Friday, November 1, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Proraso Shaving Cream, Refreshing and Toning, 5.2 oz

Proraso Shaving Cream, Refreshing and Toning, 5.2 oz

Stop buying "women's" shaving cream. This stuff is the real deal. You know how when a guy shaves and his skin is tight and smooth but also soft and smells like the dad you never had? You can have that... on your pits. I tried the sensitive skin version of this (in the white tube) but went back to this green boi. The eucalyptus is what makes this stuff such a *pleasure*. It rinses off really clean and just feels great on one's delicate lady pits. It doesn't gum up the razor and the vintage-y tube packaging gives major aesthetic vibes to your shower. Plus, once you've use some of it up, you can curl the end of the tube and hang it off the side of the shower caddy, leave valuable space shelf for all that other shower goo you buy. #efficiency P.S. Also does amazing things for legs, but maybe don't use this on your crotch. Unless you're into that, then you do you, hunny.

OMG, this stuff is fantastic! I have used this for many, many months & find it is far superior than any shaving cream you can buy AND it is far more cost effective if you use it properly.

Okay, this is how I discovered how to use it to get the maximum efficiency and comfort through a lot of trial and error. Many of my failures came from not having the confidence to use so little of the product. I had failed to realize how concentrated this product is and me embarrassingly trying to compare it (in the amounts needed to be used) to the junk they sell in the stores.

How to apply it -

I do not use a brush. What you do is barely wet your hands, put a very small and I mean very small amount - about half the size of a dime - and even that is a lot, in the palm of your hand. Next, put your palms together and rub vigorously for about 10 - 15 seconds and you will see it turning white and in a semi-thick paste. Then switch to rubbing your hands and fingers together to spread the paste onto the entire surfaces of your hands.

That entire process takes about 25 - 30 seconds & the exercise isn't bad either :-) after which I apply it to my dampened face.

It is important to understand that you will not get a big foamy face like you do with other shaving creams. All of that foam is essentially air and other wasted additives that cause you to rinse your razor after every stroke. The real purpose for shaving cream is to provide a slippery surface on your skin so the razor can operate smoothly while protecting your skin.

I used to use all of the new technology razors with two, three, four, five blades and the aloe strips only to find that I hated going to the store and spending my life savings for the replacement blades. It is such an insult!

Today, I use an old-fashioned safety razor and have found that this Poraso acts exactly like the aloe strips and I do not have to rinse my razor after every stroke. With the combination I just mentioned I have found that I save a ton of money and am far happier with equally close shaves ... not to mention the very high quality single blades are far cheaper initially and in the long run.

A single tube of this product lasts me at least six months and I shave every day, which is about a $1.50 per month and using a very high quality product - you really can't beat that in today's day and age.

I gave up canned of Barbasol about two years ago and switched to creams. First of all, if you're on the fence, I recommend giving up any of the canned stuff. Once you find a good cream, the shave you get will be better than ever before in my opinion.

I've tried Proraso shaving cream, Arbonne RE9 Men's shave cream, Kiehl's Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream, Marlowe No. 141 Shave Cream, and Anthony Shave Cream. I always come back to Proraso's cream although Kiehl's cream is a very close second place. The Proraso creams just work. I place a small amount in my palm (maybe about 1.5 inch strip) and rub my hands together for about 45 seconds. Then I start rubbing the cream onto my head until I feel the product just start getting a little dry. Then I add a few drops of water into the mix and I'm ready to shave.

I don't use a lather or soap bowl. I don't use a boar's hair mixing brush. I just use my hands and it's fantastic.

So maybe this is some kind of shaving travesty, but I’m a woman and I use this for shaving my legs. I recently returned from a trip to Italy and their body products are just very different than American products. Scents are different, so is the texture. I decided to try this on a whim and I absolutely love it. I hate floral girly scents. I prefer things that are more astringent, like pine, eucalyptus, mint, or citrus. This is perfect, but to be clear, it does have a more barbershop smell to it, which I am fine with. It is more of a cream and similar to Kiss My Face Lavender Shea Moisture Shave in texture. It does not get fluffy and foamy, more like a cream or lotion l. I get a super smooth shave with it.

This is hands-down the best shaving cream I have ever used. I got this on a suggestion from a friend when I upgraded from the Gillette Mach series (named such since you throw away money on new blades at supersonic speed) to a double edge safety razor recently. First of all, the smell and feel is incredible -- don't be thinking it's like a Hall's mentholyptus cough drop! OK, well maybe a little, because it does have menthol and eucalyptus oil. The menthol adds a little warmth/cooling effect to your face, especially in the final cool rinse after you shave, which is a nice effect. It smells masculine however, without being overpowering. Second, it lathers up incredibly. My first tube went fast since I was using way too much --- it only takes a tiny dab, like the size of a dime, to lather up into a full, thick cushion for shaving. I have used it in a bowl or just a tiny dab right in the brush and lather on my face and both work great. Finally, the fact that it's in a toothpaste-style tube is nice since you can squeeze out every drop, plus it's easier to travel with than an aerosol can. The only drawback is that it is a bit pricy at $10 a tube, but it's from Italy, and as I said, if you keep in mind "a little dab'll do ya" then it will last much longer since you won't be wasting it. Overall, the smell, efficacy and experience of using this cream with a nice double edge razor has really made my morning routine much more enjoyable. After several months I just ordered my third tube and still don't want to try any other brands to compare since this one really is so good. They also offer a Sandalwood scent, but again, the menthol is just so perfect it's hard for me to consider trying another.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Soften skin for a close shave without irritation
  • This shaving cream is ideal for a classic moisturizing shave
  • Helps comfort skin
  • For every kind of beard and normal skin
  • Eucalyptus oil helps in toning, purifying effect
  • Menthol refreshes and revitalizes
  • No parabens; No silicons; No mineral oils; No artificial colors

Description

The original combination of eucalyptus oil, menthol and glycerin has been reformulated to include no parabens, silicon, mineral oil or SLS. Proraso shaving cream provides the smooth, perfect shave with naturally sourced ingredients.



I do love this product. I love the viscosity. It's very effective, especially if I leave it on like a pre-shave for about 5 minutes before shaving. I use a Merkur 38HD Barber Pole alternated with a mint vintage 1968 Gillette Slim Adjustable set on number #9. I should add I prefer the aggressive Feather blades. Also if I don't want to leave this on as a pre-shave, I'll use vitamin E oil on my face as the pre-shave followed by the Proraso. Another shaving cream, similar to the Prorarso, that I like is the C.O. Bigelow, which has a stronger, pleasing scent and is even more viscous.

I've tried other brands and products for a nice feeling shave cream/soap, and every time I regret it. This stuff is in my opinion the best out there. I started using it when I started with a safety razor and ultimately with a straight razor. The cooling sensation of the menthol combined with refreshing scent of eucalyptus is just too nice for me to want any other product. The lather is also superb on this. Other products go on seemingly thick, but seem to dissolve into thin air, but this always stays nice and thick on my face and neck. I've used the Proraso Sandalwood (Proraso Vintage Prima Dopo Tin Moisturizing and Nourishing Formula,5.2 Ounce), and it does work just as well, but it's just not quite as refreshing for me.

Been into wet shaving for over a year now and have been trying various soaps and creams.

Cremo: Not "lathery". Not a bad product, but odd to use.

Col. Conk (Amber soap): Pretty dang nice. Smell is faint (could be stronger) but a good lather and really affordable

4 oz. Himalaya from Men's Soap Company: Not bad. Not great, but okay... A bit pricey since it's not quite as good as Col. Conk, but is 2x the price.

Taylor of Old Bond (peppermint): Not as good as I had hoped for the price. If I call THIS Proraso a (10), I'd call ToOB an 8 or 9.

THIS! THIS is the stuff for me going forward! Great smell, dense Lather.

Smell: 8 of 10 (Good smell, could be a bit stronger)
Lather density: 10 of 10 (whipped with a boar brush and it stayed dense as thick, a "pillow" of foam stayed dense even after being left out on counter to dry overnight).
Slickness: 7 of 10 (not as slick as Cremo, but a tiny dab produced enough lather to reapply maybe 4 passes, so not a problem)
Lather Speed: Pea sized dab and about 1 tsp. whipped up into a full shave lather in about 30 - 40 sec. After each pass, I added about 4 drops of water to maintain lather moisture (I shave kinda slow).

If you are trying to decide to get this, DO IT! You'll likely enjoy it. And in case you are wondering, Yes, I paid full price for it, and NO I am not being asked or paid to say this. I was just impressed and thought I would share.

In the many years since Tom's of Maine was sold to Colgate-Palmolive, and they discontinued the shaving cream due to "lack of sales", I've been searching for something new. I've tried other products like Kiss My Face, but mainly used Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. I have to admit that shaving has never really been as comfortable as it was with Tom's, nothing else really created a smooth path for my razor. So, I tried my search again, and came across some great recommendations for this product. It was love at first shave, and has been every day since. A little bit goes a long way, it goes on easily and washes off completely with no effort. And the smell is wonderful. I hate perfumed products, and just can't use them.This shaving cream has eucalyptus and menthol in it, natural ingredients which smell great and leave my skin feeling refreshed. I have a very light beard, but still have to shave each day I go to work. The other products I've tried didn't reduce the skin irritation I experience daily, but this one does. It brings back great memories of my grandfather's barber shop and going to our home town barber with my dad when I was young. Finally my years long search is over - Thanks Proraso!

This soap is the typical recommendation for beginners and after using it, I can easily see why. This cream is inexpensive, whips up a decent and usable lather with astounding ease and soothes the face. The scent? Not much of one. It kinda reminds me of Vicks VapoRub. If you want scent, go with Proraso Red, as I think it smells of sandalwood. My favorite aspect of this cream is the menthol. This is nothing too crazy, but enough to give you a little tingle. It really soothes the face and gives a slick smooth shave for an inexpensive cream. If you want a better lather and shave, you'll definitely want to upgrade, but this will get you started.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment