Monday, September 30, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

SHAVE SECRET SHAVING OIL- THE BEST SHAVE EVER! 18.75ML (5 Pack)

SHAVE SECRET SHAVING OIL- THE BEST SHAVE EVER! 18.75ML (5 Pack)

I found this product in Wal-Mart years ago and I have been using it ever since. It is usually a little hard to find, but one bottle lasts forever anyway. When I ran out, I ordered another from Amazon. I have used many shaving creams over the years, but this is my go to.

Pros:
- Easy to use, not as messy as creams which I also found to be clogging my drains from so much going down there.
- Much more economical, you only use 3 drops per the bottle (I use 4), that means this bottle typically lasts me almost a year shaving almost every other day
- Does a good job of lubricating, not as good as the creams though
- Super easy to bring along when traveling as opposed to giant cans of cream which for some reason do weird things when exposed to pressure changes on the plane (always keep cans of shaving cream in a ziploc bag)
- Here is why I really love it, while it may not be as smooth feeling as the creams, I can actually see what I'm doing since this is just an oil. That means that when I am shaving near my sideburns or detailing facial hair, I can see where the edges are.

Cons:
- The smell, while the menthol does provide a cooling feeling, the smell is definitely noticeable.
- Warning! This thing will make stains on your towels if you wipe your hands or face on them after using this. We couldn't figure out what was happening to our towels, they would get a strange discoloration spots on them. Then we realized that only my towels looked that way, and in the spots where I wiped my face. This is one of the only bad things about using this product.

Conclusion:
I would definitely continue to recommend this to people, just be aware that you should use a junk towel to wipe your face so that you don't ruin all of your towels.

Like many men in their 30s, I find that my ability to be impressed is slowly diminishing with time and is being replaced with disappointment and a gradual acceptance of the idea that most things are not really as advertised.

I like this product because it is strangely honest. The packaging, for example, doesn't try to sell me on a lifestyle; 'fresh, cool mountain breeze shave' etc. The packaging is ugly and blunt, and seems designed as a kind of middle finger to the whole advertising industry. You could be forgiven for mistaking the product for a container of superglue if you passed by it in the store.

The packaging simply says 'Best shave ever!'. That is the entire marketing slogan of this company who is trying to sell me on the idea of putting something that looks like superglue anywhere near my face. That being said, you have to love a product that is so effective that it doesn't even require sophisticated marketing. The marketing is almost an afterthought here. They know that once you try this oil, you'll come back for more, and at that point, the packaging and marketing are irrelevant because you are already sold.

I bought this oil not because I suffer from razor burn or cuts, but because it is very hard for me to get a close and clean shave. I've tried foams and gels, and even other more expensive brands of pre-shave oils. I have the type of facial hair that grows back rapidly. If I shave at 5:30am, by the time 1pm rolls around, I've got whiskers again, and by the time I finish work, it looks as if I hadn't even shaved that morning. This situation doesn't work for me because I usually go directly from the office to dinners, night clubs, events etc, without time to go home and freshen up again.

My first shave with this oil had me sold. Three drops was literally all it took. With the first swipe of the blade, I could literally feel the razor catching more hair, as strange as that sounds. I was blown away. This is most definitely the cleanest shave I have ever experienced. My face even looked smoother in the mirror. I shaved at 530am, and by dinner time, my face was still smooth.

If this company went public and sold stock, I'd be a buyer. This oil is made by a little company in Texas, with a humble website, a reclusive founder and a single local phone number, but it blows away every other gel or cream I've tried. This company gets all of my shaving oil money from this point forward. I live overseas and the shipping cost is more than the product cost, but I don't care. It still represents a great value. Excellent buy, you won't regret it!

I've been shaving with this for about 2 weeks now. Here are my thoughts:

For straight razor shaving: (5/5 Stars)
It gives me the best shave experience I've ever had. I jump out of the shower, wet my face, massage the product for ~45 seconds, wet my face again, and the blade glides effortlessly. For anyone new to straight razor shaving, the fact that it goes on clear makes it much easier to see what you are doing, and has tremendously boosted my shaving experience. I will use this every time I straight razor shave.

For DE (Safety) razor shaving: (3/5 stars)
If my stubble is thin, it works OK, but when my beard was thicker, it did not work. I am using an Edwin Jagger DE89 with feather blades. If i do the first pass with my straight razor, the DE razor works well for cleanup.

I didn't use this with cartridges, so I can't give a comment on it.

Tip: Wherever the blade is touching your face, make sure the skin is wet! Splash your face with water when you move to different areas and you won't have any of the trouble with the razor dragging.

The trick to using shave secret is not to use it by itself. I had two bottles just sitting around because when I used them by itself, it didn't feel like shaving, and it was just clogging my safety razor (this product will definitely clog your cartridge razor). I wet my face, and liberally apply this throughout my face, bear, and mustache area (not just 2 drops like it says, but a lot more) as a pre-oil. Then I go ahead and apply my normal shaving cream over it, it adds an extra layer of protection from razor burn.

This product works well as a pre-shave oil, not as a stand alone shaving oil.

ANOTHER EDIT AND UPDATE... I'm going to start out by saying the customer service from them is nothing short of amazing, so much so that I'm upgrading my review to 5 stars and this is DESPITE the fact I cannot use the product.. do NOT use me as a typical example and give this product a try (helpful hint ... google "shave king shave secret shaving oil" and order directly from the manufacturer, it's cheaper and again.. amazing customer service on their part)... at this point I can only conclude I definitely have strange mutant skin that reacts to anything that's not safe for a baby :P (i.e. the "cetaphil gentle skin cleanser" that I use for shaving cream - like literally it's safe to use on a baby).

The manufacturer gets massive points for effort.. this poor guy mentioned in an email that he drove TWO HOURS to his factory to have them mix up a special blend menthol free for me .. bear in mind that this was for a SINGLE bottle which is not that expensive, companies don't go to that much trouble for such a small purchase for one single customer ! And yet this guy did.. on top of that he followed up with an email giving me shaving tips... it's entirely possible I'm using my electric norelco wet/dry shaver the wrong way, to the point where I'm inadvertently making small cuts and nicks on my face to the point where any shaving oil is going to give me a burning sensation (though the burn is significantly less with this special blend)... if this is indeed the case it's not the fault of the product. Without going into too much of a sob story here my father left the house when I was a teenager so never really learned to shave properly.

And, again, look at the multiple reviews left here by persons with sensitive skin who say they have no problem with the product and it doesn't give their skin issues... I will point out as well that with the special blend the manufacturer sent me it gives a smooth, clean shave just like the first batch.

In short, go ahead and give this product a try and reach out to the manufacturer (google them per the technique I mentioned above) if you have any issues and they will bend over backwards to help you !

EDIT AND UPDATE - okay I know often when you email a business they either don't reply or send a copy and paste "thanks for your feedback" email and then don't do anything about it - but guys sometimes it pays off to email the manufacturer you never know until you try :)

I emailed the manufacturer expressing my confusion about the product given so many people with sensitive skin use it with no problems wondering if I'd maybe gotten a bad bottle with an extra heavy menthol (alcohol) concentration) ... manufacturer emailed me back the same day offering to mix up a special batch minus the menthol and sell it to me at the same price I would pay on amazon ! Which is unheard of in this day and age, which manufacturer/business actually does that for their customers? That absolutely amazed me ... I emailed them a proposal (not sure if it would be worth their time to do that for just one bottle which is what I'd want to try first to see if a no menthol blend like they suggested would work for me.. if not I understand they're a business they need to make money :P ) ... will update this review accordingly as events progress :)

I really wish I could give this a higher rating.. and I should point out there are a lot of reviews on here where people with sensitive skin are reporting no problems with it so I'm wondering at this point if I'm some sort of weird mutant with overly sensitive skin :P

The shame is, it's a really great product and could work out quite well for you if you're not like me with the sensitive skin... I use a norelco electric wet/dry razor in the shower and I will probably have to go back to using my cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for shaving ... the shave secret oil gives a great shave with only a few drops but... it burns ! Like every single time in the eight or nine times I've used it to the point where I have to clean my face with dove bar soap right after shaving with it , even then I still "feel the burn" for a while afterwards. If it wasn't for that this would easily become my new favorite shaving item.

I was also wondering if I somehow just got a bad batch and the Shave Secret is normally not like this given all the reviews by people with sensitive skin on here who are taking about how awesome this product is....


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • You will receive (5) packs of Shave Secret Shaving Oil (18.75ml each)
  • Dramatically reduces dry skin, rashes, nicks, cuts, ingrown hairs and shaving bumps
  • Use only 3-5 drops per shave-it's economical!
  • Can be used in or out of the shower!
  • Shave Secret shaving oil provides the most comfortable, smooth shave ever! Made In The USA

Description

What is "Shave Secret"? "It's an All Natural Shaving Oil!" "Shave Secret" replaces all shaving soaps, creams, gels, and powders for men and women of all ethnic backgrounds. "Shave Secret" is a proprietary blend of high quality, 100% natural, essential oils and a hint of menthol. Nothing artificial. No animal testing.

"SHAVE SECRET" is "The Best Shave Ever!"

What are the Features & Benefits of "Shave Secret"? "Multiple!"
The oils work together to produce the most comfortable shave ever provided by modern day shaving products. For men and women, "Shave Secret" helps reduce:

  • Nicks
  • Shaving bumps
  • Cuts
  • Dry skin
  • Ingrown hairs
  • Shaving rashes
  • Conditions and moisturizes the skin all in one application!
  • Great for travel!
  • Use only 3-5 drops per shave-it's economical!

Directions For Using Shave Secret:

  1. Generously wet the area to be shaved.
  2. In a moist palm, massage 3-5 drops of Shave Secret.
  3. Massage into the area to be shaved and wait 5 - 10 seconds.
  4. Shave as usual. (Be sure to rinse your razor often).
  5. No need to rinse the shaved area, just towel dry.

Helpful Tips:
To get a really close shave, just re-wet the skin and shave again. Use 3-5 drops for additional moisturizing and conditioning of the skin. If you experience any razor drag-add more water, not more Shave Secret. To clean razor, rinse under hot water and tap in the sink. If necessary, you can use a tooth brush to unclog razor. To use as a pre electric conditioner, apply 1-2 drops, wait a moment and shave as usual.



As a military man I have to shave everyday. I have tried a wide variety of shaving products and can say this is the best one for multiple reasons:
1. Leaves your face feeling great and smooth but not "skinned" (if you use enough of product, I use 9-11 drops every shave).
2. One bottle lasts you a long(ish) time. I would say a whole month and a half of shaving every day.
3. The bottle is small and packs well compared to that bulky shaving cream bottle.
4. There's less mess and you will never feel like an idiot for leaving that puff of shave cream on the side of your face.

The only real drawback is price. However, when you do the math breaking it down into "cost per shave", this is not dramatically more expensive. Furthermore, if you are like most folks, you will fork over the coin to be able to shave every day without your face feeling like it got rubbed with sandpaper every morning.

I've been using this with a Parker saftey razor using Shark brand blades. Great product for day to day use and especially travel. Heals nicks if you get any. Very smooth shave.

The instructions suggest about 5 drops total, but I've gotten the best results by putting 5 drops directly onto one side of my face and then massaging it in. I then put 5 drops on the other side and work it in. Then I put a few directly on my neck line. Just a splash of water and you're ready.

Do make sure your razor doesn't become gummed up. The hair comes off as a black paste. Not a big problem for a safety razor but my Gillette Fusion was particularly hard to clean.

I love this stuff! I first heard about it advertised on the radio and after a few months I decided to check it out. Ever since I have never used anything other than Shave Secret. This product is fantastic. Provides a close shave and leave your skin feeling smooth soft and moisturized. And it smells great! I shave about twice a week and only use a few drops each time I still have my original bottle after nearly a year. You cannot beat the value or the quality of this product.

I have written a review previously in which I gave this four stars. I'm up to five now and have decided to make this my shaving solution. It does a great job of providing a smooth shave with no irritation. I use four drops instead of the recommended three and that works better for me. If I haven't shaved for a couple of days, I use five. The size is extremely convenient for traveling. It's a great product.

Personally, I've found the perfect combo - I use this as a "pre-shave" on my skin and keep it very wet. Then, I use Cremo on top of it. The Cremo keeps my razor from getting all clogged, and makes the shave even all the easier/more smooth. Just a perfect combo. I finish off just washing my face and them adding a few more drops of Shave Secret and rubbing it into my face as an aftershave lotion as well - make my face feel great. Try that combo - and shave in the shower (get one of those fog free mirrors for your shower - absolutely perfect combo/shaving experience. And both products last quite a long time.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment