Friday, January 3, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit, Vacuum Beard Trimmer, Hair Clippers for Men (18 pieces)

Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit, Vacuum Beard Trimmer, Hair Clippers for Men (18 pieces)

 UPDATE 2 - a year later - still great. No problem with the battery (I charge it very rarely), the blades cut great (a do a drop of oil every now and then), vacuum is great.

UPDATE: a few months later - I've been getting a haircut with this every other week. I don't even remember when we charged it last time. it is indeed very good. And the vacuum is really an addition that saves time. Literally no cleaning afterwards.
- great cutting power
- whoever thought to include the vacuum deserves a statue!
- a number 5 on top and 3 on the sides and back lasts 12 minutes
- no problems whatsoever with the battery
Should anything change, I'll be back with a review

This is an amazing device.
What I like: Long battery life. Holds charge at least a week. Vacuum is amazingly useful and it works! It indicated with a solid blue led that the charge is completed.
You can live the wall transformer unattended but it's best to unplug after the charge is completed.
Now you will always have some scattered hair clippings falling from the cutter but it is much less messy then a cutter without a vacuum.

What I don't like: Guide combs are VERY fragile. God forbid you drop a loose guide comb from 4 foot down on ceramic tiles, they are guaranteed to break especially tine slim ones like the 3mm one. Mine did! I had to order just 2 more. The guide combs are not fitted best. Be careful so they don't fall as you perform difficult maneuvers on your hat. I wish they were a very tight fit.
The plastic parts are also fragile and the comb is unusually fits big and kind of heavy in my hand and due to oval shape can inadvertently slip out of your fingers while you are cutting your own hair like I do all the time. If it falls guaranteed to crack open. Make sure you don't tear the vacuum canister with anything sharp while cleaning.
Overall a great value and I only use the 3mm 1/8" guide comb.

This is the best personal self cutting haircut clippers I have ever had. The vacuum works perfectly and I can cut my hair flawlessly in front of my bathroom mirror without getting hair all over the place. When I finish my haircut, I push a button to release the vacuum plastic hair holding piece and dump the cut hair into the trash can.

What I like about this clipper:
The vacuum actually works great eliminating any sweeping or cleanup!
Left and Right ear tapering comb attachments included!
A nice selection of comb attachment sizes from very tight all the way to 1" so I don't have to by additional attachments to keep my hair longer on top and shorter on the sides!
To my surprise the vacuum works surprisingly well! At first, when shopping for a clipper, I dismissed this model thinking the vacuum was sort of a gimmick and not believing it could possibly be strong enough to collect all the hair clippings, so I instead I purchased a skull beast clipper because it looked cool and the advertisement implies that the unique shape is better for a man to give himself a haircut. Another important reasons for choosing it was because it advertises that it comes with left & right taper combs. To my disappointment, unlike this clipper, the beast is misrepresented and it does not come with the tapering combs as stated in the description and shown on its page. Also, the longest comb attachment for the beast is only 12mm... too short for my top. I returned it and took a chance on this clipper mainly because it comes with the tapering combs and a range of longer attachments. In the end I feel like I really lucked out and couldn't be happier! This is a much better clipper set with no cleanup, whereas with the other one I would have had a mess to clean up afterwards. I just cut my hair with clipper and there was absolutely zero clean up other than emptying the hair collection bin and brushing off the clippers. I didn't have to get out the broom. No hairs on the floor or the sink. Pretty amazing. I was really not expecting the vac to work as good as it did. Turns out the funky shape of the beast clipper is the gimmick and the vacuum feature of this clipper is a fantastic idea, very functional and not at all a gimmick.
I have short straight fairly fine textured hair and I think if I cut it with this clipper weekly or every few weeks, the vacuum will continue eliminating the mess normally associated with hair cutting, and that is a huge plus! I used the tapering combs around the ears, #3 comb on the sides and back, and the #7 comb on the top.

Impulse buy that worked out great!
Cutting hair feels like less of a chore with no cords to fight and vacuum makes cleanup super easy. My hair is generally kept pretty short, so I can't speak to cutting longer hair.
I'd estimate it collects about 90% of my hair clippings, that used to end up on my bathroom floor. Battery life is very good!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cutting length: 9 fixed combs (1.5-25mm)
  • Titanium-Coated Blades - The expertly ground blade edges provide the ultimate haircut experience as they cut through even the thickest hair with ease
  • 18-Piece Kit - The all-inclusive kit has everything you need for a proper haircut: length-adjusting and tapering combs, barber scissors, blade oil, and more
  • Lithium Power - The advanced chemistry of lithium power provides up to 60 minutes of runtime after a 4-hour charge. The clipper operates cordless or corded, XXL Vacuum Bin - The powerful vacuum ensures trimmed hair is captured in the expanded bin for easy disposal
  • Easy to Clean - Use the included brush to clear away hair, then rinse the blades under running water for quick cleanup, Storage Pouch - Keep the kit in one place with a convenient zip-up storage pouch

Description

Haircuts at home without the messy cleanup! The Remington Lithium Power Series Vacuum Haircut Kit combines our best technology into one clipper. The lithium ion battery provides consistent power to titanium-coated blades and to the powerful vacuum that keeps trimmed hair off your floor. The kit includes length-adjusting combs, barber scissors, and tapering combs to put the finishing touches on personalized haircuts. Plus, a cleaning brush and blade oil keep the clipper working at top performance through every haircut. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.



If you intend to cut you own hair look no farther!! Long story short...I've been using vacuum hair cutters since 1991 starting with the "Robocut" system which has worked extremely well for us. 2018 Amazon had a deal on the Remington HC6550 kit and decided to "take" it. My Robocut was getting old and the blades were not as sharp so the cuts were harder to keep even. My Robocut has sat in it's case after using the Remington system.
Pros: Super easy to use. It's "built in vacuum" draws most of the stray hair (not all) Comes with lots of different blade lengths. Rechargeable and storage is a breeze.
Cons: There's the "on board" hair compartment so you'll need to dump it out frequently during cuts. It's hardly been a "con". The Robocut needs an vacuum cleaner attached to it so there's an unlimited amount of hair you can cut with this system.
I've been using the Remington for 6 months and intend to use it until it breaks at which point I hope to be able to order another one.

So this is just a short term review so I can't comment on durability etc.. I got this for the vacuum function and it worked pretty well for that. My hair was much longer than normal when I cut it (3+ inches) and I had to empty the thing a bunch as I went but it did a very decent job of keeping hair off the floor. With shorter hair and just trimming it up it works very well. I had been using a 20 year old pair of clippers that using this was a night and day experience. Nice and sharp and powered through my hair with ease where the old ones were struggling.
The only downside is that my old ones had guards that allowed for up to at least 2 inch hair length when cut. These had the longest cut of anything available and still were only an inch or inch and a half or so. I was pretty shocked looking at modern clippers and how none of them have the larger guards available for a longer cut. Actually when thinking on it that was probably my other main reason getting this particular clipper.

Wanted to be more self-sufficient, so I wanted to learn to cut my own hair. This thing was 60 at the time I got it. The vacuum makes cutting a lot cleaner. The vacuum isn't perfect (the hole is tiny as compared to how much hair is on a guy's head, no duh), but it works very well. It doesn't even drain the battery when you use it. I charged this thing only once and I've used it like 4 times and even let my room-mate borrow it for his beard. We both liked it.

I usually pay $15 per haircut, plus tips. So I ended up saving over $90 with this. It really pays for itself.

I’ve been cutting my own hair for several years with clippers. I always used corded clippers in the shower with a handheld mirror hanging on the wall. I thought I would try vacuum clippers because the reviews were pretty good. I debated over the corded or cordless. I decided to try these cordless.

My first impression when I opened the box was that these are quality clippers. The vacuum is not very loud. The suction was of OK strength. The corded clippers might have a stronger suction, but I don’t know. It could be stronger. I tried cutting my hair and I found that a lot of fine pieces were falling onto my shoulders. It was more than I was expecting. I must say that cutting without a cord is much easier. I cut my hair in the master bathroom with a tile floor. After cutting, I simply vacuumed the floor. When I emptied the chamber, I was surprised at how much hair was in there. Even though there was a lot of hair on my shoulders, I guess the vacuum really did suck up 98-99% of the hair.

Overall I am very pleased. I will continue cutting my hair in the shower with my little mirror so I won’t have to vacuum the floor. The little bit that does not get vacuumed up will simply wash down the drain. It is so little that it won’t create any problems.

The only issue I had with this razor was the hair that got out. You still need to take off your shirt when cutting your hair. Sadly mine completely stopped working, but I think that is more rare. They jumped on it right away and had it taken care of. The product its self is one of the best I have seen on the market for what it does. The noise doesn't bother me at all and it does a good good!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment