Sunday, May 26, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Van Der Hagen Men's Luxury, Unscented Soap, 3.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)

Van Der Hagen Men's Luxury, Unscented Soap, 3.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)

There seems to be some kind of weird cultural requirement, that women's toiletries be scented AND more expensive. Using feminine-scented shower products doesn't make you a woman; not using them doesn't mean you're not.

Anyone can use this soap—it has no scent, lathers up quick, and works great with my safety razor. Really, why is this labeled "Men's" soap?

If you want a good shaving soap, buy this. Mom, Dad, Cthulhu, & SuperGrover can all use this soap.

Wow! Imagine that .. a shaving soap that doesn't stink to high heaven!! .. And the glycerin in this seems to work. Unfortunately, I have the worst possible combination of beard and skin. My beard is VERY heavy. Using a Shick Quattro, my beard would dull those blades after only two shaves. And that the cost of those .. OUCH!! .. So, I switched to Feather blades in a safety razor. ... But my other gotcha is that my skin is very sensitive. BUMMER!! .. Fortunately, this soap does a good job of helping with both. The soap does a good job of lubricating my skin and the glycerin does a good job of keeping my face moist and helps soothe my skin. I still need more to make it better. Still, this soap does a great job and is a very reasonable price.

The Van Der Hagen Unscented Shave Soap is a revelation.

I've been shaving with a brush and a double edge razor for about six months now, but I've been using pricy shave creams like those from Rapha and The Art of Shaving. Both of those products do a great job, but at $20 for not that much product, they're not good for the budget.

For $15 for the three pack, the Van Der Hagen Unscented Shave Soap looks to be a great bargain. I've been using the same cake for nearly a month now and it doesn't even seem to have reduced in size. I simply get my badger brush nice and wet with hot water, slop it around on the soap cake and I get more than enough lather to cover my face twice.

It doesn't hurt that the scent is very mild (yes, though unscented it does have a very very slight smell) and pleasant. I know that my wife likes it more than the 'in your face' scent of Rapha's shave cream.

I'll definitely be buying this again, but it'll be a while, as I think that these three cakes will hold up for a good long time.

I bought the three pack back in 2012, and I am just now having to reorder. (I shave every other day.) The pucks last FOREVER. If you want a face full of foam, this is not for you -- think Neutragena for shaving. I have sensitive skin -- I break out just looking at most soap -- and I get no reaction from this at all. I keep mine in an old coffee cup, which is the perfect vessel for a quick shave.

I switched from canned foam back in college more than 40 years ago and I have tried many different brands of shave soap. I like this one the best. A little weird that it is transparent but it works great. Not slimy and hard to wash off like Edge shave gel. Treat yourself to a badger brush while you are at it.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Hypo-Allergenic
  • Over 10% Glycerin
  • Softens beard for improved razor glide
  • Leaves skin soft and smooth
  • Vegetable based, not tested on animals

Description

Unscented Luxury Shave Soap



Why are most face shaving soaps smelly? Who wants smelly smells rubbed all over their face when they're shaving? This works well and is not smelly.

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I bought the set and it had soap that had a fragrance. I was looking for the same thing without the fragrance. This fit the bill perfectly.

I like shaving with a brush ,not much has changed since my grandpa did it except he used a double edge razor ,good memories and very efficient

I decided to give this shave soap a try. It works pretty well. I would prefer it lather a bit better, but for the price, you can't go wrong. I bought a 3 pack. Will probably try the scented version next time.

First of all let me say, we have not been able to find this soap in any store, just online. With that said, ordering was very easy, the shipping was fast, and my husband loves the soap. He likes the way his skin feels when he uses it, which is daily. We will definitely be ordering it again, thanks for a wonderful product!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment