Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Edwin Jagger Hydrating Pre Shave Lotion 75ml by Edwin Jagger

Edwin Jagger Hydrating Pre Shave Lotion 75ml by Edwin Jagger

I have tried a number of pre-shave lotions and oils. This is the one that I have stuck with. Non oily with a light menthol like scent.

Did a head to head comparison with Proraso, Jagger is vastly superiod, so I am going to upgrade my previous 4 star ranking Works better than shave oil and hydrates, you can feel it working, a tube goes quickly though if you don't use it sparingly

Great shave with this look no further

This really does help soften the beard pre-shave. I wash it off before shaving, as I don't want it's scent to cover up my beautiful soap scents, so I can't really comment if it helps lubricate the blade while shaving. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a way to stiffen their stubble for easier removal.

Cooling, soothing, and no cuts or irritation to my sensitive skin without any oily residue. I use Feather blades which are considered the sharpest blade on the market.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 99.9% Natural Plant Ingredients (many organic)
  • Free of parabens and mineral oil
  • Assists razor glide & reduces chance or shaving nicks
  • Great cooling, refreshing feel
  • 75ml tube

Description

EDWIN JAGGER Natural Hydrating Pre-Shave Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Tube Paraben Free Edwin Jagger natural hydrating pre-shave lotion softens and prepares the beard for a refreshing, effective shave by enhancing the ability of the beard hair to absorb water. Comprising a unique blend of 99.9% natural ingredients, enhanced by plant extracts, the pre-shave assists razor glide, reduces razor burn and protects sensitive skin. Directions for use Moisten face with warm water. Using your fingers and circular movements gently apply the Edwin Jagger pre-shave to the beard area creating a protective layer. Now apply shaving soap or cream over the pre-shave and work into a rich lather. Using a shaving brush will improve the lather and with the combination of pre-shave and shaving cream/soap you will achieve an enhanced, smoother and more comfortable shave. Apply Edwin Jagger moisturising aftershave lotion for the perfect end to your daily shave. - 75ml tube - Smooth on face before lathering - Assists razor glide & reduces chance or shaving nicks - Great cooling, refreshing feel - Paraben free Ingredients Aqua, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter), Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Menthol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ricinus Communis (castor) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Camphor, Menthyl Lactate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.



Good. Just not as good as Castle Forbes Unscented Pre-shave, which in my own opinion, is the premier preshave lotion. Edwin Jager uses some menthol, which I could take or leave. The Edwin Jagger appears to be “whipped”, while the Castle Forbes can be best described as creamy, softer, more hydrating and requires less product for coverage.

These products are better than preshave oil as they are absorbed (and soften hair) rather than just lie on the surface of the skin and provide blade lubrication, albeit And acceptable preshave solution as well.

I will admit to not having tried other unscented preshave lotions. These two were just known brands that already had the highest ratings.

If you order these products during the summer months, or in a hot climate, do not let them sit in a hot mailbox all day they will explode. I lost nearly half of the Edwin Jager product, let the seller know – and asked me what I wanted to do. I was too lazy to respond, while the seller did nothing. Not that it matters a lot and is a minor detail.

This product does an incredible balancing act-and does it better than anything I've found. I have profound concerns with pre-shave oils - the risk being oil absorbed by your expensive badger hair brushes. The very quality of your "wet shave" depends on the characteristic ability of your brush to absorb hot water! Badger hair and human hair have a unique ability to absorb water. Hot water softens your beard hair and mixes with shave soaps to produce that splendid lather - this process cannot help but be impeded if the brush absorbs oil! I don't think wet shaving fans can be too careful about this! This 'lotion' softens the beard, provides a base just slick enough to help the razors gliiide, but not so slick that the lather slides away, and it prevent nicks, and leaves my skin soooo nice afterwards! Finally, just a touch of refreshing menthol...HEAVENLY... !

Love, Love, Love this stuff. I have a really sensitive face, and when I started using this product, after I had treated myself to a really expensive barber shave in a spa, I fell in love with it. It preps your face, for a smooth shave, and I have REALLY sensitive skin. I use this with Baxter after shave lotion, and Jack Black shave cream, with an old school safety razor, your face will love you. Jack Black also makes a great after shave gel, I find the Art of Shaving just too expensive. Try this stuff, it is also not cheap, but you will love it.

Don't really care for the slight smell but it works well. I wanted another preshave and tried this. It seems to be a well working preshave - I use Proraso as my other preshave.

I've tried a bunch of different pre-shave products for shaving my head, whether its lotions, creams, oils...this and Dove Men+Care Expert Shave Cream are my two favorites. Use them in combination, along with some Proraso Shaving Soap (White for me) and I'm set.
I put it on right as I'm exiting the shower, gives me a nice cooling feeling and helps shave clean.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment