Saturday, September 7, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Woodsman Beard Oil | Cedar Scented Leave In Beard Conditioner Keeps Facial Hair Soft and Moisturizes Skin | Jojoba. Argan and Sweet Almond Essential Oils 1 Ounce

Woodsman Beard Oil |  Cedar Scented Leave In Beard Conditioner Keeps Facial Hair Soft and Moisturizes Skin |  Jojoba. Argan and Sweet Almond Essential Oils 1 Ounce

A comparative review Northern Fir, Bear Brand Tree Ranger, Bearded Bastard Woodsman.

Choosing the right beard oil shouldn’t be complicated, but in the essence of time that we occupy, the market has quickly become saturated with hundreds of brands all claiming the same promises of producing a glorious thick mane. With that said, we’ll avoid genetics and 90% of the BS while sticking to the top three contenders on Amazon at this time.

Rank 3rd: Bearded Bastard Woodsman

Bearded Bastard makes some great product and the Woodsman is no exception. Texas cedar is the prime top note that doesn’t fade quickly and remains in the middle and base note. There’s not much else to be said about the scent because it’s not complicated. If you like your cedar, this is a winner on scent alone. The beard oil itself is heavier that the competition and a single application will last long into the day regardless of the your beard size. It tends to run a little greasier, but the coverage you get from a few drops goes a long way. Your beard will be left feeling nice and thick, but perhaps a but “crunchy” thick and a little hard to comb through later in the day. When looking at ingredients, I like to see either Argan or Jojoba oil in the first three, unfortunately the first three ingredients are Almond, Safflower and Grape seed oil. Not a deal breaker, but this may not be suited for all facial types either. Another factor is the cost. For $20 per ounce at the time of this review, I wan’t to see high quality oils at the front of the line. In either case, it’s still worth picking up a bottle, you wont be disappointed.

Rank 2nd: Bear Brand Tree Ranger.

Unfortunately I never received my bottle through Amazon so I had to go straight to the website for my purchase. Glad I did since there’s been a plethora of fakes running around on Amazon to begin with… With that said, if it doesn’t smell or feel right, it’s probably not genuine and you should contact Amazon immediately.

Now on to the good stuff. The scent is complex. Top note is eucalyptus that bleeds off into middle notes of pine and cedar finishing off with a mossy note. This scent is my favorite morning oil simply because of the complexity and strong silage. As others have mentioned, this is a non-greasy formula. Or to put it better, if Mr. Clean had a beard, he would use Beard Brand. Enough said. You can’t over apply this stuff because your beard will just soak it right up, however you don’t need a whole lot for coverage. Medium to long beards can expect 4-7 drops and that should last the entire day. The oil itself does an excellent job of softening the beard and keeping it tamed. You can easily comb through it midday if needed without any snags or dry spots. One more thing to note is that the formula works great with all skin types and the very first ingredient used is Jojoba oil, so you’re getting your money’s worth and taking care of of your skin at the same time. If this was your only go-to oil, it would be worth the investment, you wont be disappointed. Word to the wise though, check out the website, sign up for the newsletter and follow the brand. These guys live for beard grooming and have a lot of good informational material for anyone at any stage (personally I think their marketing could improve greatly, but these guys are off to a great start).

Rank 1st: Northern Fir

Who are these guys? In terms of beard products, they make one flavor oil and that’s it! But it’s an excellent oil and they don’t hold anything back when it comes to using the finest ingredients while offering it at a very affordable price. The scent of the oil is outstanding. Top notes of pine with middle notes of juniper berry and a spicy black pepper base. All three combined give off a pleasant hyper=masculine scent that every beadsman should have in his arsenal. The very first ingredient is Argan oil with Jojoba coming in as second. The price per ounce is a steal when comparing it to other brands. Like Bread Brand, Northern Fir is a non-greasy formula, but your beard wont soak it up right away; and that may be one of the best parts of this oil. It’s perfectly balanced to allow the user the time needed to massage the oil into the beard without having to rush through your grooming routine. Just massage it in, take your time, comb slowly through your hairs and you’re done. It leaves your beard feeling like cotton all day and tames even the most unruly hair. Thumbs up to Northern Fir. This is the very best oil on Amazon right now and is worth every penny.

I love the scent of this oil. It isn't overpowering. It is subtle and not screaming at everyone from across the room that you have a cedar smelling oil in your beard. The smell does fade pretty quick, but it is nose blindness. Others still smell it after I no longer can, but they only smell it when I am close to them. After all, it is beard oil, not cologne. It does a wonderful job of nourishing my beard. It seems like this oil in particular is more easily absorbed by the hair, if that is possible. I notice more of a softening and taking effect from this oil than from the others that I've tried. You'll like, but if you want a strong scented oil, then this one isn't for you.

I absolutely love the packaging and the toasty cedar smell. It has a smoky quality to it to me. On a side note, the mosquitos really avoid me for the first couple of hours after application. That is a plus. Best beard oil I've tried this far! In super satisfied with it. I'm going to try the Opium Den scent from The Bearded Bastard here soon.

Having now dabbled in a few different companies I can easily say that The Bearded Bastard has IMO the best quality oil. Basing this on how long it lasts compared to others and how this oil didnt negatively affect my beard brush in the slightest. When I switched to a different brand, I noticed the once perfect bristles started to dull and become less flex able. My favorite scent is the Vanilla as it's not overwhelming and pleasant 365 days of the year. As a 30 something metrosexual, I wouldn't say I hate the smell of cedar, but it's something I'm not used to. I plan on re-purchasing more Vanilla bearded bastard once this runs out but if you enjoy the smell of cedar you'd probably rate this 5 stars. All in all, happy but would prefer the vanilla scent.

The oil is awesome and you don't need a lot of it, that said, the scent was can compared to two things:
1) The wood aisle of HomeDepot
2) When you buy wood products to build a shelf/desk from IKEA
Basically, very "woody" - I felt like there a chemical smell to it (like you would use to preserve wood), but my friend found it was amazing - so I gave it to him (context: he's from Tacoma, WA - which is known for having a ton of Lumber Yards). So personally, just not my thing.

This product arrived very quickly & before all else, I was impressed by the look of the bottle. The wooden band that runs along the outside is a very cool touch to this item. After hopping out of the shower, I was eager to introduce my beard to this oil & let me tell you, I am not disappointed with my purchase. The smell is strange at first, but not strange in a bad way. Many others have described it as if you're in the lumber section of a Home Depot or Lowe's, which I heavily agree with. While the smell is very subtle, you will get hints of it throughout the day which are very pleasant & remind you of the man that you are. My girlfriend took a whiff of it & was happy with the smell. My beard was also noticeably softer after first application & the dreaded beard-itch subsided. If you're someone looking to get a quality product for a great price, I point you in the direction of this Woodsman Beard Oil. Make sure to apply it after wrestling bears.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Pure plant oils keep facial hair soft and reduce itchiness associated with beard growth. Our unique blend of plant oils condition the hair and the skin underneath without clogging pores.
  • Scented with cedar essential oil from trees cleared out in Texas and other essential oils and extracts. This is the real deal. 100% all-natural oils
  • Great for guys with scruff or a full beard, it also encourages healthy growth of the beard.
  • Glass bottle with shaker insert eliminates spills
  • Real cherrywood, Handmade laser printed label
  • Made by hand in Austin, TX

Description

The original Woodsman Beard Oil is made of the finest natural ingredients for facial hair that we could find. It has a delightfully woodsy scent to it that will have you looking for your axe, putting on your flannel shirt, and getting ready to do some manly things indeed. Women and men will 'ooh' and 'ahh' at the brilliant luster of your beard and mustache. They might just hug you a little longer than you were counting on just to take in the fine woodsy scent of your magnificent and full facial hair.

Often imitated but never duplicated, we stand by our Woodsman Beard Oil as the best beard oil in the world.

About The Bearded Bastard: The Bearded Bastard was founded in 2011 when Jeremiah “The Bearded Bastard” Newton went looking for natural mustache waxes and beard oils to tame his own wily whiskers and came up empty handed.

Not content to settle for petroleum based products with an awful smell, he set to work experimenting with natural ingredients local to Texas to create the Woodsman beard oil and mustache wax that are now used by countless thousands around the world.

Since then, The Bearded Bastard has grown to offer new natural products and fragrances that offer olfactive experiences unlike those found in commercial products. Each and every beard oil offered by The Bearded Bastard is created with natural ingredients that have been demonstrated to work to soften facial hair and reduce itching and flaking while attracting passersby with their aromatics.

Even today, every product made by The Bearded Bastard is made by hand in Austin, TX, using natural ingredients, real wood labels, and workers paid a fair living wage.

This is American made the way it was intended.



I literally just got this in the mail. Great so far, you ( and I) might want to buy a little mustache comb, because just using your fingers you'll notice little beads of oil on your beard when looking into the mirror. You only need about two drops if you have a 1/2 inch goatee going for you. Maybe just one. It's greasy, so I would think it would be better to put the oil on the comb and comb it through. The smell is very nice, not too strong, but noticeable. I've had it on for about an hour and the smell is still a constant linger. The only con is the price if you plan on using this daily, but I'm happy with the product and glad I get to experience it. Might buy again if there's a better deal on a larger volume.

I purchase this for my fiance as his first beard oil. He's not a cosmetics or product guy AT ALL but he's prone to irritation. The scent, culture of the company, and reviews led me to purchase something a bit more expensive for his first oil. To my complete surprise, he LOVES IT. He now uses it every day and has already asked to reorder it! I still in awe as how much he enjoys the product and how effective it improving his beard health/softness and reducing irritation. Highly recommend for any guy.

I bought this as a gift for my husband. He was using another brand from a local shop that he quite likes and I took the liberty to check the contents, so I could purchase some other brands that might be similar.

The scent is wonderful. Very much like a day at the cabin or the smell of freshly cut wood, with excellent undertones. My husband loves it.

I'm not a beard expert (wonder why?) but I love the way my husband smells and he's enjoyed a similar but different scent choice. I like this one better than the one he was getting from the salon.

Love this beard oil. It's one of the best brands I've ever tried. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an oil that smells awesomely woodsy and works well. I can't believe the ability that this has to tame my beard - it generally behaves itself but it's getting so long that I need to either get it wet or use beard oil to get it to realign when I wake up and the woodsman beard oil is one of the few beard oils that has managed to do that well on a consistent basis. This is my go to when I want to look excellent and smell manly for anyone who gets up close to my beard. It is one of the few brands and types that I routinely recommend to friends for personal use and gifts.

I'll be honest I've tried many beard oils. And the one thing that originally made me look past this product was the price. 20$ is quite expensive compared to some of the others out there. Quickly I found out why it was expensive. Quality. This stuff rocks! I work a manual labor job and my beard gets exposed to the elements all day every day. But this oil keeps it from getting dried out. I love it. Now the woodsman smell at first is quite intense. But it dies down throughout the day. It gets a sweeter smell as the day goes on. Spend the money and buy some, you won't regret it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment