Friday, September 27, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Ethique Eco-Friendly Solid Shampoo Bar for Dandruff or Touchy Scalps, Heali Kiwi 3.88 oz

Ethique Eco-Friendly Solid Shampoo Bar for Dandruff or Touchy Scalps, Heali Kiwi 3.88 oz

2018 is the year of less plastic for me. So o started with items in my bathroom and have been struggling hard to take the leap on a shampoo bar but I’m SO glad I did with this. I’ll probably still use some conditioner (yes I’m working on that too) because the salt can be a tad drying on the length of my hair but I’m so happy it didn’t make it super oily like other natural products I’ve done. I have highlighted, a bit frizzy, fine, almost straight but wavy puffy hair and this stuff didn’t dry it out, didn’t weigh it down, didn’t leave my roots oily (THANK THE SHAMPOO GODS) nor did I have to use a ton of it! It lathers so well that it’s like using a quality shampoo. I now have a ton of their other products in my cart waiting to be purchased for the fam!

I love this shampoo. I have coarse naturally curly hair and it controlled my frizz! I washed it on a Tuesday and didn’t rewash it again until Saturday and had no frizz! My hair felt light and clean. I just ordered the conditioner bar to go with the shampoo

I was in the market for a shampoo bar to combat dandruff so that I could switch to something natural, vegan, and good for the environment. So I did my research and found the Heali Kiwi bar by Ethique and I am so glad that I did. I've been using Head & Shoulders for years but it left me with lingering itchiness, dry patches on my scalp, and frizzy hair. This shampoo bar has been a godsend that has combated all of those problems! I was skeptical at first, but I noticed a difference with my first use. It smells amazing, lathers well, and my scalp feels healthy and normal for the first time in years.

I love it so far. My hair is thinning on top...a bummer for a woman. This product is the first one I've tried that actually makes my hair appear thicker. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the title says "Sweet and Spicy" and there is virtually zero fragrance. I was looking forward to smelling orange, ginger, and cinnamon. But it totally does add volume to my hair.

I’m trying to be a little more environmentally conscious, and this is the second brand of shampoo bar that I’ve tried. I did not have high expectations, because the shampoo bar I was using before left my hair feeling dry and lifeless. However, I am absolutely thrilled with Ethique’s Spice shampoo bar. Just 3-4 swipes from the roots to ends (& I have short hair) and it lathers better than any traditional shampoo I’ve used in a long time. My hair is left feeling very clean, fast, and it doesn’t dry it out! Even though it is a little on the expensive side, it is worth every penny. Anyone who is new to using shampoo bars should know that it is important to have a container to keep the bars dry. If let in the shower, it will melt! Previously, I used a travel soap container, but I could not leave the other shampoo bar in the shoer even in an enclosed container. However, Ethique’s container is a perfect solution as it allows water to drip from the bottom, thus keeping the bars dry. Plus, I can feel good about using an environmentally conscious product that isn’t tested on animals!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The Heali Kiwi! Specifically for those who suffer from scalp problems, this bar is chock full of Kiwifruit Oil, Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, Oats, Calendula and Manuka Oil.
  • 100% soap free, pH balanced and safe for colour treated hair
  • Contains neem and karanja oils to help combat dandruff
  • Equivalent to 3 bottles of liquid shampoo
  • Cruelty-Free, Eco-Friendly, TSA Friendly, Compostable

Description

Great for dandruff sufferers, people with psoriasis or most other scalp problems. Will calm irritated scalps, prevent flakiness and kill the microbes that can cause problems.



These shampoo bars are amazing. This is my second one. For people who are saying their bars melted or didn't last a long time: it is important to keep the bar in a dry place when you aren't using it and allow it to dry completely. If it stays wet it will dissolve quickly.

I purchased Frizz Wrangler and it has a coconut smell to it, lightly scented, as foams very nicely. I absolutely love this brand. I've tried JR Liggetts, Grandma's, and lush with horrible results with each. I also tried more natural liquid shampoos such as Shea Moisture and Acure. So far this is my favorite. Every other brand left my shoulder length, fine hair very stiff and nasty feeling. It looked and felt dirty even with an acv rinse. I have also tried it on my son's hair ( pretty short but long enough to comb) with good success. I love that there is no plastic, it's easy to travel with, and my whole family can share a bar without multiple things in the shower. I shampoo daily so I'm curious to see how long 1 bar lasts but I am very happy with the value this far. Highly recommend!! Update: so far seems to lady me on average 1.5 to 2 months for daily use for my son and I. I temporarily have been using up a bottle of herbal essences and even after conditioner my hair feels rough and is hard to comb, I can't wait ton finish it as switch back to this. My hair is so much softer with the ethique

I love this shampoo bar!

I've been trying to get into shampoo bars for a while. However, I always feel like my hair is greasy, or that there's some residue--and thus would have to wash my hair everyday. But this Ethique's St. Clements bar, I have found what I've been looking for! This bar advertises that it is made specifically for greasy/oily hair, and that the natural oils in the bar deter oil production. Well, so far the advertising is right! I've been using the bar for about a week and I have been able to go back to my every other day washing routine. I don't even have to use conditioner with this bar. It leaves my hair feeling clean and weightless.

I highly recommend this bar if you've been trying out shampoo bars, but find them too greasy. This one is not! It's perfect for oily heads.

Not that this doesn't have enough positive reviews already, but it's really pretty spectacular. 10/10 would recommend and will be repurchasing.

Reasons why this is the best stuff ever:

IT WORKS. Which....enough said right? I've got thin, frizzy/wavy hair. It's bleach damaged and dyed over on the bottom, but oily on the top. I usually wash every other or every third day. The stuff I was using before was something my hairdresser scared me into purchasing after she did what she could for my ends. It set me back 70$ for shampoo and conditioner, which was obscene, and I still needed multiple after-shower products to get my hair to act right. Before trying these bars I felt like those were just going to be the consequences of having damaged my ends so badly, but I decided I really wanted to try a different product because, yikes.

I've used the San Clemente shampoo and the Guardian conditioner for the last 3-4 months. I'm not going to say I have a whole new head of hair or it's magically thicker or anything like that, but it does look shiny and healthy. It dries wavy/curly like it's supposed to and not in the tortured part straight/part frizz/part curly beast nonsense it was doing with the other products. I don't have to put two after-shower oils into it to be able to brush it. Bottom line, this stuff works well at a price I'm willing to pay. But it's got a bunch of other cool stuff going for it too:

Additional Reasons Ethique is the Greatest:

- It lasts FOREVER. For real. I'm well past the 3 month mark and maybe about halfway through? I thought the three bottle thing was a massive exaggeration, especially after seeing the size of these bars, but it's really holding true for me. I sit it on the ledge in front of the window in my bathroom in a little silicone soap tray I got from WalMart for like 3 bucks that lets the bottom dry out, and that’s enough to keep it from melting.

- It's natural and biodegradable- you can collect your grey water and use it in the garden. You can go camping and not feel guilty about washing your hair (not in a water source, folks). Packaging is 100 percent compostable. It's palm oil free and they try to get their ingredients from companies who treat their employees reasonably and use resources sustainably. They’re great.
-Literally, the only green issue I've got is that there's obviously a significant carbon footprint associated with shipping it
to me, but if I only have to order it twice a year (or once, if I stockpile?) I feel like it probably evens out? I'm not losing much sleep over it.

- Super transportable. I can throw this in my duffle bag for the weekend. I can take this on a carry-on no problem. It takes up almost no space and represents months worth of cleanliness. Which is freaking fantastic, because I'm a college student and we're kind of migratory by nature.

- SLS Free! Silicone Free! PH Balanced! My hair is frizzy. It's chemically damaged on the ends. It's thin. And the dye on my ends is hiding a lot of sins. I cannot afford to be messing around with these other bar shampoos made out of soap that are all really alkaline. Dito for the whole baking soda method. Or the ones from LUSH masquerading as good things that are secretly out to destroy you and strip all color from your hair. Or the drugstore shampoos that promise silkiness only because they’re piling the plastics on.

It’s a good shampoo full of good stuff that smells nice and is nice to your hair. Go for it. It won’t work miracles, but It does the job it’s supposed to do really well.

This product has blown my mind. I have thick, frizzy hair that I only wash once a week, so finding something that cleans it well while not stripping all of the oils is really challenging. This shampoo bar has not only lessened the progressive oiliness of my hair throughout the week but has also tamed some of my stubborn flyaways. My hair is damaged from color treatment, and this shampoo is gentle enough that it doesn't dry out my fried ends, but also doesn't weigh my hair down with moisture.

I was SHOCKED at how well it foamed up! I rubbed it in a little more than the directions suggest to because I have thick hair, but once I worked it in and started rubbing it around, it foamed up just like shampoo from the bottle! Plus it smells amazing.

I haven't seen any extra dulling of my dyed hair over the past few weeks, so I would say it's safe on color treated hair. I also have a sensitive, flakey scalp and have noticed that it's less itchy and irritated since using this product. I love it and would highly, highly reccommend!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment