and made up a thin runny lather, so I just kind of stuck this back on the shelf until I watched a few you tube videos on lathering technique and decided to give this another try just recently. Folks, this stuff is amazing. The scent is intoxicating, which I already knew, but properly prepared, the lather is among the best I have used so far - thick, luxurious, slick and protective. It can easily handle a three pass shave. Now I just have to figure out where to fit it in to the rotation of other soaps and creams I have come to really like a lot. The other problem I have is now I'm going to have to figure out how to smuggle the lime and eucalyptus variants into the house!

I bought this for my husband less than a year ago. He only likes shaving soaps with natural high quality ingredients so I wanted him to try this product out after doing some research. He loves this soap, unlike others he's used in the past that caused him to break out on his face. This puck gives him a clean smooth shave with virtually no breakouts or razor bumps. Leaves him with a soft hydrated face. We like to travel a lot so the size of the puck makes for easy storage in his toiletrie bag. The only Con he has is the tin canister that the soap comes in rusts when putting the puck in wet or well trying to use a shaving brush with soap in the container. He had to leave the soap out to dry prior to putting in the tin. Now he just puts it in a ziplock bag.

I do not close the lid on this. I keep it in the tin and the tin open, and my bathroom smells amazing, which for a bachelor4life this is no small achievement. It's also one of my top 2 favorite shave soaps with WSP being the other. This stuff is a lot more wet, holds moisture very well. Likes water, no worries to add an extra palm full of water and spread around, it doesn't just wash away. I can usually get two passes in an area and it still feels smooth and "glidy". I have mildly sensitive skin and sometimes the cinnamon and clove in this tingles a bit much but leaves no burn behind and it's so mild as to not bother me but may be an issue with others. It whips up into a nice meringue peak but I like to put just a bit more water in it and thin it out and it's so smooth and my razor (straight, samurai with Derby blades) glides like Disney on ice. It is as good as the man behind the razor when it comes to how many nicks and cuts you'll get.

It's a little hard to lather, but provides a smooth shave. Smells like you're walking through the forest, so I really enjoy the scent. I've tried about 8 different shaving soaps, and I don't notice any significant differences to make me say one is better than the other. However, I do like this more than the Proraso soaps I've tried but not the Men's Soap Company; I like that the most. I'm not sure if you're supposed to heat it in the microwave like some claim. I didn't and just used it in a bowl. Found it pretty challenging to get a good lather, but it was very slick on my face. I like this one alot, and you might want to give is a swirl.

Nice product. I initially was disappointed as my Semogue boar brush didnt lather very well with it even after swirling 20-30 times. Got a Parker badger brush and I was in business after a few swirls.

Different strokes for different people. Its just that I tend to prefer the face-lathered Shaving creams (Taylor of Bond Old Street) a lot more than the puck, and this particular Bay Rum fragrance was not really my style, and hence didnt rate 5 stars. Your mileage may vary.

They sent a nice detailed email on how to use the product. Nice touch.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Bay Rum shaving soap - Large 4 oz puck will last for months
  • Artisan crafted in New York's Hudson Valley with hemp seed oil, coconut oil, olive oil and bentonite clay for great glide!
  • Naturally conditions, moisturizes and protects your skin while shaving
  • Creates a rich, thick and luxurious lather when used with a quality shave brush!
  • Suitable for all skin types

Description

Handcrafted by our artisan soap maker in New York's Hudson Valley, this moisturizing shave soap features natural coconut oil, olive oil, and antioxidant-rich hemp seed oil. These oils will condition, moisturize, and protect your face from razor irritation while softening your beard. Combined with bentonite clay for razor glide, our shave soap provides an unparalleled shave experience. Taconic's lathery shave bars offer a superior shave when compared to most commercial gels and creams. They produce a nick-free glide with a super slick lather! Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.



I have been using Proraso for quite a while now, and bought a shampoo bar from this same company, love it so much, I thought I would give their shave soap a try. I usually don't like glycerin based shave soaps, but this one is awesome. I like the smell just as much as I like how it works. The thing that caught me was the use of bentonite clay in this. They use this clay as a friction reducer when drilling wells. Works to reduce friction to get our oil, should work to reduce friction during my shave and it does. See ya later Proraso, hello Taconic!!!

I'm no connoisseur when it comes to shaving soaps but this stuff works. I put it on my face and the razor just slides through removing unwanted whiskers. The scent of the soap is nothing short of sensational.

I bought this soap from Super Safety Razors via Amazon. Shortly after purchasing this soap, I received an e-mail from Howie, from Super Safety Razors, who provided me with some additional information and tips about the product.

Nothing special. The soap does just what it's supposed to. Provides a comfortable shave. However, that's it. If you like proraso or razorock this should be a nice fit.

The smell is like pumpkin pie. I don't care about scents, only performance. I don't particularly care for the scent, but it doesn't linger. No aftershave irritation either.

It's been about 25+ years since I used a razor other than my Norelco electric, and I needed some shaving soap.

I was hoping it would fit into my 1776 - 1976 Commemorative shaving mug, but it was a little too big around to drop in, so I carved away the edge until it did fit, putting the shavings into the bottom of the mug first.
The soap smells VERY nice, and it lathers up really well! I like it a lot! So does my wife!!

Nice smelling soap. Washes cleanly away. Takes a little longer than other soaps to become a foam and my razor doesnt glide as easily as other soaps. Overall, a nice soap that leaves my face clean and smooth.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment