Thursday, August 1, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

J.R. Liggett Bar Shampoo, Virgin Coconut Aragan Oil, 3.5 Ounce (3 Pack)

J.R. Liggett Bar Shampoo, Virgin Coconut Aragan Oil, 3.5 Ounce (3 Pack)

These shampoo bars are not for everyone. If you are moving from traditional shampoo to more natural ones you'll have to adjust to the changes in your hair when using these types of products. Since your typical shampoo strips your hair of the natural oils, new users might feel like they have greasy hair, etc.

TIPS FOR NEW USERS:
RINSING - Rinse, rinse, rinse! Extra rinsing is crucial if you use natural shampoos, otherwise you'll feel like you have soap residue in your hair.
FOR LONG HAIR: I have long hair, so I cut off shavings of this bar (about 1/3 of the bar) and put it in an old pump soap dispenser, then added distilled water (or use purified). By doing this, a bar lasts me about a month, whereas it was lasting about 2 weeks before.
Being able to pump out the suds, instead of rub the bar all over my head also allowed me to shampoo more efficiently, without getting my hair all tangled up by working the actual bar of shampoo throughout.

-Pushing 50 (so encroaching dispersion of gray and coarser strands)
-Nearly waist length, semi-permanent color treated hair (yes I can still pull it off)
-Frequent heat styler (blow dryer, flat iron)
-Hair prone to dryness and humid weather frizz, takes forever to dry
-Slight natural wave (when I have the patience to wait several hours for it to air dry)

Several months ago I switched from conventional conditioners to argan oil applied to the lower 2/3 of my hair (coconut oil seems harder to control application-wise to avoid looking greasy). From this change alone, my hair seemed to feel and smell cleaner for an extra day or two, and to dry a bit more quickly. As I find the potentially endocrine-disrupting effects of many common ingredients to be fairly disturbing, and wasn't up to playing with a box of baking soda, Liggett's bar shampoo seemed appealing.

- I personally did not have to endure any kind of transition phase (maybe due to earlier cease & desist of conditioner?)
- It lathers differently than regular shampoo (but still lathers plenty)
- Stings my eyes a little bit (so kids may have issue)
- Hair feels a bit crunchy when wet, but not once dry
- I rinse with diluted Apple Cider Vinegar for Ph purposes- rinse this well so you don't smell like salad
- Next rub a couple drops of argan oil on hands and apply to lower portion of towel dried hair

Very happy with the results! My hair stays clean longer, absorbs less ambient odor (smoke, etc), and has become slightly less prone to frizz in humid weather. I can only speak for myself, but the Liggett's bar has been easier on my hair color than my former shampoo for color treated hair. I never had greasy hair, but until about five years ago, washed it daily, then every other day. I'm pretty fussy about germs and hygiene, yet have found it is only really necessary to wash my hair every 3 and sometimes 4 days, which is a real time saver on the drying and styling end. This regimen has not further dried out my hair, nor has it miraculously given me Pantene model hair, however the texture has improved, it has more body, and I've actually received a few compliments on my hair from random strangers lately, for the first time in many years...

Also, I gave a bar to a friend with super-greasy hair (possibly pregnancy related), and her hair has become much less greasy.
For the price, if you're curious enough to read reviews, give it a shot, know what differences to expect, and use it at least 4 or 5 times before arriving at a verdict.

This shampoo does not take out your natural oils in your hair and it is something to get used to. I ended up not needing to use conditioner anymore because my hair doesn’t really need it often anymore because the natural oils are not getting taken out. My hair did get oily the for the first bar but by my second I was fine. My hair was just getting used to having my natural oils back. I suggest this to anyone who wants to go greener. The price is nice as well.

After many years of using regular shampoo I made the switch to "no poo" about 3 years back. Ive tried many recipes, baking soda and viniger, castile, and expensive organic shampoos, but none seemed to do to do the trick. I wanted a natural shampoo that still gave a clean feeling with a little lather without the extra ingredients. I stumbled on JR Leggetts when considering Grandpas Old Fashion shampoo, and decided to give it a whirl. I was not dissappointed! Great long lasting bar that leaves my hair feeling clean while also producing a little lather! Its everything I wanted. No more dandriff or dry scalp.

I've tried solid shampoo before and not been very impress so I was hesitant. Also, being a curly haired girl I was hesitant about not conditioning. I decided to give this product I try because I discovered after countless hours in my Allergist's office that I am allergic to the preservatives in most other shampoos and coniditioners and this natural shampoo is an absolute godsend for me. I love it! It keeps my curls bouncy and light without making them feel like they've been chemically stripped. I need very little extra product on my hair after washing, which is great because most other hair products also have the preservatives I'm allergic to in them. Also, the natural fragrance from the oils is great. I would highly recommend this shampoo! I might even try the other scents when this one runs out.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • No Fragrance Added
  • Non GMO

Description

Refresh your shower and shave routine with this amazing bar shampoo virgin coconut argan oil from J.R. Liggett. This old-fashioned formula was discovered in an old New England cookbook by the Liggett family who has since been creating these all-natural, safe-to-use bath products. Its unique formulation lathers and quickly cleans, leaving you with healthy, beautiful results. This sulfate-free product is safe to use on all hair and skin types with no risk of irritation. Enjoy this old-fashioned recipe with your family.



I've been trying to cut down on my landfill contributions and had been intrigued by shampoo bars, so I decided to give one a try. I chose this particular one of the overall rating and the fact it has argon oil, something that seems to help my very fine hair.

Do repeat, ultra fine, straight, normal oil level hair. I do not know how this will work out for women with very thick or curly hair.

Once it came in the mail I decided that I may as well try using only it and not conditioner since they all come in the same plastic bottles I am trying to cut down on.

It did take a week or so of washings to get all the buildup out of my hair from other products.

I rub the bar into my hair until it starts to lather, then scrub my scalp and work it into my hair as usual, but before rinsing I gently and gradually work my fingers through my hair like I would with a conditioner. Rinsing only takes a second as there isn't a lot of residue with this bar. I brush my hair gently after I get out of the shower, and then let it air dry. I give this information so that women with different beauty routines or hair types can decide how much my review is likely to apply to them and their routine.

After it has dried, my hair is soft and very manageable. I actually "shed" a fraction of what I used to, both in the shower and in regular brushing. My hair also seems much, much stronger, like when I am pulling in a stray hair, I can hear the ones its caught on stretching just a fuzz and then snapping back into line instead of breaking.

I wash my hair every other day, it used to be kind of oily and funky after the second day with bottled products. Now I could honestly push it to a third day because I am not messing with my hairs normal oil balance.

I give this a solid 5 stars, and am actually viewing it now to reorder.

If you're looking into going ''no poo" this is THE place to start. After doing research, I realized the baking soda and ACV method wasn't good for my hair. I came across recommendations of shampoo bars, so I decided to order safe and cheap for my first try. This bar left my hair completely clean feeling in the shower. Now, I did continue to use conditioner because although the bar does leave your hair soft, it doesn't untangle thin straggly hair. Conditioner is a must for me, but this shampoo bar alone will leave you with clean soft hair. Mine lasts at least two days, three on a good week. Highly recommend!

I'm African American with very curly mid back length 3c hair. I just swipe it a few times at my roots and it lathers nicely when I massage my scalp. I follow this with Pantene deep conditioner or any moisturizing conditioner. My hair detangles easily after washing with this bar. It also makes my curls clump very nicely. That's a bonus to me but it could potentially make naturally straight hair appear stringy.

The bar does make my hair feel a little squeaky right after washing but using conditioner gets rid of that issue. My hair is extremely soft and bouncy once it dries. This bar leaves my hair full of body and my curls are more defined and with a nice sheen. It makes my styling products more effective as well. I only wash my hair every 5 days or so but could go longer if I wanted to.

This bar does a good job of cutting through product buildup too. I add a variety of oils and butters to most of my hair products. This bar removes almost everything with no problem. Just one lather gets the job done. No need to "rinse and repeat". :) Make sure to rinse thoroughly though.

First time I used this product my hair felt very sticky... Got me a little worried... But the second wash and after blowing drying my hair felt and looked great. My curls hold well too!! Just a tip do not use conditioner or your hair will feel heavy. The only thing I did not like about this product is that it burned my eyes the first time using this product!! If this product works better than Lush than I will be a happy girl!!

I wish I had found this years ago. I have very thick, coarse hair that likes to get frizzy and puffy if I don't straighten or curl it deliberately. Now that I use this shampoo bar, my hair is smoother, immensely more manageable, and I've been getting compliments a lot! For the first time in my life, I'm able to wear my hair down without doing anything to it. My hair looks and feels so much healthier (less dry at the ends, you can tell your hairs natural oils haven't been stripped away).

With regards to the waxy feeling others have mentioned, you just need to rinse it more than traditional shampoo. The first few times I used it, I didn't wash it out enough and my hair looked a little greasy when it dried... but either I've started rinsing better or it took a few washes for my scalp to adjust, and now I don't get the greasiness. Also, my favorite part is that I don't need to use conditioner anymore... saves so much time in the shower. This stuff is amazing and I'm never going back to real shampoo.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment