Friday, October 4, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Wahl Clipper Stainless Steel Lithium Ion Plus Beard Trimmers for Men, Hair Clippers and Shavers, Nose Ear Trimmers, Rechargeable All in One Men's Grooming Kit, by the Brand used by Professionals #9818

Wahl Clipper Stainless Steel Lithium Ion Plus Beard Trimmers for Men, Hair Clippers and Shavers, Nose Ear Trimmers, Rechargeable All in One Men's Grooming Kit, by the Brand used by Professionals #9818

I had the older model with the round charging port that eventually stopped charging. It lasted several years before it died so I purchased another one thinking I would get another few years out of it. When it arrived I was surprised to see they have updated this model with a new style charger. Instead of a round standard looking DC connector it has a trapezoidal plug with 2 separate prongs in the base. Assuming it fixes the charging issue I'd say they fixed the only problem I ever had with my old one.

As long as you clean the trimmer with the supplied brush and oil the blades every few uses it will stay sharp and last you a very long time. 5 stars.

This groomer does everything they say it does. It trims wonderfully and consistently every time. The blades and other inserts cover every type of grooming situation, from mustaches and eyebrows to full beards. It enables me to trim different parts of my beard to different lengths, with no one being the wiser. And the fine micro-trimming heads enable you to reach into small places on one's face and clip off whatever is disturbing you at the moment. And although it makes noise, it is the quietest of all the trimmers I've had.

When I purchased this one, I debated for a while as to whether I really needed to pay more for all the metal instead of the plastic. I was especially concerned when I read there were a lot of reviewers who had complained of rust forming on the heads. I obviously decided to get this metal groomer, and am so glad I did. It runs very smoothly, and (almost*) never have had a problem with it. It is now three years old and still runs and cuts like new; I could not say that for any of the plastic predecessors I've had. And the rust is not a problem -- the reason is simple: I followed Wahl's guidance and oil the cutting parts once a month with a dab of oil each; it takes about 75 seconds and that's all I do. Not a sign of rust.

* The "almost".
The part of the razor where it gets recharged is also a means of keeping the groomer from running inadvertently when you travel, so you avoid the risk of opening your suitcase and discovering that your groomer has run out of charge. Somehow, my sensor sometimes thinks that that the groomer is in travel mode even when it is not, which of course prevents one from using it. I found a workaround by jiggling the sensor. After my doing it several times over the past few months (a little frustrating), I called Wahl, who offered to send me a new groomer, even though this one is out of warranty. They clearly stand behind their product.

This is BY FAR the best electric shaver I have ever owned. I am the kind of guy who does hours upon hours of research before buying basically anything, and sometimes it takes some trial-and-error.

I first purchased the Andis T-Outliner since it had such great reviews. It was a beast, but not what I was looking for. If I worked at a barber shop, then I'm sure I would have loved it. But I just want a high quality electric shaver for at-home use to keep my beard tamed.

So, I returned the Andis one and got this one and I am so happy I did. This thing is very impressive. When you first hold it in your hand, you immediately notice the high quality. It is just the right weight and the stainless steel body is very sleek and sturdy. It comes with tons of clipper guards so you are sure to trim your beard to the perfect length, and fade if needed. It also has a nose hair trimmer and a close shave attachment for your neck stubble. I couldn't be more pleased with this product and would highly recommend it to anyone.

I rolled the dice and on my first order of this clipper on 1/27/19 I received the version with the round plug in jack. This is the version the other reviews are complaining about. Within a week, I had issues. It started when I couldn't turn it off, the button would not turn the unit off, it was annoying to say the least. This version comes with a plastic insert that you can put into the recharge plug that renders the on off switch dead and that was the only way to get this to turn off. I somehow managed to get the thing to turn off but the unit wouldn't stay light during charging, it kept flickering and if I moved it it would stay lit for a second or two. The jack was jacked.

I called Amazon and they overnighted a new unit to me the next day (great service!!). This one had a completely different plug, it's a bigger square plug that looks like it will hold up a lot better. So far no issues.

The unit itself feels solid. However, after taking apart the old defective unit, the heft is from the outside heavy Stainless sleeve. The internal is cheap plastic with no seal. Do not get this wet! It will quickly get into the inside and get to the control board. This is not a unit that can be immersed in water, I'm glad I took it apart to see how un-waterproof it really is. This unit doesn't claim to be waterproof but I'm just pointing out the verified fact that it's not a sealed device.

The unit comes with a nice variety of attachments and is straight forward to use. I've used it about a dozen times (combined old and new units) and it gets the job done. I'll report back if I have any issues with the replacement unit.

As far as I know this is the best beard and mustache trimmer that you can find. This one features beautiful stainless steel fit-and-finish combined with a state-of-the-art battery that holds a charge for a ridiculously long time. This trimmer comes with a large number of trimmer combs that work for me when trimming my beard and mustache. There are a lot of different ones and most users will experiment until they find the ones that work for them.

The blades on this unit are very, very sharp. This is great as my mustache is like iron and it takes a sharp blade to trim it easily.

Unexpectedly, this unit also has a nose hair trimming attachment, so it really does do it all.

I will update this review if any reliability issues surface, but for now I am 100% enthusiastic about this quality product. RJB.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • BUY TODAY - Wahl Clipper is the #1 brand of beard trimmers & hair clippers. The brand used by professionals since 1919, our made in the USA trimmer includes all the tools for a perfect look!
  • SELF SHARPENING PRECISION BLADES - Patented technology provides superior cutting for all hair types & length. The blades are long lasting for quiet performance.
  • COMPLETE GROOMING SYSTEM - 4 different multipurpose attachments are perfect for all facial hair styles: T-Blade, Detail Shaver, Rotary Personal Trimmer, Detail Trimmer. For touch ups between hair clipping & detail shaving, mustaches, sideburns, goatees, stubble, nose, ear, other face & body hair!
  • DUAL VOLTAGE - This cordless trimmer is equipped with a long-running lithium ion rechargable battery usable with 110v and international 220 volt. The perfect travel choice!
  • GIVE THE GIFT OF QUALITY - Makes great personal gifts for the men in your life! Dads, husbands, and boyfriends will love this top rated precise self-care trimmer for any occasion!

Description

Wahl’s Stainless Steel Beard Trimming Kit (Model #9818) is the complete kit that will meet every one of your styling and grooming needs!

Perfect for trimming beards, nose, and ear hair, we’ve thought of everything you could need to recreate your favorite styles every time: at home, travelling, or on the go!

The WAHL 9818 lithium ion stainless steel all-in-one groomer kit includes:

  • 1 Rechargeable Beard Trimmer/Shaver/Razor
  • T-blade
  • Detail Shaver Head
  • Rotary Ear/Nose/Brow Detail Head
  • 12 T-blade Guides (See Below for Full List)
  • Comb
  • Storage Pouch
  • Charger
  • Cleaning Brush
  • Blade Oil
  • English/Spanish Instructions

Additional Accessories Include - Facial Hair Guide Combs: No. 1 - 1/8 inches Guide, No. 1/2 - 1/16 inches Guide, No. 2 - 3/16 inches Guide, No. 3 - 5/16 inches Guide. Haircutting Guide Combs: T-Blade 1/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1/4 inches Guide, T-Blade 3/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1/2 inches Guide, T-Blade 5/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 3/4 inches Guide, T-Blade 7/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1 inches Guide.

Manufacturer Tips

Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
Quick charge feature: 1 minute charge = 3 minutes of trimming.

Save money and look your best every day, no matter where you are, with the last word in men’s grooming. Add the Wahl Stainless Steel Beard Trimming Kit to your cart today!

*Based on North American dollar sales



So far this is the best trimmer I've owned. It feels good in your hand, holds a charge forever, comes with a plethora of pieces, and has some interesting innovations.

While it is super easy to lose, it comes with a plug protector that PREVENTS IT FROM TURNING ON when packed! I don't know if this is present on any other trimmers but this is the first one I've seen it on and I love it. It's not life changing but it's a pain and slightly embarrassing if your beard trimmer starts vibrating in your bag while you're traveling. Simple and great feature to have.

The only reason it's 4 stars instead of 5 is that while it comes with a number of guards/guides, they all are pretty flimsy plastic. They work fine but there are trimmers out there with adjustable guards that take up less space and have in between size options. Wahl's product is superior in so many other ways that it really hurts to not have this simple tried and true addition.

I have been cutting my husband's hair for over 25 years. I am not a barber or beautician. I only started to do it when he continued to come home with bad hair cuts. I bought my first pair of Wahl clippers back then. I think I replaced my original one another time before I needed this one. This clipper is my favorite. I love the fact it is cordless and is so light and easy on my hand. All the attachments work great and are easy to swap out. My husband uses the nose clipper, his favorite part of the set. We are both very happy with our purchase.

Sorry for my english and Google Translate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The trimmer is really great! Metallic! Stylish! Nice to hold! Made in the USA! Hard thick hair and bristles are well cut. All four nozzles are really working, not decorative. There is a lock function - long button hold. There are no complaints to the trimmer itself!
Next about plastic nozzles.
On the trimmer, they fasten securely, but apparently made in the Chinese basement! Two nozzles from the kit turned out to be defective! One has crooked teeth, the second has one tooth shorter than the rest! See the photo. Return did not do, because ordered to Ukraine. I solved the problem myself: I leveled one nozzle under hot water, and the second (small) can be replaced with a nozzle from a kit with the same size (there are two together in the photo). The comb is very small and of poor quality too! (In the photo centimeters). It would be better if she did not put in the kit at all )) I didn’t lower my estimate for it, because the trimmer is really super!
P.S. Wahl, do not embarrass yourself! Better increase the cost by three dollars, but order plastic nozzles from a normal manufacturer!

Update - after posting my 1 star review - Wahl replied to stating there is a 5 year warranty and gave me an email address. I emailed them the issue and provided my contact information and sent me a replacement part at no charge and I had it in only a couple of days - I've been able to use my clippers again. Great Customer Service - changed rating 5 stars.

Purchased Nov 1st 2016 - I use it maybe once a month at most. A couple months ago I went to use it and I noticed the motor was working but it wasn't trimming. I took the t-blade out thinking it needed to be lubricated...and the spring fell right off...no way to re-attach it, thus rendering it useless - considering other brand options for the replacement now.

The Good:
- This is the most ergonomic shaver I've ever used. It feels comfortable to hold and it's very lightweight. But that doesn't mean it lacks power, no sir, it cuts through my 4 day old beard of thick hair cleanly and effectively. I make sure to wet my face and hair with hot water first and pat dry.
- Improvements... I am a proud owner of the previous model which is basically the same but for two modifications. 1) The port where the charging cord goes into is more robust now.
And 2) The power ON/OFF button is more responsive than the older version.
- The T-shaped blade is all I need to shave my face clean in 20 minutes. And that's with periodic breaks to brush the blades clean after shaving each quadrant; left side of face / right side of face / left side of neck / right side of neck.
- My older model is working fine after 3 years, so I'm confident that this new one will be just as hardy. Come to think of it, I'll give the older one away to my brother who thinks Braun is better but these shavers will convince him that Wahl shavers best them.
- Speaking of which... the blades on Wahl shavers are made better and are sharper. I've been using Wahl shavers for 2 decades. During that time, I've also tried Braun, Panasonic, and Remington. Those shavers have flat-pressed blades because they cost less. There is a big difference is cutting ability. Look at videos online to see the difference between a stamp-pressed knife blade vs one that is created from a solid block of steel. Totally different levels of quality.
- And you can order non-rusting stainless steel blades, dual-foil shaver head, a "detailer" head for more precise cuts and others using the leaflet which is included.
- The mini carrying bag is made of a thicker material than I usually get with shavers. And it's not cheap vinyl.
- Built-in travel lock. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and the chances lessen that the shaver will turn on accidentally while traveling. Press for 5 seconds to unlock.
- It fully charges in about an hour. blinking light = charging, steady light on = fully charged. Do not use while plugged in. If you see the light blinking while shaving, that means you have less than 15% battery power remaining.
- If anything should go wrong, I can attest to this company's excellent 5-year warranty.

The Bad:
- Hold the blades facing down when lubricating. Do NOT allow any oil to flow back into the motor housing cause that will cause permanent damage.

and The Ugly:
- Some reviewers state that they would've liked better instruction on how to switch-out the blades. I agree, that is needed to users who are new to this particular model. I can only imagine what a new customer would attempt to do in order to get the blade off, perhaps actions which can cause injury to the user and/or the shaver. The included instruction sheet with its 2 little diagrams doesn't really help.
Basically, hold the shaver in your hand with your thumb on the cutting part of the blade. With your other hand, cup the underside of the blade so that it doesn't fall to the ground. Then gently push the blade off with your thumb. In order to put it back on, insert the bottom of the blade first and then push it back on in reserve order.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment