Monday, June 3, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Remington PG6171 The Crafter: Beard Boss Style and Detail Kit, Beard Trimmer, Grooming Set (11 Pieces), Platinum

Remington PG6171 The Crafter: Beard Boss Style and Detail Kit, Beard Trimmer, Grooming  Set (11 Pieces), Platinum

I've used shower trimmers for many years - it's so convenient to shave my head and beard in the shower, been doing so for many years. I've been using the Remington since April, and it is far and away the best one I've tried. (The other's I've tried are ok, but have their foibles. They are: Panasonic ER224S Men's Cordless Wet/Dry Hair, Beard and Body Electric Trimmer and Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100, BG2040.)

Outstanding features:

* Battery life far beyond anything else I've tried - lasts several weeks of daily use, always on high speed. And charges very quickly!
* It shaves well - never any nicks but shaves close, for a trimmer, and compact, easy to get to where I need.
* Nifty attachments - nose and ear trimmer design is really good, works well. I haven't tried the foil head, curious about that.
* I found a simple arrangement that gets the length I want for my partial beard, but there's a lot of options including an adjustable head if you need.
* Compact - easy to include in my travel kit, even with charging cord (which I usually don't need).
* Seems kinda bullet-proof simple. The blade assembly doesn't have space to gather residue, so little or no cleaning is required.

The general quality of operation together with the extreme run between charging, topped off with the compactness and generally fine design and accessories makes it a real win, and this an unreserved recommendation.

I purchased this to replace an aging Braun Cruzer. I have owned about 6 trimmers, and am surprised how good this trimmer is. The blade is good quality, and you can tell when you use it. It creates razor sharp lines, and cuts to the set length on the first pass over the area. Since it is advertised as waterproof, it imply that the blades must be stainless steel. The battery is great, and will not come close to being depleted after using on and off for a half an hour. It is advertised with a 3 hour runtime, and it appears to be not far from the truth. The attachments are well designed, and hold their settings well while being used (I've seen the length setting slip on cheap trimmers when a lot of pressure is applied). It would be nice if it came with a charging stand, but overall this is a great unit, and a bargain for the price. Recommended.

** UPDATE **
I have been using this now for 2 weeks. The battery lasts a long time, and the motor has plenty of power. The real difference is the quality of the blades, which are excellent. I am very impressed with this trimmer. Compared with the past couple that I've owed, this is a pleasure to use, and the results are noticeably better.

I use this to trim my beard and mustache. Compared to a Norelco trimmer I bought a year or so ago, this one is far better. The Norelco had a vacuum built in but that made it too big and bulky at the head to trim under the nose, clean up the mustache, etc and it just didn't do a good job of getting stray hairs or reducing bulk. To be fair, it was a bit different setup that did not have various trimmer heads like this Remington. This trimmer is great. Two speeds. The main trimmer attachment works great for shaping and does a great job of reducing bulk using one of the attachable black combs. I like the separate black ones better than the clear adjustable one. Much easier to see what I'm doing with the smaller pop-on black ones. The small detail trimmer is great for stray hairs under the nose and for trimming mustache along your upper lip and beard below your lower lip. The little foil shaver didn't do much for me and I have not tried the nose/ear/eyebrow trimmer yet, as I don't have any bushes growing out of those areas yet and my eyebrows don't look like Abe Vigoda's. I'm very happy with this trimmer and the price was great-about $32 with the 20% off coupon.

The Crafter:
- has smaller heads with more of an angle; this is nice because it makes doing details easier.
- has an LED which flashes when your battery is low.
- has a turbo mode if you press the on switch again. Turbo mode is not a gimmick. Usually first I shave with the main head, and then Turbo mode over everything once to make sure everything is clean shaven. When the blade is cutting at such a high rpm it makes it glide noticeably smoother across the skin.
- cuts closer to the skin with the main head. This could be because I used the PG6025 for a long time which made it dull over time, but I feel The Crafter simply does a better job of shaving.
- has attachment points with a larger diameter, making them more snug when you switch a head.
- makes less noise. It still makes noise, just less.
- has a longer battery life.
- is heavier. This isn’t a positive or negative thing to me, just something I noticed.

Because I normally maintain some sort of facial hair style, my most used head is the detail trimmer. The only thing I liked more about the PG6025 is the elongated shape of the detail trimmer is much better in my opinion; it’s a bit easier than The Crafter’s detail trimmer.

At my age, I've had many beard trimmers from each of the major brands. When my last one stopped taking a charge, I went back on the web and found this Beard Boss model. Made the switch from Wahl to Remington, and I'm delighted with what I got. I've only used it once, but it was easily far superior to my last trimmer. The guides go on/off MUCH easier than with the Wahl, and I'm not worried about breaking them. Others have commented that there's no need for both speeds, but I find that the lower speed was better for me when using the nose hair removal attachment. Can't comment on how long this one will last, because I just got it. But my first impressions are ALL positive. One funny thing: I was trying to register the device on Reminton's webpage and couldn't get it to work for me. Emailed them and got the most refreshingly honest response. In essence, I was told how to do it, but reminded that all I really needed to do was keep the receipt and then a confession: the registration on the web thing is really just a marketing thing. LOL

Anyway - five stars easily on this product. I'm quite pleased.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 11 piece kit has self-sharpening stainless steel cutting blades so you can manage all of your facial trimming needs
  • 3 hour runtime-the power of lithium delivers long lasting, consistent, high performance cordless cutting for the duration of the runtime
  • 5-minute quick charge saves you time in a pinch, providing power for one full shave
  • 100% Waterproof- you can trim up in the shower if that's your style, plus, it's incredibly easy to clean
  • Turbo mode- the power boost cuts through the thickest of hair and allows you to get the style you want with speed and precision
  • Adjustable comb - ten lock-in trimming lengths offer the ultimate in versatility
  • Extended neck - easily navigate every area of your face and neck
  • Includes: full sized trimmer, detail trimmer, detail foil shaver, nose, ear and eyebrow trimmer, 5 combs, an adjustable comb and a storage/travel pouch

Description

The Remington PG6171 Beard Boss Crafter Style and Detail Kit gives you total control of your look. With 3 hours of cordless runtime, you get months of powerful trimming before a recharge is needed. The crafter is 100% waterproof for comfortable grooming in the shower and for easy cleaning. Plus, the turbo mode lets you power through even the thickest hair quickly. The 11 piece detailing and styling kit allows you to trim your goatee, mustache, beard and so much more. With the Remington Beard Boss you can achieve the exact look you desire. Charging indicator - yes.



I have used many different electric razors throughout my life and Remington has far exceeded their competitors. This has made the chore of shaving far less of an obnoxious task that I loathe. All of the attachments work well to assist me in speeding up the process of shaping my beard just how I want it, a task that used to take me far longer with my old Norelco razor. This is fantastic!

I have owned about six beard trimmers over the years and this is the very best one, by far. Last one I bought was a Phillips/Norelco model with, for some stupid reason, a laser light; this Remington model is less expensive and far superior. Quiet, lightweight, and maneuverable so you get a very even cut including around uneven parts of your face. And it takes much less time to trim, because you go over an area once, and it is just right the first time. Buy it!

This thing kicks ass. Best beard clippers I've used, and can even use them while in the shower, since it's water proof. Titanium head on the main set of clippers should last a while. Hopefully the battery gives me very good life holding charges before it needs replacing. Dual settings for normal and fast clipping. Works great on my face and for maintaining my nether regions, which the ladies seem to like. Definitely recommend.

This is the third different trimmer that I bought in two months. The first two were brand names and expensive. The one pulled a few hairs out every time I used it, ouch. The second one didn't have the adjustments that I wanted. The Remington PG6170 cuts and trims very well and has an adjustable attachments that I like. I have a mustache and a goatee that I like to keep trimmed and the Remington does the job.

So it seems like Remington got their names swapped. Originally purchased the Beard Boss MB4900 " The Perfecter " and it wouldn't even trim my stubble. Extremely disappointed, so I returned it and got this Beard Boss PG6171 ' The Crafter " and so far love it. So I think Remington should swap the names as this is fairly close to being zero gapped also the detailer is close as well. Although the foil shaver is on the smaller side, it actually helps to be more detailed with it. I can shape my beard/ side burns and edge myself up with Barber like details. All of which the "The Perfecter" couldn't achieve. So far I can say I am very satisfied with this.
This is a very quiet clipper even with turbo mode on and has a nice weight to it. It cuts very soft so pressing hard will not actually cut the skin which is nice.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment