Sunday, September 29, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Pomade for Men, Medium Hold & High Shine,Hair Styling Formula for Straight, Thick and Curly Hair, 2 OZ - Smooth Viking...

Pomade for Men, Medium Hold & High Shine,Hair Styling Formula for Straight, Thick and Curly Hair, 2 OZ - Smooth Viking...

One benefit I didn't notice in the product information, and maybe I missed it, was that it is also a wonderful conditioner.

I have only used this product for about a week, but the most noticeable effect it the softness of my hair...and beard. I use this on my beard too, as an afterthought when applying it to my hair.

Several months ago, for some very personal reasons, I decided "SCREW IT!" and let my hair and beard grow out once again. In college I had hair to my belt and a Grizzly Adams beard. And then I graduated and needed a job, so I found a barber and worked my way through Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. The next phase of my life was a holding pattern. I don't need to be a millionaire (they're often dicks), and I have enough money to be comfortable, and I am lazy. I started consulting just enough to pay bills and not have to dig into the retirement accounts. As I just mentioned, I am lazy, so this phase lasted awhile.

Then this year my world was turned on its ass. Easily the worst year of my life, and that is saying something. After some soul searching I remembered when I was happiest....in college when I had long hair and beard. So I stopped cutting my hair and shaving.

To her credit, my Lady didn't say anything for the first two months. Then she mentioned that the beard was scratchy and my hair was unruly. But she thought it was just a phase and would eventually pass. She has NO IDEA how long my phases can be. Eventually she became reluctant to cuddle because of the coarse hair an scratchy beard. Another example of how bad a year this is.

A couple of weeks ago I determined that my hair was finally long enough to work with, and started looking looking for products. Not wanting a Mohawk or a helmet, I choose Smooth Viking Pomade mainly because of the reviews and product information. Right off the bat I was pleased with how my hair looked and that it was doing exactly what I wanted it to do. (Full disclosure: At my age, having a full head of hair gives me bragging rights. Hell, having a head of hair, a set of teeth and a steady income makes me a endangered species.) Being able to style it gets me no additional points from my contemporaries as far as I can tell.

This past weekend, my Lady commented on the new style and how soft both my hair and beard are. Then she proclaimed that I am once again cuddly...

Which is good.

Back in the day I used to use Roal Crown pomade which was great stuff, but greasy as all get out. I liked the hold and the shine but I always just felt greasy. I tried a few other products but all we meh. Then I saw this "water based pomade". This stuff is fantastic. Good hold, great shine, and no grease! Way better than anything I have tried from Crew.

First time using Pomade myself. But I must say....I LOVE IT!!! Little bit goes a long way. Helps control my frizzy curly hair. I being a guy have used gel to style and control my hair. But that always got rock solid and didn't look the best. But this pomade is amazing. Helps to style and ISN'T rock solid. Easy to clean hair and not only looks good but has a slight good smell too!! Will definitely be using this from now on.

Great product and holds hair in place without "grease". Other Pomade that I used are more like vaseline. The Viking brand does feel - after its applied and dries- like "hairspray". I would buy this again.

I absolutely love this pomade, it has been exactly what I have been looking for out of a pomade. It holds my hair well, but I am able to run my fingers through it to form it a little throughout the day. It doesn't become a hard mess that's impossible to run a comb through once dried while still holding my hair very well. I only wish they made a bigger size (even if it was more expensive) but aside from that, absolutely love this pomade.

I highly recommend it!

And my wife loves the way my hair looks with it, which is another bonus.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • A water-based hair styling that gives any hair type the fine boost it needs to achieve a sleek look
  • Want a strong and sculpted matte look with natural volume? Just use a small amount on dry hair.
  • A Low-Maintenance Formula that Works
  • Want a slicker and sleeker look instead? Dampen your hair before use, and you'll have maximum shine.
  • This product is loaded with only the finest ingredients around to ensure you'll have your ideal hairstyle

Description

Smooth Viking's Pomade is perfect if you're looking to take an average looking hairstyle to the next level. That's right, we're not JUST about beards!This Pomade is a water-based blend that provides maximum shine, sleekness and control to any hair type. Can be used whether your hair is thin or thick, straight or curly, modern or classic.



I'm giving this 4 stars *only* because of the cost. Everything else about it is great. It provides a very solid hold, it has a nice, subdued scent that's reminiscent of grape leaves and polish.

But, it's only 2 oz for 11 bucks. In my opinion that's a little overpriced, considering you can get twice as much product for almost the exact same price from other manufacturers.

This stuff is amazing! My husbands hair has great hold but no crisp which is great! It provides the perfect amount of hold but still allows the hair to look natural and effortless. My husband loves it and even asked me to get him more. A must have!

I used to use American Crew Pomade and it worked great until the quality of the product declined, and I got a handful of shipments that were spoiled due to heat damage.

I decided to try Smooth Viking.

I like the name, but I LOVE the product.

It smells nice, it has a great hold, and it washes out easily with shampoo. I have a very demanding and active career and this stuff hold out for my full 10 hour shift and then some.

Easy 5 out of 5 for me.

I'm not good at seeking out new hair care products, and when I find one I like, I prefer to stick with it. The one I was using before this came from Dollar Shave Club, and I liked it, but they don't sell any other products I like, and shipping with them is remarkably less convenient and more expensive than with Amazon, so I went on a mission to find a new product. Smooth Viking caught my eye (so I guess the marketing folks are earning their keep), so I figured I'd give it a try, and if I didn't like it, pick something else up later.

I am highly satisfied. The medium hold product is completely different from what I was using before: it's a clear, fairly solid, high-gloss emulsion, which turned me off a bit when I saw it, but once I got it in my hands it was really surprisingly easy to work with. It dries in my hair almost as if there's nothing there - my hair is soft and smooth - but it holds in place beautifully.

I will definitely continue to buy this product. Hopefully Amazon won't remove it from their product lineup, and force me to go through the traumatic process of finding a new one.

Seriously, I think after two years of playing around with pomade, I finally found the right one for me. This is JUST what I need. Easy to apply. The hold is ridiculous. And even after your hair getting messed up in the wind, having a comb in your pocket will save your life. Plus, I love the shine that comes with it! It doesn't make my hair feel greasy or dry like other pomade. I don't think I'll ever have to try a different pomade.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment