Friday, January 3, 2020

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Honest Amish Original Beard Wax - Made from Natural and Organic Ingredients

Honest Amish Original Beard Wax - Made from Natural and Organic Ingredients

I was not sure about what to get with all of these facial hair products, so I ended up getting this Amish beard wax along with the Amish beard balm. The wax is basically the next level of hold above the beard balm. I don't have a crazy big beard so I probably could get away without using this, but it is very helpful with keeping hairs organized. Sometimes a balm doesn't have enough hold, so a wax is what you'll need for that extra help. I chose this for the simple ingredients and the basic presentation.

If you have shorter facial hair, an inch or less, then you probably don't need to use this wax and would be fine using a balm. If you have anything longer, really crazy hairs, or want some cool facial hair styling, then definitely consider picking up a tin. It'll last a decent amount of time and help keep everything neat. The wax comes in a tin, about the size of the palm of your hand. The wax hardens up in colder temperatures, so I just scrap some out using the back of my fingernail, rub it between my fingers, then apply.

I'm fairly new to growing a longer beard and quickly discovered that facial hair doesn't just lie down on its own. Sometimes you'll get those stubborn hairs that go wherever they want and make you look like a wild man. If that's not the look you're after, this product is for you.

I've got to say that I was recommended this product buy a few friends who are long time users. I'm glad I was, because now I don't have to waste time and money looking for something that works. This is it!

The packaging recommends applying while the beard is damp, and this stuff works noticeably better when applied that way. You can definitely use it with a dry beard too, but it spreads out more evenly and disappears into the hair more easily when used just after showering or washing your face/beard.

The hold this provides is strong enough to do every day hair taming or the wildest of beard/mustache styling. It's also very easy to readjust your beard later in the day with a quick hand smoothing or brushing if you've done something to mess up your styling.

I'll be trying other Honest Amish products for sure.

I have purchased this beard wax a number of times. It is the only thing I have used made specifically for beards. It tames the beard and gives it some shape, without any stiffness. My beard is pretty full with a fair amount of length these days. It is better then using hair gel, or olive oil or coconut oil which I have tried at times. I know there are oils and balms, which I might eventually try, but I really don't want anything oily or greasy. Also the fragrance of this is tolerable. I have gotten use to it and even kind of like it. The price is economical and one tin lasts for a good number of months. I like that it is made from beeswax.

I'm new to the longer facial hair growers' club, having recently explored growing out my goatee after taking a week-long camping trip 2 months ago. No recommendations going in, so I went shopping blind & bought this product. Wasn't sure at first how much product to use, so I had to experiment. My beard grows a little unruly, with some follicles pointing in various directions, whose hairs are... crooked? Left unchecked, it kind of looks like a mashed brush vacuum attachment. Maybe that's most guys, I don't know. I just kind of wanted a growing-straight-down, orderly-looking beard.

Pros: I like the scent. I like that it uses all-natural, eco-friendly ingredients, and that they've been at it for quite some time. Can't beat time-tested. Cute logo. (I've never heard of them until shopping around.)

Cons: It's wax, and wax can be messy. Sticks to fingers and combs & brushes; requires repeated washing & rinsing to get the stickiness out. (Don't use dry paper towels, you'll just have lint + wax instead of just wax.) Bought a sandalwood beard comb (not cheap BTW) and have to wrap it in a hanky to keep with me. Residue can be felt on bare facial skin next to mustache & beard. Not much in the way of instructions included, but I guess that's what YouTube instructional videos are for. Turns out I have to use quite a lot of product and apply multiple times with a beard brush (also not cheap). And still, it seems no matter how much I use, there are still a few hairs that WON'T LIE DOWN, especially at the sides of my mouth. Alas. Maybe I just need to trim it. But at least now I have kind of a routine going.

Little anecdote. I go to Renaissance Faires a lot, and this is the first year I've gone with facial hair this long. Went as a pirate to one this summer. Styled my mustache with an upward curve and my beard to a point. Received a compliment when I had my picture taken with a gorgeous she-elf.

tl;dr- If you have a relatively "tameable" beard, this should work. If they made/make a stronger version of this I'd be very interested.

This is a very nice light wax, I use this this for everyday use. From what I’ve experienced so far it’s not a heavy “shaping” wax. I like it because it’s quick for rushed mornings where you just need to get the job done and get to work! It’s smell is pleasant, I don’t like waxes that smell like pine or the great outdoors, I don’t need that up in my nose all day. This one is light and pleasant
My trick on most waxes is to heat it with a blow dryer prior to application, this wax you don’t need to do that. Just backward scrape with your finger nails and you’re good to go


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Hand Crafted in the USA
  • Beard Control, Light Shaping, Rogue Hair Control
  • All Natural and Organic Ingredients
  • Softens and Conditions, Tames Unruly Beard Hairs
  • The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World

Description

This is the one that started it all, the oldest beard wax recipe in the world. Blended with locally harvested beeswax and a host of organic oils and butters to give your beard a nice shine, control, and condition while helping to eliminate the crazy rogue beard hairs that seem to have a mind of their own. Our original recipe will leave your beard with a light natural masculine scent, have you looking good all day, and your girl will be smiling and swooning in awe at your majestic whiskers. Needless to say, we know beards. Long before the current beard trend, way back before the 60's and 70's, and long before the 20th or 19th century for that matter...beards have been an integral part of Amish culture. The care for these beards have been passed through generations of men. Honest Amish Beard Waxes are blended from premium organic oils, fruit and nut butters, essential oils, botanical additives, and locally harvested beeswax. These recipes were created centuries ago to help maintain, care, and control growing beards while protecting and conditioning the hair follicles. All natural with none of the bad stuff and packaged in burlap and a 100 percent recyclable 2 ounce tin that is fully biodegradable and will not leach like a plastic container. Made here in the U.S. by hand for an honest wage. "If you re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please return it for a full refund."



I'm into my second tin now, and am satisfied with the conditioning treatment it gives my long, coarse beard. The control of long rogue hairs is not as good as I wish it was. Application of the wax is not very easy as it's thick and requires some vigorous rubbing to get it malleable. There is a tendency for small balls to form while you're rubbing, and those little buggers just don't want to break down. This all takes a while too, so don't be in a hurry. It once came in a nice burlap bag with a tie string, but now is in a plain old cardboard box. I do like the smell and so does my wife. There may be a better wax out there but I'm ending my search here. The natural ingredients are a plus for me.

Have a wirey 2 inch long beard now, it holds it down all day for me, it's not greasy, doesn't really work for holding down and shaping the moustache. It comes in a small can. I rub my hands up to warm them, then use my beard comb (because its pretty hard to scoop https://www.amazon.com/4Klawz-Beard-Comb-Mustache-Sideburns/dp/B01G6JT658/ref=sr_1_34_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1491396693&sr=1-34&keywords=beard+comb ) to scoop out about the size of a nickel, rub it in my hands until it melts then smooth and comb it in my beard. It washes out with warm water, I try to avoid soaping my beard. I am going to try the extra grit and see if that works better.

I was concerned about the smell but overall not bad. Imagine a mix of peanuts and vaseline and aftershave - but in a good way. The ladies in my life have approved. I read the reviews of wax vs balm, and my take is if you are under 1 inch off the chin and live in the big city you might stick with the balm. If your beard picks fights with other beards, go with the wax.

Having only recently decided on a full beard, I can't say that I have much experience with beard products. But I like this stuff.
It's not for styling your beard. If you are looking to make some kind of statement, then this isn't the product for you. What this DOES do is condition and moisturize your beard and help tame some of those hairs that like to stick out and do their own thing. It goes on easy and the excess can be rubbed into your face or hands. I recommend using a regular hair comb after applying or just your hands.
It has a clean, subtle smell and washes out easily at the end of the day. And I haven't had a problem with it getting on my hands overmuch during the day.
Being new to beard products, I can't compare it to anything, but I will be sticking to this because it does exactly what I need of my beard.
(So you know what I'm working with, I keep my beard around 1/2 to 3/4 inches, full coverage. My facial hair is slightly curly and tends to stick out/up around the jaw and mustache.)

I use this as mustache wax for the curls at the tips of my mustache. A little does go a long way. The smell is almost neutral which is fairly consistent for the Honest Amish brand. Depending on your hair type, I would suggest carrying it with you if you can as my I may have to put a bit more to touch up the mustache throughout the day.

Side note: I accidentally left this this in my jacket pocket and it went into the washer and dryer. It survived, didn't leak on the close and the wax was in tact. So i guess the container is durable!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment