Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Etude House Tint My Brows Gel 5g (#3 Gray Brown)

Etude House Tint My Brows Gel 5g (#3 Gray Brown)

Really like this stuff. I got the Gray Brown because the others all seem to have a reddish undertone. I love love love this when left on for 2 hours, super soft looking, taupe colored almost, and VERY pretty. Lasted all day for me until I scrubbed them off, although probably would have been good for another day or two had I left them on. Would have been 5 stars but sleeping with the tint on overnight made the color a LOT darker. It's not bad, but def not as good as it was when left on for a couple hours. I was hoping this could be something I did at night, before a busy day, then just *magically* wake up with brows, but Im not sure Ill sleep with it on again because of how dark it got. Also because of my tossing and turning, I ripped off the tail of my brow in my sleep. PICTURES SHOWN ARE WHEN LEFT ON FOR 2 HOURS.

Not sure how long it will last if you don't purposefully wash them off like I did. Seems it will last at least 2-3 days. NOTE: I know some women opt to not fill in the front of their brows with this at all, but I have a huge patchy spot on the front of one of my brows (not really noticeable in the first picture but def noticeable in person) and the other side is just bald in front altogether, so what I did is filled them all the way in, then peeled the tint off the front of my brows after 1 hr. Made it a tiny bit lighter. I'm no brow guru and I struggle with these unruly caterpillars on my face on a daily basis. Usually, I don't make them as blocky as in the pictures, but it was difficult not to with this stuff. Hopefully Ill learn some tricks the more I use it. Overall, I WILL purchase again.

Honestly this is 100% worth the price. I ordered this after finding it on Pinterest. I watched a LOT of reviews and first impressions on YouTube, some good n others a disaster. I found a lot of bad reviews especially this color- "gray brown" turning orange. I swatched a little on my wrist first to make sure I didn't have any reaction. I applied to my brows per the instructions- no products on my brows and applied very thick. It peeled off painlessly and effortlessly. The color was true to the discription. It actually matched the brow powder I use to a tee which I am forever thankful since I'm currently blonde/silver and I can't really budge on the color of my brows without looking ridiculous. But I have to say FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. I found it turns orange when you wash your face where the product was applied before the 24 hour minimum or NO PUTTING IT ON THICK ENOUGH. The swatch on my wrist QUICKLY faded to orange n my brows are still looking wonderful. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the smell. A lot of people said they liked the smell, describing it as a "perfume", but I found it to smell like a weird baby powder. It wasn't really a bad smell, just a little over powering after smelling it for 2+ hours. It's definitely worth a try for the price!

I'm impressed with this eyebrow tint. I've tried no-name brands of peel-off eyebrow tint before and they just didn't work very well. This one tints very dark and evenly. It's darker than I would pencil or powder my brows in so I only leave it on for 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure what would happen if I left it overnight or for 2 hours even..maybe just be more long lasting? It's been 3 days and the arch area is starting to fade so I pencilled that in but 3 days later, the tint is still mostly on and dark. I think this is very convenient for vacations. You can put on your brows on Friday and still have them on Monday.

I will always have this on stand by in case I want to guarantee my brows for the next few days.

It's goopy and not that easy to put on. It sticks and tracks and I end up with stray marks all around my brows. I just finish and take a Q tip and wipe away the excess. It's easy to make sure they're the correct shape with a Q tip

Hmm, definite learning curve here but useful once you've gotten the hang of it- if the color works for you! Oh and it gives you hysterical villain eyebrows when applied that will throw others for a loop!
Tips that helped me 1. Make sure to apply enough that you will be able to peel off the tint. 2. You can clean up with a pointed q-tip immediately after applying (or start over with a makeup remover wipe) if you mess up but don't let it sit... some have made it sound like as soon as it hits your face it's game over (buzzfeed) but that's not the case. Do your cleanup work quickly), 3. I recommend trialing on a weekend/time when you won't see others in case it's way darker than you planned for or you can't color in the lines (no judgement- I can't always either). 4. If you're worried it will be too dark leave it on for about 3 hours the first time, not overnight. 5. You cannot use moisturizer, makeup remover, etc. on it for at least 24 hours after applying or it won't last. You can of course use brow powder, pencils (but won't be able to remove those until the time has passed).
Once you have the hang of it this can be reapplied every 3-4 days to give you a good brow base and save some time.

I love this stuff!!! I had such a hard time shaping and filling in my brows, they were really scarce in some spots so filling in and shaping always took forever and I could never make them even. I used a stencil with this stop hell give it a good shape and voila!!! Awesome brows that weren't uneven and perfectly filled in! This stuff saved me time doing my makeup because I wasn't having to fill in my brows all the time. Lasted about 3 days before needing to reapply.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    What it is:New-concept eyebrow gel tint that makes eyebrow makeup last longa after removing the tint. Water Alcohol Butylene glycol POLYVINYL ALCOHOL Dihydroxyacetone PVP 12-hexanediol Yellow 6 (CI 15985) POLYSORBATE 80 Sodium Chloride Fragrance Phenoxyethanol RED 33 (CI 17200) Citric Acid Blue 1 (CI 42090) Disodium EDTA Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Tocopheryl Acetate Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract Lilium Tigrinum Extract Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract Centella Asiatica Extract 1) After trimming the eyebrows without applying skincare product or makeup apply a liberal amount according to the desired shape of the eyebrow. (Apply a liberal amount to remove the pack easily.) 2) Dry for at least 2 housr. For stronger coloration apply before going to bed at night and remove the next morning. 3) After drying completely remove slowly starting from the tail of the eyebrow. (Do not remove the pack forcibly since it may pull out the eyebrow.) 4) Do not use a cleansing product (product with detergency) or apply force on the eyebrow area within 24 hours of using the product.



    I was worried that this might be hard to apply evenly and that I'd have crooked brows stained into my skin for days, but it's really pretty forgiving. You have a few minutes to add or subtract before it starts to set up, so you can easily wipe away mistakes with a damp q-tip. The stain looks quite natural, as long as you don't go too heavy trying to paint in the head of the brow.

    You can definitely leave this on overnight if you let it set for ~10 minutes, and your pillowcase will be fine. An application Sunday night gets me through most of the work week, with some pencil or powder coming back into play by Thursday or Friday. I will say that having the stain there makes it very easy to touch up when it starts to fade.

    The one less ideal thing is that the gel has a strong scent--not a bad scent, necessarily, but quite noticeable for as long as you have the gel on, even when it's dry. Not a dealbreaker, though, and I do plan to repurchase.

    Wife here! I love this product - like I don't know how I lived without it kind of way. My brows are a good shape but so thin. They grow long and sparse essentially and this product is a great alternative to filling them in but maybe more importantly, it allows me to be make up free and still have brows. I can't say I follow the instructions to a T, but I get three days tops on the application (I only let it sit for about 3 hours and I am not a stickler with avoiding them when cleansing, so like I said I don't stick to the recommended application process). That being said, it's more than enough for me and minor issue. The product does seem to have a grey tone when first applied and it does fade to an odd sienna color. Easily avoided by not leaving it on too long and doing another application when it's needed. You can take off the sienna color with simply micellar water or I'd imagine any type of cleansing product. Additionally, it does coagulate after being opened for awhile and with the lengthy shipping time, I advise trying it once with one tube and if you like, immediately order a two more. All in all it is great product!

    I will definitely buy this again!!! It was so easy to use and doesn't look ridiculous. It's easy to fix mistakes with a q-tip before it dries or a baby wipe after. I tried wunderbrow and looked like a clown. This stuff looks so much more natural. I have dark brown hair and ordered the ash brown color because I didn't want the orangey brown color I wanted it dark like my actual brows. It's perfect.

    **UPDATE: so I spoke too soon. While this stuff is great the first day for about 2 days following are not. This stuff leaves an orangey stain on your skin that won't come off, like Henna. I love this stuff except for that. I couldn't get it off or cover it up so I give 4 stars.

    This stuff is cool! Not only did it work, but it was really fun. It's easy to use and easy to clean up if you make a mistake. It also makes you look like a hilarious cartoon while it's drying, which is great for Snapchat. I bought the "Gray Brown" color and I think it may actually be too dark, but I prefer that to a lighter brown. I've included before and after pictures.

    Here's what I did: First I brushed up the hairs to make sure I got the goo underneath them. Then I applied a thick layer of the goo. By the way, it is very goopy, but that's actually kind of nice because it makes it easier to use and it doesn't drip. I shaped my brows the way I wanted using the applicator, cleaned up any mistakes with micellar water on a q-tip and let it sit for about 3 hours while I did other stuff. When I got bored of it I peeled it off slowly from the middle to the ends, pulling at a sideways angle and going slow. That was it! So easy.

    I'm taking away a star because it did pull out 6 hairs (3 from each brow), and it doesn't seem like it'll stay for longer than a day (it comes off about 75% with micellar water). Neither of those things are deal breakers though - I'm sure I lose more eyebrow hairs washing my face, and I don't want anything permanent. Definitely a fun way to spend a few hours, and my brows do look pretty great.

    I have sparse, patchy eyebrows. I hate the way they look, but I also hate caking makeup on them every day. I’ve been considering microblading, but have heard that there are a lot of sketchy “technicians” out there doing poor work.

    Fortunately, that’s off the table for now. This stuff is great! I’m still getting the hang of applying it just right, but it lasts for about 3-4 days. I have light skin and hair and chose the gray-brown because I hate reddish tones on my brows. I leave it on for two hours and call it done.

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment