Saturday, October 5, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Reuzel High Sheen Red Pomade, 4 oz

Reuzel High Sheen Red Pomade, 4 oz

I'll start of by saying the only other water soluble pomade I've tried is Suavecito Firme. The Reuzel red has a similar hold (maybe a little less) and consistency. I can recomb my hair after it has dried and it wont flake much if at all. The smell is nice yet subtle. It does not smell like cola as the description says. Personally I feel that it has a small hint of pineapple. I've been using this to slick back my puffy hair and it does a good job of keeping it down. Using it on dry hair gives a better hold but can be a little hard to spread through your hair. I find it to spread better with barely damp hair without affecting the hold too much. Even though it says high sheen, the sheen is not that high, which I actually like. Its a little pricier than other pomades but I feel like it is worth It and will be buying more when it runs out.

I love this stuff. It has good shine, a medium hold once it sets and smells great. The best way I’ve found to use the Reuzel Red is to use it one dry clean hair, comb a little bit of hair primer through your hair, warm up a dab of Reuzel and work it through and style as usual. I got all day hold out of it and the next morning it washed out easily and didn’t leave behind that kind of film on the hair that you would need a clarifying shampoo to get out.

Amazon just raise the price a bit to the point where this isn’t an “add-on” item but where I still feel like I’m saving some money compared to buying it at the barbershop after every other hair cut.

I am Latin-American and have pitch black, thick, dense and wavy hair about 4 inches long. For many years I kept my hair about an inch long because as it grew, it would curl up more than I liked. At the time, I used a Garnier Fructis Putty (Mess Maker) and gel. I have since discovered hair oil, leave-in conditioners, pomades, and waxes.

My current routine includes spraying coconut oil in my roots (sparingly otherwise wax and pomade won't stick to hair afterwards), then applying leave in conditioner mainly on the top of the hair towards the ends (two pumps of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree) and combining my hair to help these products spread out throughout. I do all this with hair just slightly damp but then let the hair dry a bit with these products on before I apply either Bed Head Wax or Hanz de Fuko Claymation on the top of the hair. I do nut run my fingers through my hair with these products though. Lastly, I finish with REUZEL Hair Pomade (red) which gives me a slick back look that would be typically hard for someone with my curly/wavy hair to get.

I have used Suavecito pomade and have found that it does not have the hold strength of this pomade. This pomade also has a nicer shine than Suavecito.

I've used quite a few pomades now. Layrite had been my favorite (strong hold), I like the vanilla scent and the hold/shine was great. Others have been disappointing, usually expensive no reason. There's something about this pomade by Reuzel that just fits me. A nice calm scent, great texture, does what it needs to, it holds for the day just fine. The can is pretty dope too. And the price at the time of purchase was cheaper than any other brand pomade, why wouldn't I love that?

Really like this. I have short hair and started brushing it to the side. It only take a dime size amount for my hair. Keeps a good hold all day.

I was looking for something that was medium hold with a good shine. I hate the rock hair feel i get from other types even when I use a small amount of other products.

I’ve used Rocky Mountine Pomadr, use about a dime size but it makes my hair very hard with a decemt shine.

Very happen with Rezuel Red


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • CONTROL YOUR OWN STRENGTH AND SHINE - Looks great all day long and its sweat proof formula is ideal for active men. It is best used to emphasize texture and separation with the moldable, flexible hold of natural clay.
  • STRONGEST WHEN APPLIES TO DRY HAIR -  For a heavy hold, blow dry the hair before applying. For a lighter hold, simply towel dry before applying.
  • GREAT SHINE - Reuzel Pomade is a versatile water based product that allows you to control its strength and degree of shine.
  • LONG LASTING -This pomade does not dry or harden in the hair so you can restyle as needed throughout the day without loosing control or shine.
  • EASY APPLICATION - Simply comb, brush or hand style into the desired shape. Add more Pomade or more water as needed to perfect the style.

Description

Reuzel RED Pomade is a water soluble formula, packed with high sheen. Holds like wax, yet rinses out easily like a gel. Retains Pliability in the hair throughout the day and never hardens or flakes. This super concentrated pomade works on any hair thickness or texture and creates a polished look for any hair style.



Reuzel Red Pomade. Use this to control a handlebar mustache. It works well after learning the sweet spot of how much to apply. White flakes do happen if applied too heavy. But that comes with the learning curve. A little bit will work fine and provide hold for most of the day, gradually loosening up from a firm to light medium hold. Can be reshaped with mustache comb and fingers. Washes out clean with water. I'd recommend it to someone looking for an alternative to a traditional mustache wax.

Good product. It does what you want as soon as you put it in your hair, which has taken some getting used to. I’ve used the green and blue Reuzel pomades in the past and really liked them, but decided to give the red a try. While it may be my least favorite of the three, I do like it and am sure I will like it better as I become more familiar with styling with it.

Also some people mentioned the smell. I like it and think it’s kind of a vanilla coconut smell. My wife also thinks it smells great.

I tend to like all Reuzel products so far, even their hair tonic. This pomade is water based so easy to wash out, but will give you "helmet hair" and less shine than the petroleum based ones. I like the scent, kind of a sweet cologne type fragrance, but it is a bit strong, you will smell it all day long. I try to be careful not to put too much in my hair specifically because the scent is so strong. The pomade scoops out a bit firmly but easily. This is my favorite water based pomade so far.

This is fantastic stuff. I recently discovered water pomades do a great job with my light, kind of curly, hard-to-tame (even when short) hair. I've tried out a few different brands, and I think this comes out on top, slightly ahead of Railcar Fine Goods' medium hold pomade.

Reuzel is thick, but easy to work in. It gives a good hold on the head and helps keep my beard a bit neater. The scent is A+. My wife and daughter are split on whether Railcar smells good, but both really like Reuzel. That said, the scent stays with you throughout the day, which may be a problem for some people.

Nevertheless, I highly recommend this. I'll probably go back and forth between this and Railcar's water pomade in the future, but this is the one I'll always be sure to have in my cabinet.

Hold is good, shine is extreme. Besides these two positive aspects, there is not really anything new to see here.

I bought this product because I like trying new water based pomades. While it is better than say layrite, imperial, or shiner gold, it just doesn't really bring anything special or unique to the table. Great product, cool design, nothing new or exciting.

Standard coconut/vanilla smell. Not sure what the description means by "subtle scent of cola" (none whatsoever), which is one of the main reasons I got excited and tried it out. Coke/Pepsi scented pomade? Someone else is going to have to step up to that plate.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment