
I have used one kind of pomade for years, and I decided to spend 50-100 looking for better pamade's. I noticed that everybody has different hair types and needs different "Hold", and different "shine" levels. So here is my list of HOW different pomades worked for me. This is to be used for you to buy what you need. they are ranked in different aspects. then, I'll tell you my routine...
American Crew Pomade (water based)
Putting it in: fair
Shine: Mid
Hold: Mid
Dry Crunchiness: None
Smell: Slight
Washable: Very
Reuzel High Shine Blue: (water based)
Putting it in: Fair
Shine: Mid
Hold: Very Strong
Dry Crunchiness: Very Strong
Smell: Slight
Washable: With Shampoo
"Best deal" Viking Revolution (water based)
Putting it in: Fair
Shine: Mid
Hold: Concrete
Dry Crunchiness: Very
Smell:Slight
Washable: Rough
Heavy Hold Dapper Dan (oil based)
Putting it in: Clay like
Shine: High
Hold: Medium
Dry Crunchiness: Light
Smell: Slight
Washable: Needs shampoo
Teddy Boy Slick (oil based)
Putting it in: Easy
Shine: Very
Hold: Light
Dry Crunchiness: a little
Smell: Strong Mint for an hour
Washable: Yes.
After trial, error, and research the winners are:
Teddy Boy Slick, Heavy Hold Dapper Dan, or both depending on the amount of "hold" i want that day.
I have normal hair that is capital "S" wavy. I wanted a fairly strong shine without having a super hold 1970's helmet hair. Some people may be going more for hold than shine. For me the High hold water based products held like gel and pulled out lots of hair when applying and clumped the hair... ... So, now Im leaning on oil based pomades. My hair seems to suck in the oils anyways so I'm not walking around looking like a oil mop all day. Putting in Argon oil and leave in conditioner pre pomade also helps leave a nice radiant shine.
This stuff works great but it takes a bit of effort. Out of the tin it is damn near as hard as candle wax! Aroma is much nicer than the citrus smell of Dan's regular hold but nowhere near as easy to use as the regular's softer texture. Were it not for the overly hard texture I would have given it 5 stars.
Update: If I could go back in time I would give it 5 stars. Have used it several times now and it is well worth the effort it takes to overcome my previous "hardness" complaint. Superior hold with a nice shine. Leaves hair feeling somewhat soft & natural without that "plastic" look that many hard hold, high shine pomades leave you with.
When I saw Dapper Dan on Amazon I had to order it. It has good hold but not great. High shine and good fragrance. True to the movie, it took two weeks to get to me. I do prefer Uppercut Monster Hold or Goon Grease to this, though. Dapper Dan does have a better fragrance and higher shine than Monster Hold but doesn't last through the day as well. Goon Grease is about equal in fragrance and shine but better hold than Dapper. One plus for Dapper Dan is that it will wash out the easiest even though it is oil-based.
Great hold, have a traditional Pomp but sick of Murray’s strong smell and greasy feel. This is a great pomade for that classic look!
It a good heavy hold oil based pomade washes out of the hair easily. Has a good shine to it. Has a light vanilla esq smell. Only complaint was I had a few fly away hairs. But overall I like it and would probably buy again.

Feature Product
- Oil Based, Water Soluble
- Superior Hold & Shine
- Premium Quality
- Clean, Masculine scent
- Washes out easily
Description
Product Description
This Dapper Dan Heavy Hold Pomade combines superior shine and great hold, with the classic weight associated with other oil based products. Oil based, yet also water soluble, this is a ground-breaking hybrid pomade that washes out the first time, every time. No more greasy pillows!
Condition : New
Brand: Dapper Dan
Brand Story
Dapper Dan was founded in Sheffield, England in 2011; born of frustration with the less than adequate products available to gentlemen to fulfil their styling needs. Our products were developed over a ten year period by professionals in the trade, determined to create a unique and compact styling range. In 2012, Dapper Dan Matt Paste was launched and quickly became the most versatile matt styler we had ever experienced. In 2014 we added a Deluxe Pomade and a Matt Clay to the range. We firmly believe that with 3 well selected and painstakingly developed products, there is no styling requirement that can not be met.
I now look like George Clooney.
My husband loves this stuff. It’s his new and only go to now
Originally bought a novelty item for my son, but he started using it and loves it. This is the second time purchasing.
Works great but for the amount it costs I wouldn’t expect the container to be beat to hell, looks like somebody threw it across a parking lot
This product was the best thing for my hair took 2 seconds to do and my hair was perfect for the whole day I can officially say I’m a dapper dan man

Posted by Admin
in
0 comments:
Post a Comment