Monday, August 5, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

VIKINGS BLADE Pre Shave Oil, Black Forest (Sandalwood & Western Cedar)

VIKINGS BLADE Pre Shave Oil, Black Forest (Sandalwood & Western Cedar)

I’m very pleased. This oil seems a little thinner than oils I’ve used in the past, but I’m wondering if it just seems that way because it has a pump rather than having to pour it into my hand. (Incidentally, I saw another reviewer complain that he couldn’t figure out the pump. If your bottle is like mine, you just tug on the outer cap to reveal the pump. I’ll include a picture.) In any case, it works great. I don’t know if it actually is thinner, but it works as well or better than anything I’ve tried. I had gone a while without using pre-shave oil and I had forgotten how much of a difference it makes. I have pretty sensitive skin and this really leaves my skin less irritated and more closely shaven.

The oil leaked in transit and the inner box was soaked when I got it. The outer box was undamaged, so I’m guessing it’s an issue with the bottling. I saw someone else had this issue, as well. The Vikings Blade people emailed me after my order arrived and I replied explaining the situation and they immediately paid to have a replacement bottle sent to me next-day. The replacement bottle had also leaked a bit, but most of the oil was still in the bottle this time. I was pleased enough by the product and impressed by the customer service enough not to mind. I’m hoping they’ll take a look at the bottling issue on future runs, but I’ll risk it either way. I’ll probably have to put it in different packaging if I take it on a trip or something, but that’s no big deal. Also, I like having the pump enough that these hiccups don’t bother me.

The scent is pretty subtle and pleasing.

At any rate, I usually don’t write reviews, but I was impressed enough by the company that I felt like I ought to this time.

This shave oil is great. Nearly scentless and nice and thick. I initially was concerned about the relatively small amount that came out of the click-pump so I gave it a few extra clicks. Unnecessary. One little pump of oil easily covers my face on all but the grizzliest of mornings.

Good coverage. Light scent. Excellent protection. Makes the hair almost fall out.

Very nice. I use it with shave cream (the cool kids call it "cocktailing" I'm told) and my shaves have never been closer/smoother feeling. I also like that there's no overpowering smell. Some other brands (looking at you Art of Shaving) have a pretty strong (though pleasant) smell. I just don't need that... So this product is right for me!

Robert (the owner) runs a first rate organization, Their focus on customer service make them a joy to do business with. I am new to wet shaving and every one of the Viking's Blade products (razor, pre-shave oil, shave soap, brush, stand) have exceeded my expectations. I get a very smooth shave. There are a lot of products out there, do yourself a favor and try Vikings Blade first. You'll save yourself a lot of time.

Really awesome product. I use a straight razor for my shaves daily, and was a little sceptical of using pre shave oil. Vikings blade was actually a great choice. My skin is so much more comfortable shaving now. I would highly recommend it! If there was anything negative that I could say about it, I would say that the scent is not very strong, but I guess the subtlety may be intended.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 100% organic oils, very mild and gentle
  • Softens facial hair and leaves a unique, manly sandalwood & western red cedar scent
  • Product of Australia
  • Ingredient list: Olive Oil, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil
  • Perfect pre-shave to pair with other Vikings Blade shaving products

Description

Perfect pre-shave to pair with other Vikings Blade shave products



Seems to do the job on a two day old grizzly beard. The pump spray is a bit aggressive and you need to use some caution to avoid splatter an waste. A couple was minutes was all that was needed to soften the heavy scruff. Comptetivly priced.

Comes with any dropper, smells so good and it really applies well even with a sweaty face it doesn't just run off. I am very happy with this product will re-order. Best oil on the market I've used yet

I wasn't sure when I ordered it if it could be used as a pre-electric shave lotion or whether is was just before shaving with a safety razor. I have used it as a pre-electric and it is quite nice as a lubricant.

Used it once so far and it’s the first time in a long time I haven’t gotten any nicks or razor burn. Very happy with this product. I’ve tried a bunch of different oils but this one will be a mainstay in my shaving routine.

Long term use, this product really provides a slick surface that makes shaving with a traditional straight razor a breeze. I've even been able to use it as a primary lubricant when shaving if I'm in a rush.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment