Friday, October 4, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

L'Occitane Soothing Cade After Shave Balm for Men with Shea Butter, 2.5 fl. oz.

L'Occitane Soothing Cade After Shave Balm for Men with Shea Butter, 2.5 fl. oz.

What more can be said that hasn't already. This seems universally loved, and I now I know why. It all comes down to the scent. It just has such a classic, gentlemanly fragrance. Whenever I slather this stuff on, I think this is what a New England fisherman must smell like on his days home from sea. Amazing stuff. I just wish the scent stuck with me longer into the day. It dissipates pretty quickly. Note that there is no sort of tingling or burning or cooling or any of the other stuff we often expect from after shave creams, balms, gels, etc. It's just soothing and calming and nice. I have pretty sensitive skin, and this keeps the burn and redness at bay. I can't say enough.

L'Occitane Cade after shave balm isn't cheap but the quality and performance of this product appropriately reflects the price. It soothes razor burn and heals the skin after shaving better than most products out there. If you decide to shave at night and wear it to bed, your skin will look and feel fantastic in the morning. It also combats dry skin which makes it great in the winter time as a face lotion too.

The scent of this balm is absolutely wonderful. I'm not quite sure how to describe it but its light, creamy, aromatic and I can't see it offending anyone. L'Occitane also makes a Cade EDT and shaving cream. The EDT is OK but it's much sweeter and woodier smelling than the balm. And the shaving cream has it's own scent altogether. I don't understand why all three smell so different from each other but out of the three, the balm smells the best.

It goes on silky smooth and has the consistency of suntan lotion. For the most part, it's a non-greasy formula but it will leave your skin feeling just a bit greasier than other balms. A pea sized amount is all you really need. Anything more than that and you'll over do it. Used sparingly, one tube should last up to a year. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase and I'd recommend this product to anyone.

L’Occitane is certainly not the least expensive (or most expensive, either) personal care products available. That being said, I really like this product and will absolutely use it for as long as they keep this product. I shave to skin daily and this balm is perfect! Soothing, moisturizing, and really is non-greasy. The scent of sandlewood is not overwhelming, but I love sandlewood and that helps me start off the day relaxed and focused.

As a man I probably do have about 20 products in the bathroom…

That sounds like allot?
Well.. between shampoo, bar soap, conditioner, toothpaste, mouth wash, dental floss, toothbrushes, razors, etc..etc.. the number is quite easily attainable. However, this product is far superior to any after-shave I have ever used and my wife loves the pleasant smell.

Buying this product was based strictly on my experiencing using their soaps (initially found in Hawaii on our honeymoon) . The product has resulted in no ingrown hairs since using it for half a year and no oily or unnecessary residue.

Though it is extremely expensive for the quantity it is well worth it to me and does last quite a long time if used appropriately.

Try it out.. if you don't like it.. message me back here so that others know you didn't like it and may avoid buying it.
I am 100% behind this product and I feel so confident you will like it I'll say "I feel lucky to have found it"

Enjoy your bathroom experience when grooming and maintaining hygiene with good products like this one.

This is simply the best aftershave balm I've come across. No easily available brand (e.g. Nivea, Dove Men+ Care, etc) touches it. There are some other high end products that approach L'Occitane in terms of quality, but when you consider the brilliant Cade fragrance, this product stands above the competition. It is ridiculously expensive in comparison to a lot of competitors, but I have found that extra cost to be worth it for three reasons. First, this moisturizes my face after a shave better than anything I have ever tried. Second, you only need a small bit per use, so a tube can easily last for 2-3 months. Finally, I'm a fan of the entire Cade line as its fragrance is absolutely fantastic. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and in this case the experience is enough for me to justify the costs.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Helps resist redness, razor burn and feelings of tightness; purifies skin to clean and soothe nicks and breakouts.
  • Apply to face and neck after shaving, paying close attention to irritated areas.

Description

Blend of Shea Butter and Birchwood sap extract helps resist redness, razor burn and feelings of tightness. Our signature CADE complex of juniper, sandalwood, Immortelle and rosemary essential oils purifies skin.



I like it how it protects my skin after each shave. It has a very elegant scent that you don't find anywhere else. The women at my job also like it; they are always asking "wow, what is that smell, someone smells nice today". They still haven't found out that I'm the one who smells good. I'm modest and I like other people take the credit. Would buy the item again and again. Thanks for creating such great products.

When trying to justify my binge-shopping on l'occitane i came accross this product to treat/calm the boyfriend down: he's officially ADDICTED!! Of course i don't have a beard (not yet at least), but i speak for how soft and smooth his cheeks feel after shaving - crazy crazy nice. We ended up buying the shaving cream too.
The smell is not on the musky, masculine side - it's more of a "medicated" cream type of thing, but then again they do use natural ingredients and emolients so i'm good with that. Will be buying more soon!

I was at first put off by the price, but then figured that I'm worth it especially since I started using a safety razor and fine shaving creams and soaps. I read all of the reviews for this product and I don't remember any of them mentioning that they thought it smells just like baby powder, which is what I think it smells exactly like. At first I thought it was a cheap scent, but now I've come to appreciate it as a soft scent. The balm is creamy, soft, and smooth, and is the perfect application for after shave and after astringent. I like to try different products, and I am considering getting another one when I'm finished with this. Oh yes, you need very little - about 1/8" spreads evenly.

I really like this aftershave. It's soothing, has a distinctive, masculine scent that isn't overpowering, and absorbs nicely. Unfortunately for me, it also causes me to break out when I use it anywhere near my mouth. So, I'm having to change brands. But, that doesn't mean I don't recommend it for others - it's certainly worth trying, but be aware that it may cause issues for a few.

Mmmm...Nice! Happy I decided to purchase for my hubby. Men deserve a good aftershave cream. Careful, when you squeeze this tube, you may get more than you need. A bit more expensive than the grocery store brands, your man will appreciate this. Scent is pleasing, not overpowering.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment