Friday, June 7, 2019

Posted Posted by Admin in Comments No comments

Proraso Beard Oil, Wood and Spice, 1.0 Fl Oz

Proraso Beard Oil, Wood and Spice, 1.0 Fl Oz

Best beard oil hands down! I smell like a grizzly pine tree choppin' sophisticated book authoring sea captain extraordinaire!

And this is no exception. They're marvelous in their performance and consistency.

This stuff smells EXACTLY like the Proraso Beard Balm I tried a few years back. At that time it came in an olive green box with red accents. I was intrigued by the name Wood and Spice, I must admit, not to mention the rave reviews it's gotten. But I was looking for the older stuff as I'm now growing a first time beard. Wasn't able to find it anywhere, so this seemed like a safe bet. So I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it today and that wonderful scent greeted me.

The scent is really really tops, baby. It's woody in a light, Mediterranean cypress kinda way. It's a walk in a Cypress cedar forest on the coast during a cool morning. The scent lingers nicely, but doesn't overpower if you like it. It's honestly one of my favorite scents ever, so I've gone ahead and purchased the Balm and edt.

This stuff smells absolutely amazing. It's one of my favorite things to smell and it sits on my face. Does a great job of locking in water after a shower with a quick blow dry. Has an added bonus of becoming fragrant again when you hop into the shower.

I was worried about blowing through the whole bottle quickly, but even with liberal use the bottle is barely half empty months down the road. You quickly learn how much is the right amount, and to not under or over do it, depending on your beard length.

There is so much to like about this beard oil. The Cypress and Vetyver scent is very nice, and different than most of the "woodsy" scents out there...it's like a piney/citrusy aroma, very fresh and invigorating without being over powering. The oil itself is light and rubs in easily, brings just a touch of cooling menthol, and leaves my beard shiny and soft without being oily. I genuinely enjoy applying and experiencing this oil; I have used it on my beard at varying lengths and it always performs. The bottle and box are well styled, and the bottle is dark glass with a dropper. To top it all off, the product is produced just outside of Florence, Italy, which is one of my favorite places in the world, and everything about this product seems to capture the essence of that region.
That said, the reason for my 4-star review is that this oil does not help to alleviate beard flakes. If only this oil included a good moisturizing agent, like Jojoba oil, it would be a slam-dunk 5-star product. As a result, I use another brand for "everyday" application, and keep the Proraso for special times when I want to feel/smell extra nice...like going out with my wife and friends, or special/formal events.

Another excellent product by Proraso. This beard oil is light and has a faint scent which is enjoyable when applied.

I also highly recommend Brother Artisan Grooming Oil in grapefruit an orange. Brothers beard oil is very light in consistency and has a clean, crisp citrus scent which is pleasant.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • For long, thick beards
  • Tames, soothes, softens and protects beard hair
  • Natural-based formulation without mineral oils or artificial colors
  • Made in Italy

Description

Proraso Beard Oil is formulated silicone-free, penetrating deeply to tame, smooth, nourish and protect a full or long beard. Omega-3 and Omega-6 rich Walnut Oil and Sunflower Oil work to moisturize and condition beard hair. Avocado and Macadamia Nut Oils give extra protection while helping to soften and add a lasting sheen. The masculine Wood and Spice fragrance features fine woods, with a cedar heart and notes of rock rose, spicy cumin, saffron and mildly sweet vanilla. Dermatologically tested, cruelty-free, with 97% of ingredients of natural origins. No parabens, phthalates, silicones, mineral oils or SLS. Originating in Italy, Proraso has been Italy’s leader in men’s grooming since 1948. Dedicated to the most skillful and demanding barber, and men’s grooming enthusiast, it is a professional line based on natural ingredients, with technically perfect textures, proven formulas and exclusive fragrances.



I liked the scent, and it seemed to soften the whiskers. My wife however did not like the scent. Too "musky" and "smells like hot dogs." Don't know where she got hot dogs, but she is pregnant, so maybe I can try it agIn later when her condition changes.

This stuff is fantastic! It smells great and I'm pretty sure it's making my beard softer! I used to use a brand that went off the market and had to find a new company. I've been ordering a ton of oil to find a good smell. Well I've found it! I did have to change the bottle, because of the odd threading they use, to fit a pump top that I bought to make the oils easier to use. I'm seriously in love!

I initially purchased this last year at Sephora for my boyfriend. The smell is delicious, like vanilla and sandalwood. It compliments whatever cologne he wears and makes his beard super soft. I panicked when I realized Sephora no longer carried it! I am so relieved I can get it on Amazon!!

Specific points:
- when used appropriately sparingly, the amount of odor is present, but balanced and not overdone
- the oil blend is perfect to soften without greasing - a point missed by the vast majority of beard oils
- the scent blend is mild and gets good feedback from my kids, wife and even the in-laws
- sounds silly, but the dropper design is simply the best option for beard oil.

The Azur Lime Proraso Beard Oil is my new go-to for beard oil. It dries quickly and doesn't leave residue on my shirt, yet it keeps my beard soft. The smell is pleasant without being overwhelming. It's a nice overall product, and I recommend it without hesitation.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment