
I had an earlier model of this trimmer which worked reliably for years until a few weeks ago when, traveling abroad, I stuck the plug in a 250v socket only to hear its death cry. My fault for sure. I liked them so much I immediately reordered without thought.
The design has changed very little. The buttons are a slight bit different... a screwhole on the back that wasn't there before... unless you look closely they're fairly identical. The one big difference is the color. Whereas the old pair were a deep, somewhat dark orange, the new one is more of a lighter metallic orange. One other thing is that the underside of the two heads changed in design, so my old ones won't work with the new one. Note that the one difficulty in using this is that while it's easy to pull the heads off, it's fairly difficult to put them on. You'll be struggling with it a bit each time.
My first use proved that it worked the same as the old one. They trim well and I like the ability to switch between clipper and trimmer heads. They do get a bit warm if you use them for too long, but it's never caused any issues. The turbo buttons seems to work the same but, to tell the truth, I've never used it. What exactly am I "turboing"? While the head does move faster, I cannot imagine that anything short of a buffalo actually needs this button.
The biggest change is the accessories. The original only came with 3 cover pieces for the trimmers (low, medium, high). The new one comes with 9, which gives you much more versatility. The trimmer comes with one adjustable and three fixed covers which work well. The new one comes with some combs and scissors which the older model didn't, and some oil. The old trimmer came with a third head for nose/ears... but I never thought it worked that well and thus never used it, so it wasn't missed.
The biggest change is the storage bag. My old version came with what I thought was a cheap vinyl zippered bag. That cheap vinyl bag seems amazing nowcompared to the new drawstring cheesecloth sack they sent along. It's almost comical that this is the storage bag they included with this nice metallic trimmer. The trimmer doesn't fit into the bag directly horizontal or vertical, so you have to put it in at an angle and dump everything else around it. The bag isn't really big enough to fit all the accessories in without considerable arrangement. Luckily I have the old bag to use, but you'll likely need something else to store this in because that thing won't cut it for long.
All in all, this is a solid and reliable clipper/trimmer set that I do recommend. They are easy to hold and work well. Find a new bag and these things are golden.
This is the second time i purchased this item. The first one i owned for over 6 years and then recently the power cord had an internal connection issue. Happens to most heavily held devices with power cords. I loved the performance and handling capability of this item. The quiet blades and slow sound of the motor even when in turbo mode. You can run these in the morning without waking everyone in the house. It was hard to consider anything different. I truly believe that you will love these clippers as much as i have and still do. Every family should have a pair of these.
Well packaged, ready for retail or resale. Quality clippers made from aluminum. Every crack and crevice is a perfect fit, so hair wont ever get stuck in those hard to clean places. First use went through a 1" beard with no effort, first pass. Very impressive piece of engineering.
Follow up: So it's been six months since I bought these clippers. They work like a champ and still sharp as the day I bought them. I'm still disappointed that the picture appears to show cordless clippers but they are corded. To me that misrepresents the product. However, the cord is long enough that I can sit on the toilet and mow the lawn. Cmon, ya'll know that's what you do too. Hey, at least that's an honest review. : P
I've been cutting my own hair for years and recently the power supply for my old trimmer broke.
After shopping around I decided to purchase this new trimmer and it is fantastic. It cuts clean, fast and doesn't not pull on your hair as it trims. (I'm mentioning this because I tried a different brand and the other brand pulled as it cut, ouch!)
The trimmer has a normal speed and a high speed button which does come in handy.
Also it has a separate smaller trimming blade and smaller attachments for that blade as well.
The only thing I was not 100% satisfied about was the storage bag.
This set comes with a small bag to hold the trimming accessories but the trimmer doesn't fit in the bag, only the accessories. My old Conair trimmer came with a hard case to hold everything which is nice, it kept everything together and kept things clean. But I'm sure a small Tupperware or box would work just fine.
Great product!
We own this. We love it. Our son used it to shave his head and trim his beard. He loved it so we bought him one. Great product for a reasonable cost. Would purchase again.

Feature Product
- Dynamic haircut needs meets personal grooming with this 2-in-1 custom haircut kit and trimmer
- Full power truly "no slip grip" corded clipper and trimmer
- Stainless steel hair clipping blade for ultra-close bald & fade styling and facial trimming blade for precise beard & detail styling
- Turbo Button for 15% more power
- 5-position taper control, 24 pieces and 50 total settings
Description
Dynamic styling meets personal grooming! Get everything you need for a powerful haircut or trim from the comfort of home.
The Conair 2-in-1 Clipper and Trimmer/The Chopper Complete Grooming System is a 24-piece kit that will keep you looking fresh. It features two detachable blades—one for cutting hair and one for trimming facial hair. Stainless steel blades include a hair clipping blade for ultra-close bald and fade styling, plus a facial trimming blade for precise beard and detail styling.
This men’s haircut kit has 5-position taper control and a truly no slip grip. Other stylers might promise no slip, but this one really delivers. Want extra power? Simply hit turbo for a 15% boost. And the DC motor of this haircut clipper provides 50% more cutting power for even the toughest hair.
Want to know what you get? For a haircut, this kit includes nine guide combs, a styling comb and barber scissors. To protect your styler, it comes with a storage pouch and blade guard to keep blades sharp. To stay clean it includes a barber cape, and to keep your haircut kit working efficiently and effectively it also includes a cleaning brush and oil. Want to trim facial hair? This kit also includes a facial trimming blade, 5-position comb attachment, 3 jawline combs and a mustache comb for style on the go.
This cool orange and black clipper is corded and comes with detachable blades for customization.
Cut your hair at home like a pro with the Conair 2-in-1 Clipper and Trimmer/The Chopper Complete Grooming System.
I purchased this trimmer back in October of 2009, when it was selling as $30. I bought it because my partner was spending $10/per haircut at a military barber, just for a simple buzzcut.
It lasted us until 2013, when, from storing the clipper with the wire wrapped around it too tightly, we noticed that it wasn't working properly. Now when it's on, it only actually turns on and functions/clips when you hold the wire closer to the base. Obviously the wire got dislodged by his poor wire-wrapping technique.
Over all, this was a great pair of introduction clippers. We saved hundreds of dollars by investing in this item. Though, I believe that we're going to upgrade to something finer now that we know how often we use this thing.
Been using the chopper for years. The attachments and beard blade are why I bought it again I had my last set for couple years and my old roommate stole it. I’m happy I found it on Amazon.
I just got it, but I love it. It works great. Came with a lot of attachments I'll probably never use, but you never know. It is quiet, and cuts superbly. It does just what is says it will do and more. I am very happy with it, and hope it lasts for years.
Hands down best hair clipper made. This is the second one my husbands had. The first one lasted years until blade dulled. Couldnt find replacement blades though
This is a BEAST!!! It cuts through my husband's thick hair with ease as well as my son's much thinner hair. My husband also loves it to shave. Out of all the trimmers I've bought, This. Is. The. Best.

Posted by Admin
in
0 comments:
Post a Comment