Saturday, August 3, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil, Bergamot & Neroli, 2.0 fl. oz.

The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil, Bergamot & Neroli, 2.0 fl. oz.

I spread this on my beard, then add shaving gel. The combination gives me a smooth shave, every time, with no burn or ingrown hairs. I love the all the fragrances.

Great scent

Here is a castor seed and olive oil combination that smells great and whose purpose is to soften a man's beard prior to shaving. The scent is achieved via bergamot and bitter orange flowers; it's a masculine, slightly floral smell and I like it a lot. I would use this oil in place of a cologne as it likely lasts longer due to the oil base rather than an evaporating alcohol/water combination. It's very subtle, not overpowering.

Does it help my shaving? I've used straight olive oil as a cushion between my skin and blades and while it does soften the hairs and provide a bit of protection, I found it impeded the closeness of my shave and my razor didn't rinse as easily. I've tried this pre-shave oil with much the same results and so again, I would use this oil for its scent rather than as a shaving accessory. Some guys swear by shaving oils saying they make shaving much easier but I haven't had such great results. Rather than a pre-shave oil, I would think this would work well as a beard softener for everyday use for the bearded guy. (I don't have a beard and have not tried using it this way.)

The pump works very well and pumps probably twice as much as I need into my palm. A little goes a long way.

This stuff smells like magic. Not overpowering, but really good smelling. I am a woman and used it for my legs: I put it on before getting in the shower, and then used my Aveeno unscented shave gel. I had to use a lot of it since it was my whole legs (it doesn't seem like a man would go through it very quickly if he used it for his face.) It made it easier to shave and the razor didn't get overly gunky. My skin is very moisturized and soft now, and it smells great. The container is a pump bottle (with a lid) that squirts just a pea sized about at a time (a little goes a long way). The bottle is glass.

Downside: kind of expensive. However if you consider it in place of a perfume or cologne, it actually is decently priced. Especially if you're using it for your face, because it would likely last a couple of months at least.

I picked this for my boyfriend, so my review is more coming from his angle as far as shaving goes and my opinion as far as smoothness and scent goes.

Scent-wise, this is a fairly subtle scent. Before it was used I made sure to note the individual scent by itself to see what it was like. I was kind of pleased that it wasn't a strong scent, as this means that it could pair better with other, stronger scents. It would pretty much have to, if you're planning on using anything else while shaving or afterwards.

As far as shaving goes, this seemed to do well. My boyfriend reported an easy shave, but I'll note that his shave didn't seem any closer than usual. It also gunked up his razor, taking longer to clean out. Still, he really liked it and the scent paired with his normal shaving accouterments was very good.

Is this worth the ticket price? Well... not having tried a wide variety of shaving oils, neither my boyfriend nor I could really give an opinion on that. It's only relatively recently that he started enjoying "smelly stuff" as part of his daily routine due to me introducing him to various things and via the Dollar Shave Club, but he seems to really like it. It'd be worth checking out some cheaper versions just to make sure that it's the best out there.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    Inspired by the energy and warmth of the Mediterranean beaches, The Art of Shaving’s Bergamot & Neroli Pre-Shave Oil contains a premium blended aroma of uplifting and refreshing citrus notes, rounded with the sweet floral and fragrant bitter orange tree blossom. The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave are expertly crafted to achieve optimal shaving results. Each step is formulated to provide a close and comfortable shave while promoting healthy looking skin. Discover The Art of Shaving’s full grooming range formulated to suit your lifestyle. Bergamot & Neroli Pre-Shave Oil is formulated without synthetic dyes using a unique blend of botanical ingredients and pure Essential Oils.



    Bluntly put, I don't have a beard and my wife doesn't want me to grow one, ...so I won't. At most, I let my stubble accumulate over the weekend and then I shave it off Monday. I use an electric razor and dry shaving powder, so using this oil in a prep-stage isn't recommended.

    Why have it then? We'll, I've found it to be a terrific after-shave oil to lock in moisture after I've rinsed off my face. Castor oil is the primary ingredient, and this thick substance excels at creating a soothing barrier to the elements. It doesn't irritate my face, have an excessive shine, and it absorbs quickly. It also contains Olive oil and other fragrances/essential oils. I really like the crisp, citrusy aroma that mellows almost as soon as it makes contact with my skin.

    The jury is out it the cost is justified, but the ingredients for the most part seem wholesome and the Bergamot and Neroil scent does remind me of the tropics. Of course, The Art of Shaving wants you to purchase their complete line shaving solutions for optimal results, and that will currently set you back a Benjamin. The bold and classy striped box and label are reminiscent of 50s and 60s packaging, so this may make a good gift for someone who actually does maintain a beard.

    ~ Kort

    I'm a skeptic of accessory products that claim to make an activity better, but I'm beginning to believe this product actually does something. After using it several times I can definitely say my shaved skin feels uncannily soft and smooth. Is it just an additional layer of oil that goes into my skin and makes it feel smooth and soft to the touch, or does it actually do something to result in cutting off more of the whisker? I don't know, but my skin certainly not only feels super soft and smooth afterwards, I believe it takes longer for my beard to come back, too. I think I'll decide after I use up this bottle and decide if I want to buy more, but if you are looking for something to help give you a closer shave, I will recommend you give this a try.

    Note to the manufacturer: there's no way you can read the instructions on the bottle. Tiny white letters on a light green background on a small bottle? At least make the letters black.

    This is a marvelous pre-shaving oil with a refreshing fragrance. When I apply this before my cream, the razer just glides over my face.

    I've read a number of reviews complaining about razer gunk, so I want to address this. Swipe your face with the razer, rinse in the sink, then wipe the razer on your towel between each swipe. This will give you a nice, close shave and keep your razer clean. I like a very moisture-rich shave, so I actually use Pond's cream as my shave cream, which would totally gunk up my razer if not done correctly.

    This product line is called "The Art of Shaving" for a reason. This is not for your average "hungover and doing a quick once-over with Barbasol" type shaving experience. You might have to adjust your routine, but in my opinion the outcome is well worth it. Your face will thank you.

    First off, my hubby can sometimes be a man of few words...he likes this & said he was glad the scent wasn't overpowering. It softened his beard and his skin. I decided to try it too. I like the way it softens my legs; however, the scent isn't overpowering but it is masculine.
    The first ingredient is castor oil which moisturizes, softens & conditions your skin & hair -- so while you're shaving you're conditioning your skin & hair too.
    Instructions say to massage a small amount of the pre-shave oil onto your beard before shaving, then lather up with Art of Shaving Cream or Shaving Soap on top of the pre-shave oil, shave, then rinse. Follow up with Art of Shaving After-Shave Balm for even better results.

    My husband’s skin cuts very easily while shaving. He usually has to steam or apply hot washcloths to his face for what seems like an eternity to prepare his skin. This oil was a much easier and less time consuming solution. It smells very nice but is not overwhelming or lingering. My husband likes it and my four year old likes using it before he “shaves.” As part of an overall shaving gift it’s definitely a nice inclusion. I’d recommend.

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment