Friday, October 18, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

American Crew Grooming Cream, 3 Ounce

American Crew Grooming Cream, 3 Ounce

I am a young professional Asian-American who has been using hair products since I was in elementary school (gel, hairspray, and other pomades). I've used Axe styling gels, Moco de Gorila gels, and various Loreal hairsprays and gels.

Pros:
- Duration: Each 3 oz can lasts me 5 months at a time. I use about a fingernail's worth of product (if not less) every time.
- Smell: The smell of this grooming cream is great and the ladies love it.
- Shine: Strong shine especially for dry hair like mine.
- Hold: This is the best hair product I have used that holds my stubborn hair the way I want it held. I've used this for a combover and slick back.
- No flakes: Compared to gels and hairsprays, this product does not leave any flaky residue. However, since this product is very strong, I would advise to use some sort of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Cons:
- Texture: Overall the texture is pretty malleable but if you leave it near hot places, it can tend to melt. Keep it room temperature places such as a drawer or cabinet.

I am a young professional Asian-American who has been using hair products since I was in elementary school (gel, hairspray, and other pomades). I've used Axe styling gels, Moco de Gorila gels, and various Loreal hairsprays and gels.

Pros:
- Duration: Each 3 oz can lasts me 5 months at a time. I use about a fingernail's worth of product (if not less) every time.
- Smell: The smell of this grooming cream is great and the ladies love it.
- Shine: Strong shine especially for dry hair like mine.
- Hold: This is the best hair product I have used that holds my stubborn hair the way I want it held. I've used this for a combover and slick back.
- No flakes: Compared to gels and hairsprays, this product does not leave any flaky residue. However, since this product is very strong, I would advise to use some sort of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Cons:
- Texture: Overall the texture is pretty malleable but if you leave it near hot places, it can tend to melt. Keep it room temperature places such as a drawer or cabinet.

Let me begin by saying I grew up in a family of beauticians and spent my formative years doing homework under the hood of an old school hair dryer waiting for mother to finish work at the salon. The salon, owned and also worked by my grand mother. This family loves them some hair stuff.

So given that, there will NEVER be a shortage of hair stuff in my family. I have tried so many products, it borders the absurd. My hair ranges in length from a couple inches to currently about 6 inches. Black and curly.

The issue with most modern products is they make the hair so crunchy, but if you don't use enough, it doesn't do much. I just assumed most of my life this was the caveat of hair products, at least for men. Either no product or product that made it crunchy'ish in some form or fashion. Or any other various unfavorable texture that didn't feel very natural.

It wasn't until I went on a dinner with two women and the hostess genuinely thought we all had just gone swimming, gauging by the appearance all of our hair, that I decided there had to be SOMETHING out there that didn't have this effect.

Fortunately, I came across this article from art of manliness:
[...]

I decided to try a few new products much to the chagrin of my mother. When I mentioned my purchase in our next conversation, it was beyond her why I would ever want to try something that didn't adorn the shelves of a modern salon.
I picked up Vitalis, Groom & Clean, and American Crew.

Vitalis is meh. It's tolerable, but definitely not what I was looking for. Very light and doesn't hold much.
Groom & Clean is quite fantastic. For quick application and a decent days hold, it's highly recommended. I need to review it as well.

American Crew is a completely different compound than Groom n Clean, but holy mother what a product. I like both for sure, but I think American Crew takes the cake. It's a more modern product, but a throwback to the old school stuff. I'm not sure how they pull it off, but just a tiny bit will give hair a nice luster and sheen with a fantastic hold, while remaining soft to the touch. It doesn't appear or feel oily, but rather healthy and soft. My curls hold together without frizzing, and they look fan friggin tastic. No joke, this stuff makes me feel like a movie star or something with the way my hair looks. I didn't take a shower the night I wore it out the first time and fell asleep early to find my hair looked awesome in the morning as well! Still soft with good hold. A little flat on the back though. haha

Obviously results will vary, but it's a staple for me now.
If you're on the market for a product to try, do yourself a favor and at least give it a shot.
One little tub will go a looooooong way.

Tip: It's a thick compound. Kind of waxy feeling when you pull out a dollop. You don't want much. Just get a little in your hands. My method is to rub the compound between my palms until it's heated a bit from my hands, then apply to damp hair after a shower. Sometimes I use a little more, sometimes a little less. No exact method.
If you have curly hair, be sure to scrunch it (grab a handful and squeeze/press against your head). That really seems to do the trick for me.

Hope this review is helpful, and best wishes!

This has become my go-to hair product. It does a great job of adding hold and shine with just a small amount ("just a dab will do ya," to borrow a competitor's tagline). I have a conservative hair style (short sides, longer on top), so you may have a different experience. I'd probably recommend something like AC's Fiber if you usually keep your hair very short (I like to have a small jar of that on hand for weekends, or when I get a very short cut), but for the most part this Grooming Creme should help you keep a polished, professional look during the week. It's also much cheaper on Amazon than your local drug store or Target. Plus, it has Elvis on the current crop of jars, so that has to count for something, right?

I have about 4 inches of hair and a curly/wavy esque to it. This is the best American Crew for the job. After I get our of the shower I apply some of the light styling gel, do the rest of my business then put my hair into its final place for the day with this stuff. Works great, not a clay, and not too shiny.
The American Crew sight has recommendations for which product you get for what type of hair you have. Definitely check that out before buying.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • American Crew: Official Supplier to Men
  • Excellent and shine
  • Softens naturally curly or wavy hair
  • Repels moisture

Description

Grooming Cream provides ultimate hold with high shine. Use to create a straight, sleek look or to soften naturally curly or wavy hair with conditioning elements such as aloe vera. Repels moisture to keep styles intact and provides excellent hold and shine.



Gooy Goopie Glopidi Gloupe...Pass the Pomade Please. Thick wavy but worn short dark hair and this product are like oil and vinegar. This is a product that dries very quickly so you have to move quick to apply. I find the quick dry to be annoying and when you try to wet your hair to unbind the glue the hair and product freak out and lay flat. But others seem to love it so I still give it a four and will stick to my pomade.

I use this for my hair in formal occasions only. It looks good but makes my hair sticky.

In my beard and musache, It's great. Softens it up and keeps it in place.

Grooming cream by crew has always been one of my primary choices for putting up and styling my hair I recommend people also mix and match some of the different pomades available from this company This stuff will keep your hair in one direction. If you use this product I recommend showering with the style or build up product remover shampoo and this grooming cream will stay in for awhile.

Hold firm and looks great. I have thick hair and this has no trouble holding my hair how I want it. Washes out fine and doesn't leave any residue. Also doesn't flake like some other brands.

My husband uses this every day. I recently purchased this again as a stocking stuffer for him since he was running low. He likes the mold-ability of the product without it feeling or looking too greasy. He usually wets his hair and then applies this product and it stays all day; his hair is thin and short, and this tames even the meanest of cowlicks. It smells nice, too!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment