Friday, August 2, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Better Shea Butter Organic Beeswax Pastilles - Yellow, Filtered Pellets Easy to Measure - Use to Make Candles, Lotions, Salves, Balms and Other Recipes - 16 oz

Better Shea Butter Organic Beeswax Pastilles - Yellow, Filtered Pellets Easy to Measure - Use to Make Candles, Lotions, Salves, Balms and Other Recipes - 16 oz

This beeswax DOES have a very smoky smell that does end up in your finished product if you don't use enough fragrance/essential oils. Actually, I'm not sure the smell can be completely covered up. This is why it gets 4 stars. However, don't be put off of ordering it. It's 100% organic beeswax--can't get much better than that! I felt confident in ordering this beeswax that it wouldn't be cut by something else (paraffin from the reviews I've seen of a lot of other beeswaxes), so that is a huge plus. It's excellent beeswax, so buy it if you don't mind the smoky smell/can cover it up very well.

This is the best beeswax I've used ever. It indeed smells like honey. You get what you paid for.

I am woodworker and knife maker, I found it usually a much better deal to get these finishing supplies(e.g. beeswax, etc) from cosmetic suppliers, instead of a woodworking or knife making suppliers. As a comparison, when I bought beeswax from some European knife making website that I like, the price was about $4/oz plus shipping, and it's out of stock all the time. I've been looking for a more reliable substitution of that on Amazon and so happy to find this brand here. This is the first one I've found on Amazon that matches my expectations of beeswax in terms of the smell and quality. Smell is very important to me because I sometimes use it on bare wood(unlike cosmetic stuff), I don't add other things like essential oil, so it won't be bearable if it smells bad.

I mainly use this wax to treat my knife handles and other wood products. I also use this wax to make lip balms for my friends and myself. I highly recommend it to people who are less sensitive to price, and care more about the quality. I'm now pretty much a fan of this brand. So far I've tried a few other products from the same brand, those are all very good.

I would not use this wax making candles simply because it's really a waste of good stuff and also your money. First of all, people most likely add in a lot of essential oil or other scents, any wax would just smell the same while burning. second, the burning process is just converting anything into carbon dioxide, there is little difference the material is gas, paraffin wax or beeswax. I'd better off getting soy wax at the price $3/lb and works just as fine.

And, if the smell of beeswax bothers you, and you don't really need it to be yellow, I'd recommend getting the white ones, which usually come with much lighter scent, and just works fine in many things especially candle making(IMO, better).

After lots of searching and in store smelling I'm happy I chose this beeswax by better shea butter. My in store experiences of smelling different brands was very stale, smoky and almost chemical smelling beeswax. These have a smell, it is mild and not offensive. It did not lend any smell to the lip balm I made, which had no essential oils in it. 1 part beeswax, 1 part cocoa butter and 1 part coconut oil and it was delicious. I will be using for lotion bars and deodorant next. Love this quality organic product. And I paid regular price, no discount for this review.

These pellets have a very light natural scent, and give my lotion staying power that feels wonderful on my skin. This was my first time ever purchasing beeswax, and making my own lotion. I’m extremely happy with Better Shea Butter brand. The pellets arrived just as pictured in a plastic resealable bag.

This is the first time using beeswax.
They were very easy to use and measure.
I live in a warm tropical climate and the pastilles kept their shape.
Did not melt in the bag.Very happy how my deodorant turned out.
Will use at bit more than 3 tablespoons to avoid my deodorant for loosing it shape in the tube through the warm weather.
Will try it with lip balm next. Very happy I can make my own product with these beeswax.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Yellow beeswax pellets, easy to measure
  • Unbleached, not processed
  • Cosmetic grade
  • Use to make: lip, beard and body balm, candles, lotions, body butters
  • Packaged in resealable zip lock pouch

Description

Use this clean, pure, organic beeswax in your home made skin care preparations with confidence. Beeswax Pastilles (also knowns as pellets or pearls) are considerably easier to measure, making it a piece of cake to prepare a small healing salve or face moisturizer quickly. No need to painfully grate beeswax off a hard block, just use as many or as little pastilles as needed in your recipe. BENEFITS: Beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environmental assaults, while also holding in moisture and reducing dryness. Beeswax has antibacterial properties, helping keep skin clean and reducing the risks of contamination in the formula itself. Some ingredients "attract" water, and beeswax is one of them. When you put it on, you attract water molecules, helping to keep skin hydrated over time.Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, beeswax has been found to help encourage the healing of wounds. Unlimited shelf life. This is quite a statement and we have not tested how unlimited shelf life is - however beeswax candles have been found in the tombs of Egyptian rulers dating back to 3000 BC, so buy with confidence and keep your beeswax stored and use it when you need it.



I purchased a different "organic" beeswax on amazon that was cut with something. The final bits took almost an hour to melt in the double boiler because they weren't beeswax. THIS is the real deal. The smell, the feel, the melting point... it's all real and good quality. Best beeswax I've tried.

I've been ordering Better Shea Butter's beeswax (and their shea butter and cocoa butter) for a couple of years nows to make lip balms and other products. It melts very nicely. No odor other than the natural beeswaxy scent.

Recently, I made the mistake of buying another brand of beeswax that was a few dollars less- that was a mistake. It smelled smokey and not in a good way. I should have gone with Better Shea Butter's beeswax again.

I’m making my own hair products and lotion and it’s definitely an essential. Good quality! Will buy again when I run out! (Though it might be awhile)

I really didn't know what to expect when I ordered these since most of my remedies are new to me. But I was so happy to see the quality of the product upon opening and feeling the pastilles. There was no smell (other reviews worried me about that) and the texture I'm able to achieve is wonderful. I will be ordering these again, I have had a lot of great feedback about my lipbalms and salves so I think we have a winner ingredient!

Great stuff! I was concerned about a smoky smell after reading some reviews, but I didn't notice a strong odor, and as soon as I added essential oils to the lip balm I was making it smelled delicious. Melted nicely and re-solidified well after mixing with other ingredients.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment