Sunday, September 29, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Hydrate: Daily Facial + Beard Moisturizer - 3.4 fl oz. | stubble & 'stache

Hydrate: Daily Facial + Beard Moisturizer - 3.4 fl oz. | stubble & 'stache

This review compares the Clubman "Pinaud 2-in-1" and Stubble & Stache "Hydrate" face/beard moisturizers, so I'm posting this same review for both products.

I have a short beard and have tried many brands and product types to manage the itchy skin and stiff hair. Over the years I experimented and decided that I did not like beard oils (for skin under beard) nor beard balms (conditions beard). So, I wanted to try something else - and discovered "beard friendly" leave-in facial creams. These are not wash-out conditioners, but are used after cleaning/shaving and left on your skin and in your beard. I only found these two products, so maybe this is a new product type?

Bottom line: Clubman is more like a traditional facial moisturizer that isn't bad for your beard, whereas S&S is a beard conditioner that isn't bad for your skin. I prefer S&S, but is much more expensive.

-- review --

Feel: The Clubman's thickness is more like a traditional facial moisturizer and spreads easily over the skin. S&S is thicker that the average facial cream. I applied the Clubman on the face/nose first, and then worked down to the neck, finishing with the beard, but with the S&S I started on the beard and worked out. Different, but both are workable.

Scent: The Clubman has a sharp floral scent, and other reviews say this scent is the same across the Clubman products. The S&S has a subtle metallic scent. I prefer the S&S's scent compared to Clubman's, but that depends on the person (and who you let close to you).

Effectiveness: The Clubman's product seems to evaporate/absorb more quickly over the day, so it must be re-applied more often. I could twice-a-day the S&S (or even only once-a-day), but need to three-a-day the Clubman. Clubman leave my beard more controlled that S&S, but (for me) not in good way. I'm looking for beard softening, but style control.

Cost: There is no getting around this, S&S is five times more expensive that Clubman (per ml). Yes, it costs 500% as much.

Final: I find the Stubble & Stache Hydrate the better product - it spreads easier and lasts longer. However, S&S is not 500% better than Clubman. If S&S was only cost 3 times more I would recommend with no hesitation. I prefer S&S as a stand-alone product and I will use it. But I will continue to look for companies to produce products like this.

Note: I also tried the ArtNaturals "Beard Conditioner", but that is a traditional wash-out conditioner. It also has a very strong floral-medicine scent, so I stopped using it after one time.

So I purchased Stubble & 'Stache Face Moisturizer with Mr. Natty's Face Forest Soap Beard and I have never been so happy with a random purchase. Pretty much forever I have had flaky dry skin beard and it looks horrible with dark shirts and my beard would be constantly itchy. Now with a morning shower I wash my beard with Mr. Natty then when I get out of the shower, I use the Stubble and Stache and now my beard is smooth, not as curly and not dry. Well worth the price!

I have tried to grow a beard for years, however I could never get past the itch stage of growth. I've succumbed to it every time and shaved. I've tried everything - from cortisone creams, essential oils, vaseline, amongst other products - you name it I've likely tried it. This is the only product I've found that works for me. There is no itch whatsoever. If you're like me and cannot stand the itchiness of trying to grow a beard you will not go wrong with this product. It is truly amazing.

I'm not one to write reviews often, but I couldn't help myself this time. No product has ever left my face/beard so soft. My face and beard don't flake or itch when using this product whatsoever. Highly recommend.

This brand is awesome. I appreciate the story behind the start of the company but really appreciate the quality of the product. It works!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • As seen in GQ & Esquire. Men's Journal Grooming Award winner. Soothing Aloe, Chamomile, and Green Tea Leaf extract reduces the itch and irritation associated with growing a beard
  • Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Conditions and softens all lengths of scruff with Pro Vitamin B5, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil and Soy Protein
  • Firms and tones the skin. Skin appears healthier and happier
  • Hydrates and helps heal the skin

Description

No beard required. Our award winning, potent 2 in 1 Face Moisturizer & Beard Conditioner is formulated with a non-greasy blend of natural botanicals, vitamins, antioxidants and moisturizers. Our specially formulated hydrator with Aloe, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Chamomile, Vitamins A and E and Pro Vitamin B5 conditions your beard while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. We know not all of you can/are allowed to grow greatness. Should you grow stubble over the weekend, you'll find it's softer and easier to shave come Monday. Real men take care of one another. We donate a portion of profits to support wounded heroes as they travel the road to recovery. Made in the USA. No animal testing. Paraben-free.



I have really sensitive skin and could NEVER grow anything facially past a week because it would itch so bad. I am shocked to say that this stuff works !! I'm going on my second week and NO ITCH. I was really skeptical but this product absolutely worked for me.

This turned out to be the missing ingredient ... I use a dime of this product + beard oil... My beard is finally soft and flowing. I also comb it during TV and down time. I can't believe how many complement s I get now. Although I haven't compared to another combination of products, I am with what I have found. Thank you. -Sean

I like this stuff but won't purchase again. I feel like there are better products for my face lotion wise and beard wise and this one just doesn't do it for me as both. Still a good product.

my face usually gets pretty dry and flaky in the winter months, usually just splash water on my face as a temporary fix but putting this on in the morning totally eliminates the problem.. my beard also feels and looks great. worth the high price in my opinion.

From the first time I put this to my face I felt my skin is breathing and the smell is good it make me very satisfied Im already in love with this product Im from Saudi Arabia and we have a rough weather hot and dry so I need some moisture cream that helps my skin and this one is realy good

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment