
I had the original Andis T Outliner and it died so I needed a replacement and saw the GTX was an updated version. I was really disappointed at first because it didn't cut nearly as low as the original as other reviewers have pointed out, and when I tried to shape up my beard the lines were never sharp anymore. I decided to do a little digging and the solution involves zero gapping which means adjusting the front blade to be as close as possible to the back blade so that it can cut closer. I assume the default setting is far away to avoid any potential cuts on customers. Once I zero gapped the blade it cut MUCH better, even better than my original T Outliner. Watch a YouTube video on how to zero gap an Andis T Outliner and you should be good
Please And is do better than this the clipper is great but the blades are self rusting. The clippers are expensive ,To the and company why can you all make better blades they just get rusty even thought you're not using them, and other cheaper And is clippers blades like the pivot pro which I have over 2 years and got it used have nooo rust and got d 2 gtx about 2 months now and been using one and the blades are just rusting. Will still give five stars b.cuz I kno gtx are good clippers just have to get better blades. Built better quality blades for us Andis
Performance:
If you're looking for a trimmer that is sharp and does its job well, this is the trimmer for you. As an owner of the Wahl 981, getting a clean and close shave was difficult. With these trimmers you can use them to shape your hairline; it leaves clean, crisp edges. It has only been a week of use but so far, these Andis trimmers have exceeded all expectations. If you hate charging your trimmer this is also great as it is corded, this takes away the benefit of using it anywhere but if you're using it at one location it is not a drawback.
Ease of Use:
If you don't have the steadiest hands these are great for you. The shape of the trimmer makes it easy to hold and the sides have bumps, so it gives you a good grip. You just plug these in, turn them on and you’re good to go.
Build Quality:
This trimmer is great for users that want a strong trimmer with a great build quality. It’s a little on the heavy side for a trimmer which makes it feel premium and solid. The cord is thick, and it has a power tool look to it which feels like it is ready to take on a lot of wear. Its only been a week but you can already tell it will endure a lot.
Drawback:
The one major drawback for these clippers are that, they get hot. After using it for a while they tend to get hot but it’s rare to use it for a long period but if you’re the type that would use it for long periods this may not be the trimmer for you.
Value:
The price is high for these compared to other trimmers, but the quality of the trimmer makes up for it. You get what you pay for. The build quality and the performance of these trimmers make up for the high price.
Works great. I became tired of those turn to adjust beard trimmers, since they sometimes shifted to a different setting, and mainly because they gave an uneven cut. This has been working perfect for giving a nice even beard. I havent learned to fade yet, and probably wont even try. I zero gapped mine but it has since been snagging. I had hoped to be able to use this to clean up my beard instead of having to wet shave, but it doesnt cut close enough, and even after zero gapping it, it will not replace a regular razor.
It is a must to get the disinfectant. I got lots of redness at first, and after I started cleaning after EVERY use, it went down. Still not a replacement for a razor, but if you have a nice thick beard and want to keep it looking clean, this is great.
Update:: 2 years later
I still use this to trim my beard, I usually keep it at 1/4" or 1/8" depending on the season. I originally zero gapped the blade, but it was a bit too close. I moved it a little back and it works better for my skin/beard. While it doesn't replace a regular wet shave, I can now comfortably use this to clean up and outline my beard instead of shaving. It becomes a chore trimming one day, wet shaving the next, and using scissors day 3.
I will say the disinfectant is a must, I got harsh razor burn before I started cleaning it after every use. I got the Andis blue liquid, dip this in and wipe off excess with tissue before storing it in the drawer. My one complaint is that the disenfectant will coat the entire unit and make it greasy feeling. Doesn't matter if I store it blade down, wipe off with a damp cloth, or minimally use the cleaning liquid. It's just a part of what it is. Everything can't be perfect but this is close.
I came back on amazon looking for new blade options, didn't really see anything. I have a very thick beard. Now that I have been using this to shave more frequently, the blade it came with isn't really ideal for that. It's great for trimming the beard but won't pickup evenly without the guards.
Who has two thumbs and loves their Andis Trimmer? This girl! Seriously, it is amazing. I buzz my husband's head a few times a month, and we've gone through three trimmers in the last four years. Nothing seems to hold up, even the well known brands. When I came across this trimmer and actual barbers had reviewed it, I was in, and boy was I not disappointed.
The trimmer head is shaped differently than most I've had before. This is a huge plus, because it means you can get a closer shave than most traditional trimmers you can purchase at the store. It also comes with a few attachments if you're not into buzzing someone's head. The body is also smaller than most trimmers we've had in the past, which means it fits in my hands better. Not to mention the cord seems like it's industrial quality and will withstand abuse. Not that I have any intention of abusing it, but the option is always there.
Once I've had it for a few months (fingers crossed), I'll update the review as to how it holds up. Right now though, I'm pleased as punch with my purchase.

Feature Product
- The professional standard for all-around outlining, dry-shaving and fading
- Perfect for all-around outlining, dry-shaving and fading
- Equipped with deep-tooth carbon steel trimmer blade that can be zero-gapped
- Contoured housing fits comfortably in your hand
- Heavy-duty 8-foot 3-prong grounded cord with hanger loop
Description
Professional Features:-Professional magnetic motor trimmer with close-cutting T-Blade-fine-cutting teeth for extremely close cutting-powerful magnetic motor runs cool and quiet-high-quality carbon-steel blades specially hardened for long cutting life-Ideal for dry shaving and all-around outlining and fading-heavy duty 8-foot cord with hanger loop-contoured to fit your hand comfortably.High-speed motor runs cool and quiet.
Best investments ever made. It's Shades quick and easy. The only downfall is a thick cord but how can that be downfall when it's a good quality cord. It shaved my beard like it was butter. The shaver did not get nearly as hot as people were saying on the other reviews. it got warm but that would be a good thing on a cold winter day instead of having Cold Steel against your skin. It is a little clunky if you want a dainty razor with with a cordless battery. But if you want Razer to do his job right this is definitely the razor to get
Absolutely love this trimmer, it does everything the other t-trimmer does but better. Crisper lines and seems to be more efficient requiring less passes. Blades are sharp though so take into consideration before zero gapping
Took two tries to get my GTX T-Outliner from Amazon. The first try never made it to my house, but Amazon’s customer service did a great job and got me a set delivered the next day.
As for the clippers, after zero-gapping the blades, they work great! Great, crisp lines, and easy on the skin!
Zero gapped the same day I received these puppies.. The line it produces is as crisp as a razor lining.. Just beautiful.
Very smooth, quiet, and comfortable. Small, solid, and substantial.
Now that I'm "retired" I like to shave about once a week. A regular shaver can't handle that much, so I use a trimmer instead. This one leaves about a one-day stubble, which is perfect. Most times I let it go at that, but I can also easily shave that off if I want to. My whiskers are fairly thick, and there are a lot of them, and this does a great job. Smooth cutting, no snagging or pinching or irritation.
The case is nothing flashy—in fact it looks like bakelite—but it's very solid and compact and the switch is nice and tight.

Posted by Admin
in
0 comments:
Post a Comment