Thursday, January 9, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Remington HC-80 Precision 22 Piece Corded Haircut Kit

Remington HC-80 Precision 22 Piece Corded Haircut Kit

Works really well for me. Me wife cuts my hair every two weeks with it. I liked this model as it does not need oil to use. It's the only one that I could find that does not need oil. I had (still have) the same model razor previously and the only hair guide out of the bunch that came with it that I use broke. I would have given this 5 stars if Remington sold the hair guides separately because I know that unless we are very careful with it this guide will break too. I compared the guides from my original razor and the now one and they are exactly the same. If this one breaks I will not get a Remington brand razor next time.

I saw most negative reviews seem to address the poor quality attachments.

Guides breaking: While this makes sense if you force everything onto the main cutter blade and expect the guide to be perfect for the way you use the trimmer, really it makes little sense. Forcing plastic onto metal will never be something you should do. I have used mine for over a year now and still have yet to break or even come close to breaking a length guide. So next time you snap on a guide think what happens if you dropped a wine glass in the sink every time you were done with it. Sure the first time it may be fine, even the second, third, forth and fifth but it eventually breaks so prevent the problem from the start.

Hair Cut Time: Think about how long the barber or stylist takes to cut your hair properly if you are a guy, 15-20 minutes --not including travel time there and back. So why does anyone think it will take you less time doing it yourself when you are using mirrors?

Tips for users:

Guides can break when you force them on so don't force them when they can be snapped on with slight pressure and removed with light pressure by the tab opposite the guide teeth.

Take your time and relax a bit when cutting your hair versus rushing...well unless you like ripping your hair out. Do scissors cut any faster when you drag them through paper, no, they tear what you are cutting.

Don't expect a 5 minute hair cut. Does your barber cut it that quickly? Then why should you?

Get a hand mirror. The floxite hand mirror I purchased to see the back of my head seems much easier than the other two I tried. See my other review of that item if you can't find one by searching.

Also when you first get used to cutting your own hair trim only part of the hair length off, this allows for trying it out and will let you fix it in case you screw up a little on the length somewhere.

In the end it's all about the time and effort you spend. You will be reasonably happy with your final haircut if you just take you time and read the directions first on how to give yourself a haircut from the enclosed brochure.

Update: 9/30/12 Still no problems with this product at all.

You can't beat the price. I have owned this product before & it was accidentally thrown out while cleaning. So buying this product was an easy decision to make. Even if it only worked a few times (Works way more then that, if taken care of) it pays for itself in savings the first time you use it. A cheap good men's hair cut will run you $10-$15 & that is before the tip. I paid $12.99 & since I have Amazon Prime. I got two day S/H for free. So I already saved money buying this item. You can't beat that. I have used it more then a couple times with no problems at all. Just make sure to use lubricating oil before & after each use. Unfortunately, you don't get any oil with it. That might be the reason some people complain of the blades going dull so quickly. It is also why it didn't get the 5th star. So my advice is to buy some lubricating oil with this product. There is some really cheap oil on amazon that works just great.

As far as the brittle combs. I haven't had a problem with them. Of course I read these reviews before I bought it. So I was very careful attaching them, when I used them. If you want a cheap hair cutter that works. This will do the job for you. If the comb breaks there is always super glue. Just take care of it & it should do fine. I don't understand all the complaining for the price. I mean it is the cheapest hair cutter on here. You get what you pay for & I think this gives your money's worth. If these clippers were $30 pr $40. I could understand the complaining, but it was 13 bucks.

If you really want a good quality hair clipper buy oster. Be ready to spend $50 just for a oster clippers alone. If you want a kit with everything in it. Be ready to easily spend $100+. If you want all the accessories. That will set you back a good amount of money.

Like I said, the only thing I really didn't like was that it didn't come with its own lubricating oil, which is really needed in my honest opinion. You can easily buy some cheap lubricating oil on amazon. The extra cost is worth it & will prolong the life of the product. My advice is get it & take good care of it. You can't beat the price. If you get it & it doesn't work right. Call amazon & try getting a replacement or your money back. Amazon has some of the best customer service I have ever come across. It is one reason I paid the $79 a year for amazon prime. I buy off here enough that I have already saved money by just buying prime items. Plus if I really want the product fast. I can just pay $3.99 extra & get the item the next day. Otherwise, I can just wait an extra day & get S/H free. I hope this review helps you make a informed decision.

Great product! Does what it's supposed to and has held up pretty good. I would buy it again.

A friend of mine who has always cut/clipped his own hair recently had his very aged Remington clippers die, mid-clip. (I wish you could have seen him!)

He wanted some as close as possible to the old ones and chose these this model from the photo.

When they arrived he tried them, removing a small patch of tummy hair! He pronounced them great and will use them on his head when the time comes.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 22 piece kit features lube-for-life stainless steel blades
  • Ergonomic design for better control with a powerful motor with 7,200 cuts per minute
  • Has reduced vibration and provides professional quality results

Description

Update later



Same model number but different styles.,

Works well

My old set finally bit the dust.....well, the add on pieces did anyway. Sometimes I will use these to trim my stomach or balls and never have gotten my scrotum caught. Lucky? Or talent. Good set.

Fast shipping, new packaging. This is being given as a gift to our adopted family at work. Very good price. Thank you

I love the Remington line of clippers. But this one tugged a little. Not as smooth as previous clippers I have bought of the same brand.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment