
I really hope you get to see the customer video I uploaded with this review. I think that is the most accurate way to see my true thoughts on the comb.
If a homie was struggling to up their mustache ride game I would absolutely send one of these their way.
Dudes, just spend the 7 bucks on this comb and I promise you won't regret it. I have lost the ability to style my mustache without it. The BEST thing about this comb for me is that it fits perfectly inside my wax tin. Look at the picture I uploaded with this and you'll see what I mean. It keeps my wax and comb together so I never lose them and it protects my comb. It's really nice to be able to do that.
its a nice comb. Although its labeled extra small, it was smaller than i expected. I attached a photo for perspective.
ADDENDUM: Ive had it a couple weeks now and the gold lettering is gone. I suspect the beard oil i use has contributed to this. I like it better now. Also, my beard is about an inch long and this comb handles it just fine.
Went almost a year without any sort of grooming to my mustache, I just let it do its own thing. But I decided to give mustache combs a chance because my mustache is now at a considerable length where if it is not to the sides it gets into my mouth and it is the most uncomfortable thing to bite down on a mustache hair. I've had the comb for almost a month now and it is an awesome product. If you are barely starting to grow out your own 'stache I recommend to start training your hairs sooner rather than later, that way, you don't have hairs pointing to different directions.
I bought the extra small comb in order to keep it in my pocket where ever I happen to go and its a better alternative then fixing it the hairs with my fingers. Also, the product is a good conversation piece and a product every mustache'd individual ought to have in their possession.
Dimmensions of Extra Small Comb (81T) is almost 3", with teeth on 1.5" of it and the handle on the other 1.5".
This is the best mustache comb I've found yet. It's worlds apart from the one that came with my Wahl trimmer. The comb is only as long as my index finger, so it's not unwieldy around my nose. And the teeth are smooth, not sharp.
I was hesitant to keep it in my pocket, though it's small enough, because I didn't want the teeth to break against keys, etc. But it's small enough to keep in my wallet, so perfect.
One small issue is the lettering is coming off after only a week of use. Kent should consider other means of marking that are permanent. But it's only cosmetic and I don't care about that enough to take off a star.

Feature Product
- Kent 81T - Length: 2 3/4" or 73mm or 7.3cm - All Fine Teeth, Extra-Small, Sawcut
- Glide Effortlessly Through Hair, Detangling and Styling Even The Roughest Mustaches and Beard Knots
- Kent Hand Sawn Combs Are Cut From Large Sheets of Cellulose Acetate Rather Than Moulded, Producing a Truly Gentle Comb Whereas Moulded Combs Often Snag and Damage The Hair
- Kent Combs Have Rounded Teeth Which Ensure a Smooth and Comfortable Brush
Description
Choose your Kent handmade comb, completely made in UK, 82t 90mm folding/fine comb - 20t 85mm folding pocket comb with clip-all fine - 81t 70mm all fine- beard and moustache comb - OT 110 mm pocket comb-coarse/fine - 6t 175mm dressing table comb-coarse/fine - 9t 190 mm large coarse/fine comb - 10t 190mm large handled rake comb-wet/thick hair coarse - 12t 146mm coarse pocket comb - 5t 169mm dressing table comb - for 110mm fine pocket comb - 16t 185mm coarse/fine dressing table comb - r7t 130mm pocket coarse/fine comb - slim Jim 117mm fine comb about the brand g b Kent & sons ltd, manufacturers of brushes since the eighteenth century is one of the oldest established companies in great Britain. Kent brushes (as they are now more commonly known) was founded in 1777 by William Kent in the reign of George iii. Kent holds a pre-eminent place in the history of brush making, with an unbroken record of excellence in the quality of its production which has been recognized by the granting of royal warrants for nine reigns. The Kent family continued to run the company for six generations until 1932 when the last of the three Kent brothers passed away. This is when Mr. Eric L.H Cosby, owner of Cosby brushes, entered into an association with G.B Kent & sons. A new chapter was then opened in Kent’s long history, and since that time the company has been under the creative and dynamic direction of the Cosby family. Today, Mr. Alan H.L Cosby, grandson to Eric Cosby is the managing director and chairman, with his wife, son and one of his three daughters working for the business. The company headquarters moved from London to their existing factory in Apsley, Hertfordshire on the 6th February 1984, and remains there to this day. The company continues to retain the craftsmanship and unprecedented quality that is Kent’s reputation. Even in today's fast moving, mass-produced assembly, Kent.
I have got two of these combs for him in case he misplaces one as they are pretty dang small. He absolutely loves this comb and since he has had it, several of his co-workers have also bought one. The men all say that it makes the beard/mustache a bit softer and when used in combination with beard oil, the softness becomes even more apparent. Ladies, get one for your fella if his beard is a bit scratchy to you (don't forget the beard oil). The men have also said that they enjoy combing with it because it feels good. These handmade combs are far better than the plastic ones, you cannot know until you see and try it. I tried one of the larger ones on my long hair. The saw cut teeth kind of clean and smooth the beard hairs in much the same way that a boars hair brush does to my own hair. The difference here in the cheap plastic combs is that they are molded and as such the fine mold lines in the teeth of cheap combs catch, stretch, and break hairs. You don't know any different until you have a real comb. The men say that the points and teeth of this comb feel so much better than cheapy plastic combs and I see them combing their beards a lot these days. Men like to groom too and this comb fits nicely in the small pocket of the jeans or in the back pocket is it not very noticeable (the men say). I have also not heard of one of them breaking, they are very well made. My hubby has grown quite a beard now and uses a larger Kent comb on it but he still carries and uses this small one on his mustache and whole beard too. For a large beard or one who changes beard style a bit, I would recommend the three pack of combs that comes with this one in it. It gives him more options and allows you to "borrow" one of the larger ones for smoothing your own hair. I have every intention of getting more Kent combs/brushes for myself, they appear to be well worth the price.
You get more than what you pay for. I tried the little comb that comes with the useless mustache wax you get at the chain drug store and the burrs and sharp edges were so bad that I shaved my lip after letting the cuts heal.
This comb is really well-made and is so easy to use it will make your daily grooming a better experience. It works wet or dry, with wax and without and with heat or without. If you're serious about painless facial grooming get this comb.
Nice little product. I have to admit i thought it would have been a little bigger since i didn't look at the dimensions but after using it for over a month i'm def. impressed and like it.
I have a full beard that I like to keep around 1/2" to 3/4" long. Any longer and it starts to curl more then i care for and it gets to be a bit shaggy. This comb works well fluffing it out when i'm going to trim it and then to style it down after i get out of the shower or add some beard oil to it.
Going back to the size, its basically held with ur thumb and forefinger as youre not going to get much more on it. The plastic is good quality and does scrape or scratch up much. I normally keep it on my dresser next to my beard oil but have also kept it in my pocket at a wedding a few weeks ago with my keys and it didn't mark it up at all either.
If your one of those guys with a big biker beard or working to be competetive and the World Beard Championships, i'd consider a bigger comb as this is just too small/fine to be efficient. Otherwise if you like to keep a smaller and well kept beard, this is a great, inexpensive comb for you.
I bought this because it had the best reviews and wasn't priced much higher than other combs. It combs my mustache great. No problems with that.
The problem I have is that I'm not sure it's worth $8. I amazed left wondering if I could have spent $6 and got the same thing from a different brand. I will never know because it's not worth $2 to return it and buy a cheaper one.
Handmade, perfect carry size (small), saw cut to prevent hair pulling so its gentle to use (especially when one has some thick wax in their handlebar mustache, which is what I use it for)... So what's not to like? I'm probably nitpicking here, but for starters, the teeth do not go all the way to the edge so you have to really use it square with your mustache. Not a big deal, but it has a small learning curve. Also, because of the near bilateral symmetry of it, I often grab the wrong end and begin combing my 'stache with the handle. Mind you, these are those rare times I'm not actually at home in front of the mirror, but using it on the go (which, again, its perfect for due to its concealable size), so not a big deal. Overall, I would not switch to anything else or go back to cheaper combs such as the ones that come with electric shaving kits because I can really feel a difference with this. I also don't know if my recommendations would ruin the product, so I would hesitate for Kent to make any changes to it. One star removed for the above-mentioned things, and it's probably undeserving on Kent's part.

Posted by Admin
in
0 comments:
Post a Comment