Friday, September 27, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Men-u Shaving Cream

Men-u Shaving Cream

First, let share that my perspective of shaving is pretty simple. I don't uses brushes, bowls or really any fancy shaving products or other men's products. I just want a close, but quick shave, and I have a tougher than average beard. And I travel about 30% of the time. This has become my one shave cream for both home and my always packed duplicate travel kit.

Compared to gels which foam up quite a bit, this is a much thinner, "see through" coating on your face. At first that made me skeptical, but I quickly found it was every bit as effective as even the best brands of canned gel shave creams but has a few key benefits over the cans.

1) because it is almost "see through" you can actually shave more carefully.
2) because you use so much less "volume" it makes much less mess around the sink.
3) the container doesn't leave rust stains or cream drippings from the spout on my bathroom closet shelf, and takes up way less space.
4) the small size is perfect for airline travel, and I never have to guess or worry if there is enough left in my travel bottle to get through a whole trip, whereas with a can I never really knew how much was left once below a half can.

Lastly, I have found that when I have used up 90% or so of the pump bottle that is I run a little bit of tap back into the bottle I can still get another 25 or so shaves. I really don't think this costs more per shave than drugstore gels, or if so, it's marginal.

I have been using many different MenU products, and ordered here when my local salon was slow to reorder. Not only is the quality terrific but the packaging is ideal for people who frequently fly. This is a superb shaving cream, doesn't clog the razor, and offers less friction than others I have tried. It is also nicely concentrated and lasts and lasts...

Over the years I've tried a variety of shaving techniques--blade and electric--to achieve a close shave without lacerating myself. Eventually I developed a routine of doing a "preshave" with an electric shaver (various brands), following up with a blade shave. For about the last year and a half I've been using Men-u Shave cream, applying one pumpful on my dry beard, wetting the foil of a Panasonic wet/dry shaver, and then shaving. This cuts the electric shave time in about half.
I follow that with another pumpful of shave cream and do a blade shave. This has solved the laceration problem, and the blades, of course, last much longer. The cream has a fresh fragrance.
The other thing I like about the Men-u product is that is TSA compliant, and the locking mechanism stops the pump from activating while in transit.

Everything about this is 5 stars. the container is perfect for home or travel, although when I travel I now use the travel set. You can use this with or without brush. I don't use this with a brush anymore because I found myself using more of the product and could get a smooth shave without the brush with this product.

This is not a heavy cream and does is not meant to have a huge amount of lather on your face.

I like it because you can shave with little to no mess and it leaves you with a good shaving foundation.

An exceptional shaving cream in which provides for an excellent, close shave, leaving the face refreshed. I rank this shaving cream with the top shaving creams from England. Two pumps of cream are required when applying cream by hand, only one drop when using a shaving brush. Either way, good spreading of the cream, with lathering also. Not sure if the lathering is due to the "soap" component of the cream or if the cream contains sodium laureth sulfate, an additive to many formulations to produce lathering.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • A luxury shaving cream that can be used with or without a brush
  • Used by top professionals (& multi-award winning) - a great close shave, slip & smooth ride for your razor blade means less resistance, less nicks and a longer lasting blade! Includes tea tree oil (a natural antiseptic & antibacterial) which is ideal for spots and shaving rash. Packed with lubricants including silicone and moisturisers that help to provide optimum slip without drying the skin.
  • TSA Approved
  • Concentrated formula that requires only 1.5 to 2 pumps means that this will last you a while
  • Manufactured by a well known brand (Men-U) that specializes specifically in mens grooming

Description

Men-U Shaving Cream 3.3 Oz A luxury shaving cream that can be used with or without a brush Used by top professionals (& multi-award winning) a great close shave, slip & smooth ride for your razor blade means less resistance, less nicks and a longer lasting blade! Includes tea tree oil (a natural antiseptic & antibacterial) which is ideal for spots and shaving rash. Packed with lubricants including silicone and moisturisers that help to provide optimum slip without drying the skin. TSA Approved Concentrated formula that requires only 1.5 to 2 pumps means that this will last you a while Manufactured by a well known brand (Men-U) that specializes specifically in mens grooming



I found that the Men-u shaving cream does what it says. With just 2 pumps it makes enough lather to shave at least 2 times. My problem I have with it is by the time I apply the cream to my face the lather starts to dissolve and by the time I get to the other side of my face the lather has become very thin. I have tried adding water, removing water, adding more cream and I still end up with the same scenario. The other thing I have noticed is, with my skin when I shave with the Men-u it feels sticky which does not allow my razor to slide smoothly down my face. If you are debating on trying this I would say to give it a try. Maybe it will work better for you. It does make a lot of lather and it did work better then some of the creams I tried, I just found something that works better for me.

I've been using MEN-U shaving cream for years and love it. I hope they never stop making it but usually keep a stock pile on hand just in case. Each bottle lasts months and months. One squirt from the easy to use bottle provides just the right amount of cream to cover my face and get the job done. The product is very slippery and leaves my face feeling perfectly conditioned. Love the small package and that I'm not wasting any product. I highly recommend the this shaving cream-the best i've used hands-down.

I've tried about a dozen high-end shaving creams. This one outperforms every other one I've used. It also seems to last forever and the packaging is great for traveling.

Absolutely the very best shaving cream I have ever used...one container literally lasts for ever for me as I have a goatee...no odor, no irritation, smooth shave!!! I searched for this product and will never use another....

This product shaves as well as Prorasso, another excellent shaving product. men-u has the added plus in that its container takes up far less "real estate" on the shower ledge than the tube of Prorasso - important when considering the other soap products that clutter my shower ledge.
One squirt is all that is needed - about the size of a dime. It spreads and lathers quickly. I don't experience razor pull and the blade glides smoothly. I don't know about the 165 shaves that is advertised, but it will go far, it seems to me.
It is a little on the expensive side, but I think that the cost per shave compares favorably with Prorasso.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment