
The lavender smell is a bit... off. Smells a bit soapy rather than floral. Of course, the shave oil itself is a performer, one of the best available that I've found. A bit too pricey even on sale. I'm most likely going to make my own batch to cut costs, as the marketing and packaging markup on this product is pretty high - even with true Indian sandalwood or a high-quality lavender essential oil, you can create your own pretty easily for less than $8 per ounce.
This pre-shave oil is admittedly pretty phenomenal. While I do like using Art of Shaving's shaving cream and after shave balm THIS is the only thing I really couldn't do without. It makes such a huge difference in my shaving experience. I no longer get razor burn and my razor glides across my face like a figure skater on ice. It also lasts quite a long time. A little will take you a long way with this stuff! Granted my facial hair grows slow so i shave about once a week, but I'm just now (12/04/17) starting to run low and the last time I bought a bottle was July 26, 2016! I unquestionably would recommend this product to anyone, man or woman, who needs to shave!
The AOS pre shave oil is the difference of having a great shaving experience or razor burn and facial irritation. The sent is a mild lemon. The staff at Art of Shaving showed me how to use the oil the first time i bought a bottle. By follow their directions I made the bottle last 14 months and I shave 2x a week. Instead of pouring the oil into your hand you will want to place to fingers over the bottle opening and turn the bottle upside down. This will put a very small amount of oil on your fingers, but it will be enough to cover one portion of your face. I do this maneuver three times to cover my cheeks and my neck and chin. $25 isn't so bad for something that lasted 14 months!
Too bad AOS has discontinued this fragrance. The Bergamot Neroli has replaced the Lemon line.
If you arent using this, its time to grow up and become a man. This oil makes your blades last much longer, you will all but eliminate razor burn, and its great for use for "manscaping" as well.
Expensive, yes.... But you need very little, and the bottle will last you at least 6 months. Girls, you too can benefit from this. For your "bathing suit" area, apply this, shaving cream is optional. Razor burn will be a thing of the past. If you do end up using it though, do your boyfriend a favor... and get him one of his own :)
I can highly suggest this pre-shave oil from Art of Shaving. I was previously using the unscented Art of Shaving pre-shave oil as I have sensitive skin and most fragrances irritate it. I recently switched and gave the Lavender oil a try and love it. My skin is not irritated at all and the scent is not overwhelming to the senses.
I was hesitant about all pre-shave oil at first, but after one use I was 100 percent on board. The oil goes on before you lather up with cream, the blade then moves even smoother across your face allowing for an extremely close shave.

Feature Product
- The Art of Shaving PreShave Oil
- burn by promoting razor glide
- Helps soften the beard protect the skin
Description
The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil helps protect against irritation and razor burn by promoting razor glide and is suitable for all beard types, including men with tough beards. It softens the beard and prepares the skin for a close and comfortable shave without leaving an oily residue. It is formulated with a unique blend of botanical ingredients and Essential Oils.
For effectiveness I give it an A. Scent I give it a B. Is it worth the price? Well, where else can you get lavender pre-shave oil? I’ll say yes. I can see it lasting me at least a year. Seriously, 2 or three drops is all you need. I just wish the scent were stronger.
When I first started using this my first shave was very smooth. I got used to it and after a couple of years of using it wasn't sure it was doing that much... then I went on a week vacation and forgot to bring it. When I came back I couldn't hardly wait to shave with it again because I realized why I was using it. It makes the shaver blades glide across your face much better and smoother. It's subtle, but it does serve a purpose. Won't be forgetting it again.
I had never tried an oil like this before but had a sample pack from the art of shaving and the oil works wonderfully. So I ordered it in the lavender scent and it really cuts down on the razor burn and smells pretty good. The wife likes how my face feels after a shave so I’ll keep on buying this stuff.
I love this product. The scent is very refreshing and invigorating. The oil itself is not to think or liquidy. It has a nice consistency. It does not require a large amount to cover the surface of my face. I've been using it for about five months now shaving about five times a week and I'm about halfway finished. If you have a little bit of extra time to have a great shave please use this product. When I run out I will purchase it again and perhaps try different scent for a new experience.
I can't believe I have been shaving without this for the past twelve years of my life. As men, our faces take a beating from those of us who have to shave daily. It makes perfect sense to make that shave as easy as it can be for your skin, and that is what this does. Sometimes when I'm in a rush and forget to put this on before I shave, I can easily feel the difference. This makes all the difference in a smooth, and painless shave with pretty much zero chance of getting razor burn. I love this stuff and will continue to use it daily. I use a butterly-open style double-edge safety razor.

Posted by Admin
in
0 comments:
Post a Comment