Sunday, August 4, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

OSTER Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper 76076010

OSTER Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper 76076010

I waited to review these until I cut my hair a couple times with them. I've been using Wahl clippers my whole life, and my hair grows fast. I often have to touch up or completely cut my hair again after 1.5-2 weeks. The poor motor and blades on the cheaper clippers would give me red bumps on my head, which would take a long time to go away. They chewed up my hair no matter how slow I went. It was miserable and embarrassing. I have used these twice, about a week and a half after cuts, and no bumps or chafing. You cannot even tell they're taking hair off your head, because the cut is so smooth. Only "con" would be these are quite heavy, and the angle is different than Wahl clippers. You have to get used to the difference in guard sizes and how to hold it, but that is far from difficult. 5/5 stars, recommending to everyone I know that cuts their own hair.

Although I've purchased hundreds of products on Amazon, this is my first time writing a review because I felt it was absolutely essential and hope I can help someone struggling with the same problem as I previously did. I used to go to a great barber but I started developing this nasty red bumps on the back of my neckline area. These bumps would swell with puss, be painful to the touch, and very large and noticeable. The dermatologist said it was folliculitis and I was put on doxycycline and given a shot near the area. I was so embarrassed I didn't want the barber to see so I started cutting my own hair with a pair of Whal clippers (the same brand my barber used). I have oily thick hair that grows very fast so to keep my cut easy, I just ran a #1 across my entire head. I struggled with these bumps for 3 years, they would reduce then flare up again constantly and I couldn't figure out what to do and was just very frustrated with my dermatologist. At wit's end, I started doing research and came across a review for the Oster 76 saying it rid them of red bumps so I purchased this clipper immediately to try out. The results have been amazing!! These clippers cut extremely well and it feels so smooth. I love the metal guards, the plastic Whal ones always felt weak and it would sometimes break giving an uneven cut and I'd have to replace them. All my red bumps have disappeared and I no longer take any medication. 100% worth the money, I have my self-esteem back and a pair of clippers that actually does it job without fuss!

Others have gone into detail of the quality of these clippers. I’ll just say I’m very glad I moved up to a professional clipper. I bought an extra clipper 00000 for real close cut. These clippers are much better than the $40 Wahl’s I had been using for years. I should have bought these years ago!

Most people call these "The Beast" and that's because they eat through hair incredible fast and without a problem. I've never had a problem with this clipper and I've had it for over 6 years. Some people are intimidated by the speed and the fact that it may feel clunky or too big. Don't let that stop you from buying and enjoying this clipper. You can get use to it. As with most things, just practice and you'll be fine. You'll be able to do fades with it as well. Almost every barber that I know has this clipper or the Oster 111. Be sure to oil them regularly and clean the hair that falls within the housing - this advice is true for just about any clipper you have.

Thanks for reading!

I shave my own head about every 2 weeks, and I have been doing so for almost 10 years now. I spent most of that time buying a new set of the cheapest clippers available and running them into the ground, which only took about a year for most. I finally decided to try a higher end model to see what the difference would be. I didn't know what I was missing all those years.

My first impression was that these clippers were much more substantial than the cheap ones I had been using. It has more heft, the cord is thicker and more substantial, even the blades appear much tougher. I expected more power would mean more noise, but I was happily surprised that these clipppers are actually far quieter than the old ones I had been using. Changing blades was another task I expected to be more difficult, but unlike the old clippers I didn't even need any tools to remove/replace the blade.

All of that is nice, but what really struck me is just how much better these clippers cut my hair. The hair on the back of my head is pretty thick and I'm used to making multiple passes to get all of it cut. I'm also used to moving reasonably slowly to avoid pulling or uneven cut. These clippers need none of those precautions. They cut through my hair so smoothly and quickly that at first I didn't think they were cutting at all. So far I have found that these clippers produce a perfectly even cut the first pass every time, this cuts down on the time it takes to cut my hair and it also reduces wear on the motor. I have not had a single pull and no heating of the motor or blades which occurred with every other clipper I had.

I expect these clippers will last quite a bit longer than the other ones I've purchased in the past. I'm just kicking myself for waiting this long before getting these.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Powerful, single speed universal motor for heavy-duty use
  • Detachable blades - sizes 000 and 1
  • Includes blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease and cleaning brush
  • Ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
  • 9 foot power cord; Designed with ultra-durable, break-resistant housing
  • Renowned for its lasting durability, powerful motor and heavy-duty performance, this single speed clipper is designed to cut through all hair types, all day long
  • It is a workhorse for the experienced cutter who appreciates the clipper's ability to operate endlessly and effortlessly
  • Includes Blade Guard, Lubricating Oil & Cleaning Brush, Clipper Grease. 9 Ft Power Cord
  • Powerful, Single Speed Universal Motor For Heavy-Duty Use
  • Easily Cuts Through Wet or Dry Hair. Comes with Detachable Blade Size 000 and 1
  • Ultra-Durable, Break-Resistant Housing. Ergonomic Design For All Day Cutting
  • Textured Housing Provides Easy Grip
  • Includes Blade Guard, Lubricating Oil & Cleaning Brush, Clipper Grease. 9 Ft Power Cord

Description

From the manufacturer
Oster Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper with Detachable 000 Size Blade
Oster has provided high quality clippers and trimmers for over 120 years. With their experience, they have been able to develop numerous styles of the best clippers, including the Classic 76. This clipper is ideal for any barber. Its sleek, compact design is a perfect fit in any hand.Features:Includes blade (#000 ). Ergonomic design reduces fatigue.Universal motor.Heavy-duty hair cutting.Useful hanging loop.Includes blade guard, oil, clipper grease, and cleaning brush.Dimensions:Length - 7.5" Width - 2.25" Depth - 2"- All dimensions listed are approximations.



Purchased my Oster Classic 76 approximately five (5) years ago, and this trimmer is still getting the job done. I cut my hair at least once-a-week since I've had these clippers, and not one problem have I experienced with them. I use the Oster (00000), blade which I purchase together at the same time with trimmer, and it still cuts my hair close to the scalp. Never replaced blade, and no maintenance with clippers to date. What else could you ask for with any quality purchase. if you take care of them, they will absolutely last a long time. One of the best and most reliable clippers you can buy.

Wonderful clippers. Well built. Go to the Oster styling site to see how to maintain these clippers. Clipper heads are machined and not stamped like cheaper models. Clipper heads change out easily since the head is on a snap pivot. Leave the clipper running to snap the new clipper head into place so the power mechanism can self seek to connect. Buying this unit you will need to buy oil to keep it lubricated. A small amount of oil and grease come with the unit. You will need to grease this unit once a year. This is not difficult. Go to Oster styling's site to see how.
This box set had an extra clipper hear for doing fine clipping on the neck and around the ears.
The reason I bought this clipper is that I noticed that many of the cheaper units sold started pulling hair after six months to a year. If something happens to the clipper head, buy another head for around $20.00. These are well built and precisely made. I doubt if a clipper head will give you problems, unless you drop it. I also bought Oster's Professional 10 Universal Comb set to go with this unit. I am glad I did. This makes clipping easy ----- the higher the number the longer the cut. If you are going to do years of cutting, spend the extra amount for this unit. You will be glad you did. This is a quality product.

The new ones like what I bought have a factory defect that makes them break in less than 60 days. This is because they removed a part that helps hold part of the head that moves the clippers. So eventually the whole head starts moving back and forth. Because this is what my sis using to make a living, it was cheaper to have them fixed locally then to wait several day to sent them back and get them repaired. *not the seller's fault* on this one. The guy who repaired it says they all come with the same flaw. So had to shell out an extra 40 bucks.

I bought this for my husband for Christmas and we finally used it the other day. Saying that, you definitely need to clean up any grease that’s already there since it’s most likely turned into a paste that will cause your clippers to overheat. Maintenance is pretty easy, but you need to have a lot of patience.
My husband’s hair is thick and curly and was pretty long, so it took a bit longer to shave it off the way he likes it, which caused this to overheat and us finding out about replacing the grease and maintenance in general. It’s kinda heavy, but not daunting. And it’s not as loud as I thought it would be. Thought along the lines of a blender for some reason, but it’s kinda nice. Just make sure you have the Kool Lube spray on hand to keep it from overheating once you’ve maintained it. Cuts really well and it’s so easy to get nice and even results, even for a complete novice like myself.

I LOVE these clippers. I've had them since 2012 and they are still going strong. I cut my hair about once a month and the blades are still as sharp as ever!! The maintenance on these is easy and it comes with the oil and grease needed to keep it working smoothly.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment