Sunday, June 2, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

SEB MAN The Groom, Men's Hair & Beard Oil, 1 oz.

SEB MAN The Groom, Men's Hair & Beard Oil, 1 oz.

I really have a love/hate relationship with this product. I was really excited to try it when I read their description as “Our exclusive blend, with grape seed, jojoba, almond and Argan oil, for controlled definition and shine.”. I personally try to use products with all natural ingredients as much as possible. There are many beard oil‘s out there that have just that which works very well. However when I receive this product even though it does have those natural oils in it they are at the bottom of the ingredient list. The main ingredients at the top of the list are Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Isododecane and a few other before you get to the natural oils. (See picture). Due to these ingredients I personally will not buy this product again. Now for the love aspect of this product. Does it work?… Yes! It leaves my beard very manageable and almost Teflon covered feeling. Very different then just natural beard oils but still works and is enjoyable. The fragrance is absolutely wonderful however artificial. Honestly the way this one works in the texture of it reminds me very much of old spice beard oil, which also has lots of additives. Made in France

This SEB MAN The Groom, Men's Hair & Beard Oil, 1 oz., leaves your beard and hair smooth and silky but we are not fans of the scent.

This is a clear product that instantly reminded me of Biosilk Silk Therapy. It's silky and absorbs quickly and isn't greasy at all. You can actually put this on your skin and it's wonderful for making your skin soft and smooth. It makes even a rough beard feel soft and manageable.

My main issue is with the scent. It's very strong - almost overpowering - and we don't care for it. It smells more like a woman's perfume to us. And not one we like. However, scent is a very personal thing so you may love it.

My other issue is the cost. Biosilk and other, similar, products are priced about the same but you get 12 oz or more. The ingredients are very similar and they seem to work equally well. So my thoughts are that the only reason to buy Seb Man The Groom over a similar product is the scent. If you like it, this does perform very well.

My husband rates SEB MAN The Groom , Men’s Hair and Beard Oil a solid 4.5 stars. At first, he wasn’t sure how he would like it because the scent was pretty strong. He also found it really viscous, much more so than his regular beard oil (Smooth Viking beard oil, also available on Amazon). He’s been using it for about 5 days now to give it a proper test run - and here are his thoughts:

The scent, while really strong at first, dries down to become much more subtle and pleasant. No one likes getting a strong whiff of anything, and he was happy to discover that the smell dissipates by the time he is finished applying it.

My husband does not have burly facial hair so he grows his mustache slightly long to get it to appear fuller. He finds using this oil makes it easier to style than other oils he has tried.

He is also a fan of the pump bottle which makes it easier to dispense in comparison to beard and mustache oils that come in a dropper bottle.

One con is that the ingredients are not as natural as he would like. This oil has silicones in it so depending on how you feel about them, that may deter you from using this product at all. Another downside is the price - at $20 a pop for a fluid ounce, it’s much pricier than his Smooth Viking beard oil that is double the size.

All in all, SEB MAN The Groom is a nice grooming product for facial hair that he’s glad to have tried. He will most likely be rotating it with his usual Smooth Viking beard oil.

If you found this review helpful, please give me a thumbs up below! Thank you. 😊

 I was a bit suspicious when I saw this product was marketed as hair and beard oil. Most men have very different consistency between their hair and their beards. After trying it out, I would say this product is geared towards hair, not so much for beards.

Does it work:
Yep, it worked well for both hair and beard. I have blonde hair, and I was worried about it looking greasy. However, the oil produces a light shine, without looking like there is any product in my hair. I’m sure if you want a higher shine, you can use more product, but I prefer a more natural look. It washed out easily at the end of the day in the shower with my regular shampoo.

Scent:
I love the scent of this product. It smells like an expensive cologne. After I wash my hands with soap and water, which I have to do after using all hair products, the scent is not noticeable on my hands. I hardly notice the scent in my hair unless I go from a sitting to a standing position. However, using this product on my beard, I absolutely noticed the scent all day long. I don’t care for this, as when I am eating food, I am also smelling the scent of the oil, which confuses my taste buds.

Feel:
I was surprised by the texture of this oil. I was expecting it to be thinner, but I would compare it more to lube. Once applied to the hair it provides light hold.

Overall:
Get it to use in your hair, not your beard.

Sebastian is a well known brand and I love their shampoos and conditioners. Hair always feels clean and silky after the use. Originally I did not think that "Seb Man" is actually Sebastian brand line of products for men. This oil is advertised as beard oil for men. However, upon careful reading o f the label it I obvious that this product can be used for both hair and beard. Oil is a combination of jojoba, argan, almond and grapeseed oil. Product feels very soft and silky and will not make your hair oily. Scent is soft and pleasing. I mist say that I applied product on my hair (and am not a man). Both my hair and palms of the hands that I used to dispense the product felt soft long after I applied the product on my hair.

This new addition to the Sebastian brand of products is absolutely amazing. I would say this although this product is geared towards men, ultimately it is unisex.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    Dermatologically tested hair & beard oil formulated with a blend of grape seed, jojoba, almond and Argan oil for smoothness, controlled definition and shine.



    I love the pump dispenser and that the oil has some thickness to it which provides a bit more hold than most oils do. The smell for me was fine. It's more of a cologne smell than an essential oil smell. I liked it for a bit of a change, as I am more into the essential oils, but my wife did not like it at all when first applied. She said it was too strong however after an hour or so we really didn't even notice it being as strong. Smell is going to be subjective and not everyone is going like this one but if you do like more of a cologne scent, then this may be a good one for you. As for how my beard felt after applying the SEB Man The Groom - it felt soft and not overly greasy so that was a bonus.

    I just received this beard oil and tried it out straight away and all I can say is Im in love. The smell is amazing. I don't even know how to describe it. A combo of sweet fresh cut fruit wood and well worn oiled leather? I guess thats pretty close. It is a gel formula and it works into the beard quickly and leaves it incredible soft and smooth. I had just trimmed my beard and it softened it right up and left it feeling smooth and fresh. A little goes a long way with this and Im just so pleased with how this works. By and far my favorite beard product to date (nd I have tried 3 or 4 others that I have really liked) If I could give it 10 stars I would.

    Hubs like this beard oil and says it makes his beard have more shine that it normally does. He wasn't too fond of the scent but said it dissipated a lot over a short while so it didn't bother him. The oil comes out of the squirt bottle on the viscous side, but after rubbing it between his palms it was very easy to apply to his beard hair. I think it really made his beard softer and definitely put a nice, non-greasy sheen to it. The scent is kind of strong at first though.

    I have a short beard but don't use a dressing on it. However, I love this SEB MAN oil in my longish hair. Produces soft silkiness and a glossing effect with no oily feel (use sparingly). The scent it a little stronger than I prefer, and although not objectionable, it would clash with a cologne or after shave in many cases. But the benefits as a hair dressing prevail and I really like this product.

    First off I wouldn’t necessarily consider this an oil, more so a gel. Perfume isn’t necessarily the best for a healthy set of hair, but it leaves my hair feeling fairly soft with a nice aroma. I typically lather it on before applying pomade and it creates a very nice blend of scents. Overall, this may not be the healthiest product for your hair but it gets the job done and smells excellent.

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment