Thursday, September 5, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

RAINBOW RESEARCH Dark Brown Henna - 4 oz.

RAINBOW RESEARCH Dark Brown Henna - 4 oz.

[I ordered Rainbow Research dark brown henna but was sent the wrong colour. I returned and ended up buying it elsewhere.]

In looking for a natural, non-toxic hair dye, I came across henna. After using neutral henna (Cassia obovata) twice which conditions the hair while giving a lovely shine, I was ready to try something with a little colour. Henna (Lawsonia inermis) is a permanent dye that improves your hair. Henna binds the keratin in your hair and cannot be removed so it is a commitment. It 'only' dyes red. In order to get brown, Indigo (Ingiofereae) is used. For best results, a long, full day, two-step process is used for dark brown. You do the henna, rinse out then do indigo. The Rainbow Research henna is a one-step process with the henna and indigo powders mixed together. Mixing with boiling water causes an instant dye release so there is no long dye release period as there is when using just henna. Henna treatments are done full head until you get the desired colour then roots only if you don't want further darkening.

Application 1: I mixed one jar of the Rainbow Research henna with boiling strong coffee and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to form a mud thick enough to not to drip, thin enough to spread. I applied the mud, covered with a disposable shower cap and let sit for 4 hours. I have to tell you, the coffee may have added colour but stunk! Washing out wasn't too bad except for the indigo. There were flecks of indigo everywhere and more came out the second wash. The colour was good, more of a dark yellow on my greys than red. The indigo continued to bleed, coming off on my hands until the third wash.

Application 2 (10 days later): I mixed one jar of the Rainbow Research henna with boiling water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to form the mud. I applied the mud, covered with a disposable shower cap and a self-warming cap then let sit for 5 hours. Rinsing out was smoother than the first application. The colour was deeper with lots of shine. My greys are more of a mid to deep auburn. The indigo again bled.

I really like the end result of the two applications. My hair is shiny, healthy looking and feels stronger. It is a bit thicker, less frizz and my curl pattern (2b/2c) loosed. The colour is a deep brown with reddish, golden, copper highlights where the greys were.

This is a nice, all natural henna blend that is easy to use in a one-step, time saving process. There is no PPD or metallic salts that can be problematic. It is sifted but little pieces of stem become apparent when washing out. The main downside is the indigo bleeding which ultimately means it isn't staying on the hair so after a couple of washes, your hair lightens a little especially the greys.

I would recommend this henna blend. Be aware that henna is a natural dye, so more than one application is necessary. Henna is permanent as is indigo although indigo when in a blend doesn't stick to the greys hairs as well as it would in a two-step process. Also be aware that henna may loosen your curl pattern and each application will loosen further. I highly recommend reading up on henna on hennaforhair.com.

One of the best things I have used recently, which doesn't contain chemicals and doesn't turn your hair all orange like an orangutan. But it is pricey. Not when you compare it to other store brands that claim to be all natural and what not, but I found that I can go to an Indian store and buy a bag of henna and add indigo to get the same effect for much less $$. If this was cheaper, I would keep buying it for a long time.

This dyes my hair a dark brown, but the color fades to shades of burgandy to brassy orange when you look under spotlights or in the sun. If you like that, great!, but it does not suit me. I'm going to try the persian black, which I hope is not too black

Love what it does for hubby. Have been using this on him for over 15 years now.
I've also used their henna. Will continue to use as long as the formula stays the same.

I love Rainbow Henna!
The color is always consistent and I feel good knowing that I am using a product that won't cause me health issues later to get the color I want today. I've used this brand since forever, and recommend it highly.
Remember that henna is not a chemical dye. If you try to use it in the same way, you won't be happy with the results. Henna won't hurt your hair. If you want deeper color, leave it on a little longer. I have a lot of gray roots, so I leave it on 2 1/2 - 3 hours to get the color I want You might have to play with it some, but once you figure out what works for you, you will never go back to toxic dyes!
Happy Healthy Hair to you!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rainbow Research

Description

Rainbow HennaRainbow Henna has no additives, chemicals, or pesticides. Rainbow Henna coats each hair shaft with color. Blends naturally. Fades gradually. Lasts 4-6 weeks. Smoothes and seals the hair's cuticle for greater shine and body. Our custom-tailored recipes can be used for special effects, covering grey, and improving texture.Note: Henna has no lightening action.History of HennaSecrets of beauty have been cherished throughout the ages. One of the oldest beautifers known is Henna. Famous beauties such as Nefertiti and Cleopatra used Henna to enhance their hair coloring. Silent film stars Theda Bara and Clara Bow colored their hair with Henna to add to their mystery. Today, Henna is used by women and men who understand how to be naturally beautiful.



however I have an allergy to dyi so I use this product works well for me and its all natural

You do not need to use heat with this product. You can put it on your hair after shampooing (I just stay in the bathtub for about 20 mins) and then rinse it off with plain water and do not shampoo again until next day. The label says to put goo on your neck, ears, forehead, etc., so that the henna will not stain your skin. This may be necessary for very pale-skinned people - it has never stained my skin, and I do not use goo. I've been using this product for decades. Our local rich-folks' super markets stopped carrying it. So now I get it for less money through Amazon. Okay, no problem.

Great product all natural good color added shine really improved my hair texture!!!

This had more brown to it. Grey hair turns more red. Looks light highlights.

I feel so much better about dying my roots with henna. I'll never go back to toxic dyes.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment