Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil 1.7 oz

American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil 1.7 oz

I was really happy when I discovered shave oil and Shave Secret a few years back. I always had a hard time with razor burn etc from shaving. Shave oil not only eliminated that, but also eliminated the need for aftershave. I loved Shave Secret but tried this shave oil after Walmart stopped selling Shave Secret. For this purpose, I will write this review with comparison to Shave Secret. American Crew Ultra Glide Shave oil is a bit different than Shave Secret in both scent and thickness. Crew is slightly thinner than Shave Secret and probably spreads better than Shave Secret. It does not clog the razor like Shave Secret. I prefer the scent of Shave Secret over Crew. The performance is probably about the same.

I use this with my Braun electric razor to get a closer shave. I suppose that's probably not its intended use, but it works for me. I like that the oil is not very thick - it does not clog my razor's foil and 3 or 4 drops is enough for my shave. It's not the cheapest shave oil out there, but it is one of my favorites (I also really like the Grooming Lounge Beard Master). Also, one bottle lasts me over 6 months of shaving 5 or 6 days per week, so it's still a very good value. I generally wash my face, apply a few drops, shave and wash my face again (probably not necessary, but I don't like leaving any oil on my mug). Shaving with the oil feels noticeably closer than without. Not as close as a blade shave, but I use the electric because it causes much less irritation. I recommend it.

Was skeptical at first about buying preshave oil since I've never really heard of it growing up and it didn't really seem like it was necessary since I always use shaving cream and aftershave. I went for this since it had pretty good review and it was relatively cheap and seemed like a safe try. When you apply it, it gives your skin a tingling feeling. I put my shaving cream on top of the oil and did 2 passes with a safety razor. Usually my skin sort of stings when I apply a second coat of shaving cream but not with the preshave oil. It completely stopped the razor burn feeling I had and my skin felt great. It will be a product I will always use for the rest of my life now.

So scent is good, not that I care so much... Pros are this stuff is way more affordable and is vastly thicker than the competition. I've had stuff that smelled better but this provides superior protection during the shave, I've tried many and I come back to this

Way better than I thought.

After using this with the correct razor for my sensitive skin (Mach 3 Turbo), is works like a dream. I use 2-3 pumps and it covers my entire face. I letit sink in for about 30 seconds then add my shave cream (Pacific shave cream) on top of it and I can shave with and the against the grain with no razor burn and smooth skin. And a great plus is that since it is a thin oil it rinses off very easy.

Also the small is amazing, which is a great bonus.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Ultra Gliding
  • Shave Oil
  • American Crew

Description

American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil



Wow this stuff is amazing for both men and women. I hope to pass it around for Christmas next year. This smells great, is so smooth and I use it on my underarms (as a woman). I used my husbands and then was hooked. Haven't tried it on my legs as I think it would use up too much of the oil - and I use an electric razor for that to reduce razor burn and itching afterwards.

I love the smell of this stuff, and the kind of shave I get with it. For the last two years since switching to shave oil, my 'new' routine has been to shower, then immediately shave. The results have been great... no more irritation, ingrown hairs, etc.

The one issue with this particular product is the packaging. The flip top has broken on 2 of the 3 bottles I've bought of the 1.7 oz bottle. If you don't travel, this probably wouldn't be an issue. In my case, the result was a ziploc baggie full of shaving oil. I don't want to belabor the point, but the bottle was inside a ziploc bag, inside my soft sided toiletry kit, inside my suitcase. So while the bottle definitely was subjected to a little rough treatment, I think a weak design of the bottle top also contributed.

I've used all type of shaving creams, oils, soaps, etc. I was using a brush and mug just before I switched back to an oil. American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil is OUTSTANDING. It isn't too thick and it smell great. Furthermore, the price is excellent for the quality. I also like King of Shaves Alpha Oil and it is sold in a small bottle that is perfect for my travel kit, but American Crew is a better oil for every day use.

By the way, if you've never used a shave oil, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how luxurious a shave you'll get. Give American Crew a try!

The effect on the face I am using for before shaving is good. When you apply it on your skin, it makes your face warm and ready for shaving. I should mention that my skin is a little sensitive and flaky, so it helps my skin improve and be hydrated.

I suspect some of the third part sellers are not selling legit Crew shaving oil as the scent tends to vary. That said, it works as intended, has a nice thickness to it and always arrives as ordered.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment