Friday, September 27, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

NOW Essential Oils, Sandalwood Oil, 14% Blend of Pure Sandalwood Oil in Pure Jojoba Oil, Grounding Essential Aromatherapy, 1-Ounce

NOW Essential Oils, Sandalwood Oil, 14% Blend of Pure Sandalwood Oil in Pure Jojoba Oil, Grounding Essential Aromatherapy, 1-Ounce

As a long-time purchaser of NOW products, I was amused to see the negative comments about this sandalwood essential oil. I don't think 100% pure sandalwood oil is available any more -- if it is, the cost is prohibitively expensive. (Checking a website of a wholesaler that I often do business with, I found pure sandalwood essential oil for $79.74 for 1/2 ounce and $279.04 for a 2 ounce bottle.) NOW has diluted this oil so 'mere mortals' have access to a fascinating essential oil with a long history of use.

I have never been disappointed in the quality of a NOW product -- and we have used dozens over the years (vitamins, supplements, foods, essential oils, etc). NOW's use of grapeseed oil is an excellent choice. I would be horrified if my expensive sandalwood essential oil would be ruined because the carrier oil went rancid.

As many reviewers noted, there isn't much of a smell when you smell it in the bottle, but when you put it on skin, it's a very strong sandalwood smell. I put it on then went out to a movie, and washed my hands several times. And the smell was still there. It definitely has staying power.

I use essential oils for making homemade products, room sprays, deodorant, perfume, etc. I purchased sandalwood for the qualities of the oil, not the smell. And I'm not a huge fan of the smell by itself (though I have no doubt it's true to how sandalwood should smell). However, I'll be using it for blends so it'll meet my needs.

Oh, c'mon, it's Sandalwood! And Now brand is a pretty decent brand if you don't have a ton of $$ to spend and want decent quality. I immediately put it to use in some of my homeopathic blends and I and others I gift them to have already begun to see the difference. I have always liked it for its scent, but the skin care benefits are fantastic!

I was literally FORCED to write a review after seeing the negative comments about this product that I've been buying directly from NOW Foods for years. This IS the real deal, highly sought after "Santalum album" which can only be found in India. Sandalwood is a base note in fragrances due to its staying power, while it's scent can be subtle in a blend. If you are expecting a 14% concentration of Sandalwood to saturate the senses from smelling out of the bottle, you are mistaken. However, apply this to the skin and it blooms into the wonderful, warm scent you would expect of Sandalwood that lasts & lasts. NOW mixes it with Grapeseed oil which is also a wonderful choice as it does not have a fragrance & it does not go rancid quickly, like most other carrier oils. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this product, from it's amazing scent, it's healing properties (physical, mental, spiritual) right to the great value (from someone who purchases LOTS of essential oils, even from wholesalers). Also, Sandalwood is one of the very few essential oils whose scent gets BETTER with age. *** It should also be noted that this particular Indian Sandalwood tree that produces 'Santalum album' is currently under protection by the Indian government in an attempt to stop endangerment. It takes nearly 100 years for the Sandalwood trees to reach maturity for the oil to be taken from it's roots and today's black market trade has caused poachers to drop ivory trade & go hacking down young Sandalwood trees, ravishing the supply now & completely endangering their future. Yay for the elephants & Boo for the great woods. PLEASE use this sacred oil appropriately & responsibly given it's rarity.

Being brand new to essential oils and holistic aromatherapy, I started by buying oils that I felt would benefit me by scent (old familiar scents)to bring back memories or to use as holistic therapy. Essential oils have their place secured in a natural beauty routine; they are natural, chemical-free alternatives. ‘NOW Foods’ seem to come with the best reviews and so far all the oils are oils of substance and as I test them, they seem to be actual natural oils with limited or no fillers.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Pure jojoba & sandalwood oil
  • Subtle, floral, undertones of wood and fruit
  • Grounding, focusing, balancing
  • Steam distilled
  • Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Vegan/Vegetarian

Description

NOW Sandalwood Oil Blend, 1-Ounce



I just had to write a review after all the bad comments. It smells great and is pretty strong. I used this to make wax melts and it throws scent very nicely.

I've used this in making hand salve before and it is nice. It is not strong, so don't expect to be overwhelmed with sandalwood scent if you put it in a reed diffuser. Note that because of the carrier oil it won't work (and may clog) a water diffuser.

I really enjoy the oriental woody smell of sandalwood and this oil blend didn't fail my expectations while the true sandalwood oil its expensive this oil was enjoyable

This smells just like the sandalwood that my mom used to have. It is the real deal. This type of sandalwood is from India and has a less harsh note that the one from Australia. The smell lasts a long time but doesn't have a lot of projection. It may become stronger over time? I know that when making perfume the smells tend to intensify and change. I like this very much and would buy it again.

Smells so yummy. Mixed with jojoba oil, which is fine with me, because 100 percent pure sandalwood oil is expensive and it also saves me time because I can use it directly on my skin straight from the bottle. I put it on my face before bed and my skin loves it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment