Thursday, November 7, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Honest Amish Extra Grit Beard Wax - Natural and Organic - Hair Paste and Hair Control Wax - 2 ounce

Honest Amish Extra Grit Beard Wax - Natural and Organic - Hair Paste and Hair Control Wax - 2 ounce

Day 2 of using this product. I was finding that the Heavy Duty beard balm just wasn't enough. Once conditioned using either the premium beard oil offered by this company or the balm, this product finishes up nicely. I didn't comb out prior to pic so you could see how even tussled a bit it still is holding shape.

A few other notes would be that
This does smell of black licorice which I am fine with.

This isn't mustache wax. I've used numerous mustache waxes and none I would add to my beard. The consistency is very dense, but not the density of the aforementioned wax.

This will definitely be added to my arsenal!

Beard on!

I rarely write reviews, but when I find a product that surprises me with its quality, value or use I feel obligated to share my thoughts.
For years I have maintained a slightly-longer-than-stubble-beard (groomed at a guide setting between 6-8 on a Norelco trimmer) and only occasionally used any products for my beard. I maintained this length of beard because my facial hair is fairly thick, curly and stubbornly grows in different directions on each cheek. Growing my beard out this winter was driving me (and my OCDs) nuts, I couldn't stand the burly, gnarly tangle i saw each morning in the mirror. I needed to tame this thing on my face without appearing over-groomed.

I couldn't decide which Honest Amish wax to get so I ordered this extra grit and the original. Used as directed, digging in with a thumbnail and taking one lap around the rim of the tin, rub the hands together vigorously and apply it fresh out of the shower, run a comb through and smooth down. Some days I need another pass or 2 with the comb to get all the hairs to settle down without loading up on product. I love this stuff. I still wake up each morning, look in the mirror and think "I should trim this thing down" but after waxing up all is good.
For me, this is THE CHOICE for beard wax
I really like the scent (as does my wife)
The grit (which doesn't rub off at all during the day by the way, not sure how much others are using) helps to hold everything in place without adding the extra shine that the original gives. (I am not a fan of the shine at all)
It helps to shape things up without looking labored over
Combing and regular washing/conditioning helps to make sure that no excess wax is building up

Pros:
1) Price- comparable or less than many of the other waxes out there, even though HA carries with it a far superior reputation.

2) Scent- I thought I would hate this because of the anise and I cannot stand black licorice. It's hard to explain, but this smells much better than what black licorice tastes. I liken it more to root beer (which I like) than I do black licorice (which I don't). As well, there's a hint of spice that tones down the anise and so at least to me, the scent is nice and I actually like it better than many of my "scented" beard products. BTW: the HA Beard Oil also carries a hint of anise, but as with this wax, I do not find the scent to be off putting.

3) Hold- for me, this produces a good hold, but not a great one. I will elaborate under the cons.

4) Texture- HA makes my beard super soft, rather than super waxy.

5) Grit- I've concluded that I like grit. Period.

Cons:
1) Sheen- compared to other waxes, this wax produces very little sheen (which I knew going in).

2) Hold- this is HA's strongest hold and yet for me, it didn't get all my strays. This is my biggest concern as I don't want to have to overuse to reach the hold that I reach with other waxes. BUT- this was much easier to apply and smells much nicer than all my other waxes and so the trade-off might be a good one.

Peace.

UPDATE: since I started using this, my kids have gone out of their way to turn my beard white. A white beard does not pair well with this product. Just a friendly heads up for old dudes like me.

I love this stuff. I've also used the original beard wax,but the extra grit does it for me. The original has more of a candle wax consistency, its a little harder to work into the beard. The extra grit is a little softer and melts in your palms alot easier which makes for an easier distribution throughout your beard, but it definitely has the same shaping potential. I also have a blonde beard and the extra grit adds a little bit of a darker color and helps blend the lighter spots in.

Very thick and hearty. It is dark black and has a licorice like scent. You will scrape some with your thumb and rub it between your fingers. It also has a grittiness to it. The added substance and waxiness helps it work very well for holding hairs in place. I use balm and oil, but those are not intended as beard shapers. This is just what I need to control my mustache and some of the rogue hairs in my sideburns. So long as I don't play with my beard, the hold lasts a good, long, time. The smell lasts a little longer than the balm, as well.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Hand Crafted in the USA
  • Also Used for Hair Control, Hair Paste
  • All Natural and Organic Ingredients
  • Softens and Conditions, Tames Unruly Beard Hairs
  • The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World

Description

Aside from adding volume and control to your beard, our Extra Grit Beard Wax works exceptionally well as a hair product to help control, shape, and also relieve frizz in your hair. It's a favorite among our local hair stylists for an all natural alternative to the chemically ridden products that are on the market today. It's a blend of organic oils, locally harvested beeswax, and natural clay to provide your beard and hair with conditioning and a nice spiced scent from the natural essential oils within. Comes in a two ounce tin packed nicely in its own box, a perfect gift! Contains zero petrochemicals, no man made preservatives or chemicals, and every ingredient is directly from nature. Made here in the U.S. by hand for an honest wage. Needless to say, we know beards. Long before the current beard trend, way back before the 60's and 70's, and long before the 20th or 19th century for that matter...beards have been an integral part of Amish culture. The care for these beards have been passed through generations of men. Honest Amish Beard Waxes are blended from premium organic oils, fruit and nut butters, essential oils, botanical additives, and locally harvested beeswax. These recipes were created centuries ago to help maintain, care, and control growing beards while protecting and conditioning the hair follicles. Extra Grit is EXCELLENT for use as a hair product! "If you re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please return it for a full refund."



After wearing this for the first time I got multiple comments on how fast my beard was growing! It hadn't grown at all but this wax really lengthens it out and makes it appear longer.

Overall, really like the wax and the grit feel. It isn't like hair wax mind you it's does sometimes feel like it could hold even more than it does but the effect is powerful and overall I really feel like I'm pampering myself when I throw this stuff on - which I get to do pretty much every day :)

Find this comment helpful? Hit me with a helpful vote!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! I have been growing my beard for 5-6 months and have been experimenting with alot of different balms and brands and by far this is one of the best products I have found for post styling hold. I blow dry and style my beard with a round comb and then rub some in, mainly only sides to keep them down and it works perfect!

I have a wild, wiry beard and this is one of few products that tames my beard on the daily. The smell is great and not too strong. Some reviews mentioned staining on their collars which I hadn’t noticed, until lately when my beard has been a little fuller. But, fear not! The staining comes out easily. I used dish soap and soda water but I’m sure any stain remover you have would work. Staining might also have to do with how much you use.

Everyone has different experiences, this is mine. This product may work better or worse for you than it did for me.

After using Honest Amish's "regular strength" beard wax for about a year and a half, I decided to try out the Extra Grit Beard Wax. I just finished the tin the other day. It lasted me about 3.5 months. My beard is about 4 in long and is very curly. I shower in the morning, then apply beard oil (homemade) followed up by a Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berry-sized amount of Extra Grit beard wax. Here is my review.

Grit: I believe the grit in Extra Grit is clay. Again, your mileage may vary, but some of the other reviews mentioning the grit seemed a little over dramatic after using this product myself. I never noticed any of the grit coming off onto my clothes or even my hands as I touched my beard throughout the day. I never noticed any on my pillow nor on my SO's face. It wasn't "like rubbing dirt into my beard." The grit was noticeable in the hands but all but disappeared in the beard. After working the product into my beard, I would have to gives my hands a quick wipe on my towel as there was grit in the wrinkles of my palms, but it was never hard to get clean, and in fact was quite easy.

Hold: The hold of Extra Grit is why I liked the product, but didn't love it: 4 stars vs 5. Seeing this product labelled as "Beard Wax: Extra Grit!" made me think the hold would be similar to that of the original Honest Amish beard wax, if not stronger, but I found it to be more along the lines of a heavy duty beard balm. The product itself was softer than the original which did make it easier to scoop out with your thumb vs the original, but in my experience the on-the-beard hold was weaker. If I were to list beard products in order of increasing hold, it would be as follows: Au natural, Beard Oil, Beard Balm, Extra Grit Beard Wax, Original Beard Wax. This product would be perfect if you need something a little stronger than a balm but a little weaker than the Original Beard Wax, but for me, I need a little more hold than Extra Grit can provide.

Scent: Extra Grit has a stronger licorice/clove scent than the original beard wax. It is not unpleasant and not overpowering and fades after a while, which in my book is a good thing.

Overall, I am glad I tried Extra Grit out but I will be going back to the Honest Amish Original beard wax. Since they are about the same price, I would recommend trying Extra Grit on your search for beard products that work with your own beard.

I've experimented with different brands of beard waxes and oils and such and found that Honest Amish is the best brand to go with, for myself anyways. After finding my brand, I experimented with the different types of waxes they had and found this one works best for me. It's easier than the regular wax to scoop out and warm between your hands, and it is easier to tame and shape a frizzy beard.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment