Sunday, August 4, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

BeardScape Beard and Hair Trimmer

BeardScape Beard and Hair Trimmer

I've trimmed my head, beard and body for my entire adult life (I'm 42) so I've had a few trimmers, some were ok, some not and I know what I'm talking about.

Presentation:

The Beardscape arrived in a nice, magnetic opening box that you can reuse to store it and its accessories or you can use it to store other stuff. Each compartment comes covered with cardboard lids printed with the shapes of the parts underneath it. In it you'll find the Beardscape, two combs with two different lengths each, a charging base, a long USB power cord, an iPhone-like 110-220 Volt power adapter, a brush, a bottle of oil, a small instruction booklet and a warranty card.

Design and construction:

The Beardscape is made of high quality plastics in light and dark grey tones, the blades are made of ceramic for the moving blade and titanium for the static blade. The static blade has smooth, rounded teeth. It has an adjustment lever to change the height of the cutting blade from 1 to 1.9 millimeters in 4 steps for very precise cutting lengths. It has a rocker switch to change the speed of the motor between 5000 and 7000 RPMs in 4 steps and a power on/off button. At the bottom of the Beardscape is an LCD screen where you can see the speed setting, the remaining battery time, an indicator to oil the blades, another to show if it is plugged and charging and a burden meter to show if the blades are moving freely or not.

The Beardscape feels hefty and solid in the hand with no creaks when you grab it firmly, the blade height lever has firm locking positions and the rocking lever and on/off switch have a nice, clicky action with no rattle.

Usage:

After charging the battery for the first time and turning it on, the sound of the motor makes you wonder if it will be powerful enough, even at the highest speed it sounds less than half as loud as my one year old Phillips Multigroom but as soon as you start cutting you realize that it is not underpowered as it cuts decisively and without pulling hairs even at its lowest speed. It is a strange feeling for the first few uses that this thing that vibrates so little and is so quiet, cuts as well and with such precision.

The Beardscape can be used wirelessly with the integrated lithium battery or plugged to the wall with the power adapter and USB cable which plugs to the charging stand or directly to the trimmer.
The battery lasts a long time and I hope that with good care it will stay this way. Lithium batteries are very different from standard Ni-Mh or the older Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries, they are very powerful and could even be dangerous if not cared for properly but with basic care they can have a long life and are perfectly safe. They don't like to be totally discharged or overcharged but they don't have a memory-effect so try to keep the Beardscape in a medium state of charge, it is ok to charge it completely and let it run out from time to time but try to keep it between 20-80% of charge, especially when storing it. Don't leave it charging on its stand or at least disconnect the stand so the battery is not kept at 100% charge all the time.

The blades have to be oiled from time to time to reduce friction and maximize battery life but the choice of titanium and ceramic already reduce friction and heat. Trimming my head, beard and neck at a medium speed for 30 minutes barely produces any heat on the blades or the motor. Comparing again to my Phillips Multigroom, the blades of the Phillips get quite hot in this amount of time.

It is not waterproof or even splash proof but if it were, you would have to oil the blades more frequently. This is the only thing that I think that could be improved in a future model.

Conclusion:

As I wrote in the title of this review, this is by far the best trimmer I've had by far. It is a solid, high quality product with great design and good choice of materials. It feels much more expensive than what it costs, I recommend it highly.

I've hade the Brio Beardscape for about six weeks now and have used it several times; enough, I think, to know what I like and don't about this trimmer. To give a bit of context to my review I'll say that my beard is pretty tough, doesn't grow in straight and is salt and pepper (more salt, lately). I like to keep it somewhere between a long stubble and very short beard, with no hard, defined lines, yet graduated in a way that looks natural and balances my face (sorry if that's TMI).

The good: as others have noted, the Beardscape has sharp blades. It gives a nice clean cut. No broken hairs or "barbs." The motor is strong and quiet. The battery's charge lasts a long time. The display is good except for the "burden" which I found out is always lit while the Beardscape is running. The blade adjustment feature is really nice, and is a very good idea. It's a nice looking trimmer that feels solid in my hand. And the packaging is well done (small details like this can say a lot about a product).

The less good: I have two main issues with the. Beardscape; the width of the head and the guide comb attachments. The head on this trimmer is wide, almost half again as wide as the Norelco 7300 I've been using for about 6 years. It makes it difficult for me to follow both the contours of my face and the growth pattern of my beard in an even manner (unless I go shorter than I want - under 3mm - which is the reason I bought a new trimmer in the first place). The other main issue I have is that the guild comb (I use the shorter side of the smaller comb) leaves a gap in any position other than with the blade set to its closest setting; which can let hairs get caught, which pulls and hurts. The guide combs do snap into place, but not as easily as they could and because both the comb and trimmer are dark, it makes it difficult to see if the pins are seated in their slots; there is no guide on the topside of the comb to line up. It's trial and error. I had no issue popping the head off to clean, though getting it back in is a little trickier - a little trickier.

The folks at brio were quick to answer my question about the "burden" indicator. This is a much better trimmer than my old norelco (though I like the vacuum). With practice I have learned that the angle I hold the trimmer at can compensate for some of my issues, though that goes against the instructions. Overall I like the Brio Beardscape, but I wanted to love it.

This is the best beard trimmer I have ever used. I usually stick to the Wahl brand but this thing is cordless, adjustable blade height, and adjustable power settings. I couldn't be more pleased.

This trimmer is absolutely AMAZING!! I've spent a TON of time researching trimmers and deciding which one would be the best for my beard. Then saw someone recommending this on YouTube and decided to give it a go.

And it's A-MA-ZING!!!

Frankly, maybe I should just consider that it's brand new, and that's why it's super sharp.. but it was trimming my beard the way a hot knife cuts into butter :)

Before it I tried cordless trimmer from Brown and corded trimmer by Wahl.. but I don't remember feeling THAT excited about using them for the first time.

So yeah, I highly recommend it. I guess this is my first product review at Amazon in many years.. and it probably means something that I took the time to write my praises to this product here :)

I pretty much never write reviews, but this trimmer is just outstanding. I've been through many budget trimmers in my life and just recently upgraded to one of the pricier braun models. I was resigned that maybe uneven trims were just par for the course. Slightly drunk and fed up with the beard I decided to purchase this. I shaved the night before with a 5mm guard, today when my package arrived I attached the 9mm guard expecting to need to move to the 6mm. To my shock almost a quarter beard worth of hair fell into the sink. Should have made this purchase years ago and saved some money. Glad I no longer need the scissors to finish the job.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Low friction ceramic blade - 4 times harder than stainless steel
  • Extra-large Li-Ion battery with up to 4 hours of runtime per charge
  • Extremely quiet
  • Quick charge - gets a full charge in 3 hours
  • Five speed settings and digital battery life display

Description

Face and hair trimmerThe Brio Beardscape is the ultimate tool to manage your beard from 5 o'clock shadow to 5-month masterpiece! The Beardscape perfects the stubble-look with the integrated 1.0 to 1.9 mm blade height adjustment and if you're looking for a longer length the Beardscape comes with a 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm and 18mm length guard. It comes equipped with 5 speed settings, responsive controls and an informative display all wrapped up in a compact size. The ceramic blade is 4 times harder than stainless steel, creates less friction and heat and is quieter than metal. The Beardscape is one of the quietest trimmers available! The titanium rake is precision ground to match perfectly with the ceramic blade. Charge the Beardscape in the base or plug it in while you use it but with a ridiculously long battery life, your trimming will never be cut short. The Beardscape makes an excellent hair trimmer and is perfect for any manscaping project. For the Beard and Beyond.



Per headline, the trimmer works well and the battery life is impressive - I've owned it 6 months and the charge has barely dropped. I am probably a light user, use it maybe once a week. At first I was really pleased with how it never tugged on my beard and was running it at the lower speed setting but then it started to so I kicked it up to the highest setting. This seemed to solve that problem. I find the micro adjustments a bit confusing when you put one of the guards on - what micro setting should you use to get the length of cut it says on the guard? There is nothing in the very minimal instructions to explain this. After some experimentation I believe you need to have it on the 1.9mm setting to get the length specified by the guard.
The real issue I have with this razor is that because of the high speed it just sprays your cut whiskers everywhere ... and I mean everywhere. I've taken to keeping my vacuum cleaner near the bathroom because that's the only way you can really collect all the tiny hairs that are spread all over your bathroom counter. Today I realized they were also all over the mirror. What the heck? This is a good razor but it should have a built in vacuum or something to collect all the whiskers instead of creating such a mess.

I bought this beard trimmer after having gone through 2 vacuum trimmers over the past 6 years. I can't decide what I like best about it because everything is amazing. It's super powerful, insanely quiet, and you don't need to run it on full speed to get a good trim. I trimmed my beard using the 6mm guide and was able to fine tune it out to 7-8mm using the adjustable slider on the trimmer. I've never had a trim more even. The blades are sharp but forgiving without the guard and I was able to shave my neck with this, something I've never been able to do with any other beard trimmer. It is not waterproof, but cleaning it with the brush is easy because hair doesn't get stuck anywhere inside the blade part. It's really solidly built, nothing rattles, and the display is clear and easy to read. If you are ready for a haircut quality beard trimmer at an affordable price this is the one to get.

This beard trimmer is the real deal! I’ve had various cheap ones over the years and last year bought myself what I thought was a good one but it pulled, didn’t cut well, and had a million attachments. The Brio Beardscape is a fine tuned machine, the ceramic blade glides and cuts so nicely, it charges quickly, nice and quiet compared to others. I wasn’t sure of the guards but these are ideal the two sides in one cuts down on clutter. Stop buying cheap trimmers thinking they are all the same this thing proves they aren’t.

Received my trimmer in the mail yesterday !! Was perfect timing as it was due for a clean up !! Let just start by saying I love the feel of this trimmer fits nicely in the hand !! As for my neck line and cheekline it worked amazing !!! Using the lowest setting of 1.6 it is able to get a nice close shave to the skin !! I was also able to use to for my mustache for the hairs curling in past my upper lip !! Other reviews said that it was Difficult with this trimmer as it has a full size blade area unlike most trimmers out there ... well let me just say that wasn’t the case for me as it is easily maneuverable!! I can honestly say I love this trimmer !! And hope it continues to please ... I have not use the guards yet but once my beard Resches a decent length I will post an update !! Overalll great trimmer !!

Update to five star, because 18 months out from my original purchase, I had a problem with my trimmer that was probably my fault, and their customer service had my back, no-questions-asked. They delivered a replacement part to me within three days, and were a breeze to work with. I really like this trimmer and I really like their customer support.

Original review: Well built; battery lasts a long time, data readout is great. One minor quibble. You have to push the detent switch to lengthen the fine adjustment, but not to shorten it. It should be the opposite. It’s better to accidentally not cut enough than to slip up and accidentally cut too much.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment