Monday, June 3, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Grandpa's Pine Tar Shampoo, 8 Fluid Ounce

Grandpa's Pine Tar Shampoo, 8 Fluid Ounce

I read through some of the other reviews before I bought this product back in May, but I don't think there were as many as there are now. I've also read where a lot of reviewers don't like the smell and claim that it does not work for them. To each his own. While the jury is still out on the fragrance of this shampoo, I'd put my results against anyone else who claims it didn't work.

I've tried a lot of shampoos and for a long time I was a fan of products that contain coal tar solution. I never had any luck with products where the active ingredient was selenium sulfide, pyrithione zinc or anything other than coal tar solution. I've tried them all. And then a few years ago the brands that I liked to use stopped using coal tar solution as the active ingredient and claimed a "new improved formula" - none of them worked for me. I ran out of what I was using because I couldn't find anything with coal tar other than T-Gel. And T-Gel worked in that it helped "control" my psoriasis and reduce plaques, but it never made my scalp healthy and its fragrance was nothing to brag about either. So I starting using a left over bottle of baby shampoo just to wash my hair until I could find something that worked. It was by accident using the baby shampoo that I realized my skin was sensitive to the surfactants used in mainstream brands. This is one of the reasons that baby shampoo is tear free - it has less harsh ingredients. My symptoms were reduced, but it still didn't get rid of the flaking and plaques I had on my scalp. I was further convinced that using a different shampoo formula was part of my problem when I stayed at a hotel and used the complimentary shampoo. Whatever cheap, harsh chemicals were in hotel shampoo caused my scalp to get worse in just one or two days of use.

I found a shampoo at a natural foods retailer that was free of the harsh chemicals. I like the smell of it and it was supposed to assist with scalp health, but it still didn't eliminate the plaques. I then tried Grandpa's bar soap because this retails stopped carrying the shampoo. The bar soap helped, but it had a strong, funky smell. I put the bar inside a travel soap holder because it was so fragrant. I finally ordered Grandpa's shampoo from Amazon in May and have used it daily since. My scalp has never been healthier. I have no sores, no plaques, and no flakes. It is, by far, the best shampoo I've ever used to control my psoriasis. It does have a funky smell, and my wife is not fond of it, but I don't think the smell is as strong as Grandpa's bar soap. I am almost out of this first bottle, so I'm going to order it again with my next Amazon order and will order two bottles so that I'll always have a backup.

I use this on my dog that has skin sensitivities. Works great, especially when he has dry, itchy skin!! Also, has a light 'pine' fragrance which makes him smell like we've just returned from a walk in the woods. :) Highly recommend!

This stuff is great, the fragrance I wish was a little less strong though. A little bit goes a long way. I have psoriasis, so dry/scaly scalp is the norm for me. I use this shampoo, with the conditioner, for a week every few months. Gets rid of all dry skin, and makes the hair still manageable. The cooling sensation, is one of the things I like the most, kinda like you know its working if you feel it. I recommend this to all my friends, and people I meet at my dermatologist that have any kind of skin issues like I do.

Recommended to me by my Dermatologist to wash my hands and elbows. I have psorasis. It helped greatly especially when the season changed from Summer to Fall and all the humidity left. I just hope my hands don't get used to it and it no longer helps me

So I got this because I have rather severe seborrhea dermatitis on my scalp- aka oily itchy extremely flaky crusty scalp. Pretty gross, and my issues get worse in the summer. Well I'd been using t-gel, but I really can't stand the smell of it. The tgel worked really better than anything else ever, including this shampoo. But it smelled really bad and I couldn't really use it everyday because it's so harsh.

This shampoo does not work as well as the tgel, but I can use it everyday and I rather like the smell of it. I also use the grandpa pine tar conditioner. It leaves my hair much nicer than the tgel. Over all my hair is not as oily as with regular shampoos. With regular shampoo my hair is a gnarsty oil pit within about 12 hours. With this it's like... normal. The itching is much reduced and the flaking is much reduced, although not gone entirely. I have to use it everyday, if I don't my scalp gets all irritated and goes right back to being gross. Over all I'm happy because it's a happy medium.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cleanses hair of impurities with natural essential fatty oils leaving your hair dapper clean, soft and manageable
  • Moisturizes your scalp with our earthy ingredients
  • Certified NO Gluten, Recyclable Packaging, Environmentally Responsible, purchase for yourself or begrudgingly give it to someone else for a selfless act of kindness
  • Gentle enough for daily use, a Shampoo with NO: Phthalates, Sulfates, Edta, Animal By-Products, Artificial Fragrance and Colorante

Description

Grandpa's products have been a trusted favorite for generations. Enriched with vegetable pine tar oil, the shampoo and conditioner help. These unique ingredients moisturize your hair leaving it soft and manageable. Hardworking, pure and simple ingredients are the heart of our natural soap making traditions. The Grandpa Soap Company has been family owned and operated since 1936. For over 130 years, we have sourced the highest quality and most natural ingredients without compromising their value. We find joy in sharing the love of great soaps with you and yours.



I have used Grandpa's Pine Tar Shampoo for years. Had to stop using for about 6 month due to availability. I suffer from scaly flaky scalp and it got worse after having stopped use. Have purchased again and i not do not have the intense itch and flaking. The fragrance is good and lathers well. I use it everyday with no problems. I highly recommend for anyone who has dry, flaking, crusting scalp skin.

I have oily skin and hair and a somewhat itchy scalp. I have not been diagnosed with any scalp condition. This seems to help as the ingredients apparently changed the microenvironment on my scalp because of the anti-bacteria, anti-virus, and anti-fungus properties of pine tar. You can and should use a more smaller portion that you might be using with normal shampoo, so I expect 8 ounces will go a lot further than I expected before I tried it.

I love this stuff. It's all I've used for years and will continue to use for a long time. But after my most recent order, I think the fulfillment center should maybe look into a new way to pack this product.

Not the best smelling but helps to aliviate psoriasis, dark tar like color not thick. One of the better shampoo's on the market. Fast shipping, easy order through Amazon.

Use this all the time. It does really stink but it helps with my psoriasis. The smell goes away especially if I use a hair mask after shampooing. I will always keep this on hand.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment