Saturday, January 4, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

The Blades Grim - Pre-Shave Oil, Handmade in The USA (Cinder, 1oz)

The Blades Grim - Pre-Shave Oil, Handmade in The USA (Cinder, 1oz)

I was unsure of how much this oil would help but the reviews were largely positive so I went and gave this a try. I must say I came away very impressed by the change in shaving performance on both my neck and head (primary shaving areas).
I massaged the oil in on the neck and head and then started shaving neck first (3 passes, 1 down 1 across 1 against, with a feather DE razor with feather blades) it was noticeably more comfortable and I had less irritation and nicks.
The head was also noticeably more comfortable but I felt it might have been better to wait to put the oil on the head prior to shaving the head vs putting it on with the neck area and then shaving the neck first. I felt that it had absorbed too much and will try it in different order next time.
On the scent it was nice and subtle. I took a shower after and put on aftershave balm and did not notice any smell from the oil so for me that was a positive. I have sensitive skin and had also no issue with the oil itself. would highly recommend this especially if trying out shaving oils. i am very happy with it. great product.

This shave oil is absolutely amazing. I have a thick beard and sensitive skin. I have tried TAOS, taconic and lather and wood oils. So far this is the least sticky, does not gum up my double edge razor, and provides one of the best shaves I've had!

The scent is not overbearing, and is about what you would expect from something called "cinder."

My only real complaint is that the bottle has a plastic "stopper" with a hole so you need to shake out the oil out. It provides 1-2drops at a time but I have a feeling this will be a problem at the end of the bottle. An open mouth or pump style container would be better. Though imo this is very minor.

Really enhanced the feel of my shave! Used it for my safety razor and straight razor. Just wish it lasted a little longer.

Good product overall, only complaint is that it's "not as slick" as I'd like it. It coats your scruff and makes it softer, but the razor doesn't exactly glide off your face.

Really like this oil - subtle & interesting fragrance - really smooths the shave out.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ✔️ Lifts Hair - Proving a close smooth shave
  • ✔️ Hydrates Skin - Helping to reduce the itch and irritation of shaving
  • ✔️ All Natural - No harsh chemicals and gentle on your face
  • ✔️ Drip top bottle - easily extract the exact amount of Aftershave you want
  • ✔️ American Made - Supports the U.S. economy wall promoting fair Labor & product quality standards.

Description

Pre-Shave Oil is an essential step prior to shaving.

With the Blades Grim Pre-Shave enjoy a luxurious and comfortable shave with our Blades Grim Cinder Pre-Shave Oil.

This Pre-Shave Oil will help lift and soften your stubble/hair giving you a nice smooth shave while our specially crafted oil also treats your skin. This is the measure of a great pre-shave oil (how well it cares for your skin as well).

The scent is our much loved Cinder.

It is a Dark Tangy mix of:

  • Bergamot
  • Lemon
  • Fir
  • Geranium
with a hint of:

  • Wood
  • Leather
  • Musk



Smells great. Feels great.

This is the perfect pre-shave, once you use doble edge, I can't tell with the barbers blade. The experience is exilarting almost 0 irritation and cuts, a shave bloodless ... No need of crosses or garlic.... In the rite of shaving a must!!

I do have to say I agree with the comments here and elsewhere regarding the fragrance being particularly faint with this oil.
That said, the viscosity of it is quite a bit thinner than the AOS and feels like it penetrates in to condition your beard and face much better that the AOS that set up on top (at least for me) and doesn't seem to affect the lather of cream on top either.
If you want a fragrance I'd try the Smolder scent (I may give it a go next time around), but if you'd prefer little to no scent depending on your olfactory disposition and a lighter pre shave oil than most of what's out there this may be your huckleberry.

This is an absolutely great shaving oil. I did expect more aroma though. This is not nearly as strong of an aroma as "Smolder" by the same company. But if you don't like a strong aroma in your pre shave oil, I'd recommend this!

I have very sensitive skin. and have tried several pre-shave oils in the past. What I love about this stuff is that it has just the right amount of slick and does not stink. Nothing worse than having my face smell like a candle shop.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment