Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Dual Action Beard Comb & Protective Sleeve - Perfect for Balms and Oils - Sandalwood Scent, Fine/Coarse Tooth - Premium EDC Case and Gift Box Included

Dual Action Beard Comb & Protective Sleeve - Perfect for Balms and Oils - Sandalwood Scent, Fine/Coarse Tooth - Premium EDC Case and Gift Box Included

You need one of these if your beard is more than stubble and especially if it is long. I have tried a lot of stuff over the last three years and don't have a uniform length beard(cheeks are short and the goat is long). My tool kit - Andis barber clippers and liner, Tweezerman pro barber scissors, beard oil - level rose is my current favorite (never shampoo or soap your beard, just rinse with hot water, it's different than the hair on your head), and a basic double blade Gillette disposable for the edges (have a straight razor for special occasions, but you need to take your time with that).

Didn't realize the last key pieces I was missing until I got this comb and a soft boar bristle brush. There is no static created by this comb. I used to use a drugstore comb and my beard was always a little wild and curly and I just thought it was me. Straighten yourself out with this bad boy for any beard longer than a 1/4". Use a soft boar bristle brush over everything for an amazing polish. Never understood why my Dad always had boar bristle brush until now. Since using the comb and brush this week, my hairstylist, almost every girl in my office, and a couple guys too, have told me how good my beard looks. A couple used the word FIERCE. I agree.

See pics for my beard and current tool kit.

I bought this beard comb along side the Rocky Mountain Sandalwood comb and while this is a good comb, I prefer the latter. This comb was shipped to me in a nice box with a canvass bag. I did not get the Leather protective sleeve, but would have much rather preferred that. The comb is a little big (but not large by any means) and possesses two sizes of tines on either side of the comb. At first I thought this was a plus, but soon I found myself only using the smaller side. The comb is supposedly made of sandalwood, but I felt like it didn't retain its fragrance like a true sandalwood comb would. I bought this comb as an entryway into good beard maintenance, but quickly found myself not using it in favor of other combs. When I first bought the comb it was $18 and now it's only $14. If this is your first comb I suggest you go ahead with it or look at a Rocky Mountain comb. This comb performs as expected, but didn't exactly exceed my expectations, so only 4 stars.

This thing is very useful. Once your past the point of just brushing this thing has you covered from then on out. You can start with the thinner teeth and as your beard grows more you transition to the larger teeth. Now I start with the wide teeth for the de-tangle then go to the fine for a nice straight comb through.

It really is sandalwood and smells great and works better than my Kent combs. Truly. The Kent's are fantastic but for very curly beard types like myself, I find the Kent pulls out more hairs no matter how gently you comb. This pulls out about 80% less hair for me on every use.

It also doesn't get product all over it as it seems to more or less season the comb since it's wood. My Kent would have product on it no matter how little I use. Bear oil? On the Kent. Beard balm? On the Kent. Not on this one. It seems better about leaving the product in my beard and always makes my beard look straight and full after use.

I have also gave it a perma-home in my back pocket in the leather sleeve that comes with it. No broken teeth after 5 weeks. That office chair, booths, metal chairs, car seats, carpet, couches, grass, benches, and picnic tables. Heck if it DID break, I wouldn't even be mad as it would have to be very situational for me to sit on something and actually manage to break it.

Comes in a nice box (I kept it) and is in my highest regards as a gift to give. Everything I have bought from "Hundred Beard Co." has been outstanding. Seriously, it's so good after buying I felt confident nothing was better. And that's saying a lot with how many beard combs are on offer.

Lets face it if your looking at this beard comb review you have the same problem that all of us have... You need a beard comb. So I've read all kinds of reviews and tried all types of combs and it boiled down to for me was the type of material it was made of. I choose this one because it works great on my tangled unruly long beard on bad a day or just grooming on other days. It's strong enough that it won't flex and has 2 options I like. One is the fine teeth for grooming on my good days and the other is the course teeth for my tangled beard it works for me. As far as the beard balms, beard oils etc. it works great gliding right through it unlike the plastic combs that drag or pull at your hair. Also the plastic combs seem to remain greasy or oily even after you try to clean them unless you use a strong chemical cleaner. Wood on the other hand will benefit from the beard oils to help to protect and condition the comb. Simply wipe the wood comb off on a dry towel and put it away.

This is a fantastic beard comb. It feels great to use it on either side. You can also use it on your head if your hair is short like mine. It has a "classy" feel to it since it's sort of credit card sized instead of long like a traditional comb (which would be lame AF to whip out in public and use on your face in public). This one, on the other hand, is a pretty cool accessory and sometimes a good conversation starter (even in public, which I actually recommend).

One last compliment, and it's a weird one, but this thing smells good. It's made of some sort of rare Chinese wood. I forgot what they call it, but it has a very nice scent to it which you will notice when combing your stash.

Extra star for the fine packaging and leather sleeve for pocket carry.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Designed to give you maximum grooming precision regardless of beard type.
  • Like stepping into high school woodshop for the first time again.
  • Put down your plastic comb, there's a new kid on the block.

Description

Made thicker to withstand daily wear and tear. Made for life.



Quite the handy little comb to have in your pocket. I used to carry around a folding 87T fine tooth in my pocket, and I'd carry around a SS beard opener (corse tooth comb and bottle opener) in my trucks center console. (I won't mention the brand, it's not about either of them). But, this little comb is great, no flaws with mine whatsoever. It's especially handy after I get done volunteering on the farm. I'll towel off before I hop in the truck, and then run both sides through my beard and I'm good to go pick up some beer on the way home. Well, minus the dirt, B.O., and horse manure smell. But....the beard still looks exquisite.

I attached a picture of the comb I received. I got bored and filled in the routing with a fine tipped Sharpie pen.

Wow is the only way to describe this comb. This is an experience only adding to the enjoyment of shaving for a man. The hefty feel, solid construction, smell of wood wafting into your nostrils as you comb your beard. Add your beard oil directly tonthe prongs and it ebenly distributes plus adds to the scent you are already enjoying. This is not a small comb, for the price the size, quality and experience are bar none. Before and after receiving the comb I was emailed by the seller to ensure complete satisfaction. When I replied they responded (a rarity as usually their email is a non checked one). I would absolutely buy this again should I be in need however I expect this to last many years, if I don't lose it or damage it, even a decade or more...its just that well made. They include a nice bag with it should you need to carry shaving products when doing light travel.

The look of this is a green tint due to the wood, but it is such a striking comb I decided to make it a display piece in my bathroom. I used the bag inside the box and I lay the comb on top of it, easy to reach as needed and pleasant to look at otherwise. This is one of those wow products for a wow price.

Got this to straighten my hair in the afternoon or just to help intch under the hair without using my nails. The larger side works good in a pinch for my head hear too. The case is nice for times when i use the comb, but still have beard oil in as I can just put the comb away without getting oil on anything. The smell of the wood is nice (if not a bit strong when I first unpacked it, but has since died down to a good level). The teeth are as straight as need be. Would def. consider more products from this brand. Thank you.

I’m new to the beard game. My beard has just recently gotten to the length that requires grooming to keep it from being an unruly mess. I looked at and read reviews of several beard combs on Amazon before settling on HBC’s comb. They all seem pretty similar and would probably all perform the job adequately. Reading the reviews I kept reading about how guys would keep the box the comb came in. Well I got mine and sure enough, the box IS really nice. It’s just a box but the quality of the box says a lot about the comb that came with it. It’s made of scented Sandalwood. The dual action works great at smoothing and styling my beard. I’m sure it will continue to do so as my beard grows longer. The protective leather sleeve is also of high quality and very functional. I carry my comb/sleeve in a coat pocket or the back pocket of my jeans. I love the comb and will definitely look at other products from HBC as I know I’ll be receiving a quality product at a great price.

I would never thought I could get excited about using a comb in my beard. My wife is amused by how often I use it and I guess somewhat surprised to see me using something like this. Not in my character at all. my beard needed some t.l.c. With this and some oil/balm, it is getting it. This being my first product like this, I can not really compare to similar products. But, compared to the plastic el-cheapo combs, this is like night and day with the quality. Great job. Nice carry/storage case. Aroma is wonderful. Really helping with me getting the conditioners worked in, without hurting my beard.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment